His shit still smells, although he barely shits at all: The Jose Mourinho Thread Part III

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Achillean, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Caption time:

[​IMG]

Good to see the squad in a good mood.
    [​IMG]

2. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Sergio: ...and so they bought David Villa to replace him!

Gonzalo: LOL.

2 people repped this.
  3. suckafree8990

suckafree8990 Member

Aug 6, 2006
    houston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    must spread rep blah blah. :D

4. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  5. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  6. UncleGoro

UncleGoro New Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Inter fans are feeling bitter

[​IMG]

lol @ orgasmou

7. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    Not really. They are just showing their love for him. Which is understandable since Mourinho has that effect on teams that he manages. Hell, he has only been here at Real Madrid for a few months and the fans are already chanting his name in all our home matches.

"¡Lolololó, loló, José Mourinho...!"

8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It's more understandable after seeing what his replacement is doing with the team.

9. Eldenfirefly

Eldenfirefly New Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    New poster here. I admit it. I am a Jose Mourinho fan. :)

Before this, the arrival of so much talent at Real Madrid in the form of Kaka, CR7, then Benzema really made me hopeful that Real Madrid would shine. But it seemed like Real Madrid was playing more like a bunch of individuals then a team.

Now, Mourinho has done what so many coaches before this has failed. He has taken the group of rich highly paid, talented but often self centered individuals, and molded it into a TEAM! And into HIS vision of a team. Even Ronaldo is now willing to pass, to let Benzema take a penalty. And its not just about one guy trying to hoard the ball and single handedly run it into the goal. Real Madrid, under Jose is finally truely playing like a team! And he has transformed the defense of Real Madrid into a feared wall now. Now, no team facing Real Madrid can be confident of getting any sort of easy goals. Yet, our attacking is a joy to watch. We don't play around like Barca. When we go in, we go straight for the throat. Lose your concentration now against Jose's RM team, and you will be 2-0 down before you know it and down for the count.

Jose wasn't kidding when he says he believes he is the best and wants to win everything. With the right support, he will make Real Madrid into an unstoppable Juggernaut. *shivers thinking about just how unstoppable RM will be*

Its fitting then that the biggest competitor to Jose and Real Madrid is in the Spanish La Liga itself. The current Barcelona team is widely perceived to be one of the strongest football teams in this decade. But I believe Jose can and will put togther the Real Madrid team that can even beat Barca, because he know Barca well.

Even with Inter Milan, he managed to get the best out of some players who might not have been quite the cream of the crop. With Real Madrid, he is spoilt for choices. Everyone, even those on the bench could be put together to form a strong side that can challenge.

And Jose is fortunate. He currently has new players who will be part of the lynchpin of his new team. And many of them are still so young. People like Ozil, Di Maria are barely at the start of their football career. Yet already, they are getting the chance to play alongside CR 7, get Jose's wisdom, and play at the very top level.

If you already like what Jose has achieved so far already only just now, which is not even halfway through the season, nor the knockout stages of the CL. Wait till he has had even more time to fully mold this young team into his dream team.

When it happens, nothing will stand in Real Madrid's way. Not Barca, and certainly not the current Man U, Chelsea, Inter Milan, or any other team. Only Barca has a chance, but with Jose's indepth knowledge of Barca, and all the cards currently falling his way. I believe with all my heart. Real Madrid under Jose will be unstoppable. If not this season, then definitely by the next.

Jose has a chance to craft one of the most amazing fotball coach legacies ever, as great, if not greater than Alex Furgeson. He just need to sty in RM. And I hope we will keep him here. Together, this current Real Madrid taking form will be a legend!

Bring on Barca! We are ready! The coming clash is going to be awesome! :D

10. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Welcome very interesting first read, I think the good thing Jose has going is that the media is understanding that this is a team in construction. Plus if thing's dont go according to plan ie not win anything, Jose is great at handling the media shit storm.

Overall, I think us as fans just need to keep our feet on the ground and just put belief into his work.

11. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jose interview about last match

12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
  13. UncleGoro

UncleGoro New Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Two match ban for Mou...urghhh

The Spanish FA’s Competition Committee has served José Mourinho with a two-match ban after the head coach was sent off during the return leg of Real Madrid’s Copa del Rey tie against Real Murcia. According to the committee, Mourinho was booked “for formulating observations about the referee” and he has been suspended for the Sporting and Athletic matches “for addressing the referee with disrespectful vocabulary - Article 117- realmadrid.com

14. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    So what I take from the Engrish version of the El Larguero interview, Mourinho recognized Channels. Excellent! :D

15. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ...and a barn :D

16. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    channels - canales; barn - granero

17. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    We know. We've had fun with these translations for many years. I listened to the full interview, which makes the translations even funnier.

18. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i'm sure all the posters know that - others might get confused

19. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Don't front, you didn't know channels was Canales until you were told. You need to swallow your pride and take a Spanish class with Oscar instead of pretending you're from Spain or something.

20. Don Nino El Dios

Don Nino El Dios Proud to be White

Mar 30, 2008
    La Casa Blanca
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed, who woulda thunk it? Sometimes crystal balls can be misleading. :D

I think Mourinho had every intention of staying with Chelsea for a long time, he seemed very happy there and loyal to the Blue's faithful. What seemed to happen, from what I gathered, is that he had disagreements with Roman, and I'm assuming one of those issues was his bringing in of Schevchenko and other signings that Mourinho may not have agreed with (I could be wrong). He also may have simply disrespected Mourinho and had not apologized for it. So, Jose left, although it is clear that it hurt him deeply to do so.

At Porto, I think it's clear why he left. He was then hot property after leading the unfancied FC Porto to Champion's League glory. Time to move up to the next challenge, and where better to do that than in England with a big side. I wouldn't read too much into his departure from Porto, as being relevant to his situation at Madrid, as it was always going to happen after his success.

At Inter, it always seemed to me that he was settling being at that club, which I think he felt was never big enough for a manager of his stature. But, it seems to me at the time that most of the other attractive, big clubs weren't really on the look out for his services (correct me if I'm wrong). Of course, he was immediately turned off by how the Italian media had treated him. He almost said immediately that his stay wouldn't be long. He wanted to win his silverware, and get out, and he got his chance when a club worthy of his stature called him, that club being Real Madrid.

Why I think Mourinho will see out his 4 year contract with Madrid, if not stay longer:

At Real Madrid, there are certain things to consider, and I've gone over some of these before...

1) I think Mourinho is smart enough to know that he is at the biggest, most successful club in the world. Our trophy haul, honors and classy history can't be disputed. He fancies himself as the greatest coach in the world, the Special One, so why wouldn't he want to spend as much time as he can at the greatest club (and one that has so much financial muscle, as well).

2) I don't know that Mourinho's going to ever have such a talented, young group as he has now. I mean, our players ooze class, even on the bench. If he wants to increase his trophy haul, he's going to want to milk that for all it's worth. His players are already fond of him... if he grows fond of our group, I expect him to want to stay and bring another golden era to Charmartin. He knows as well as we do that this group can win ALOT.

3) The Location and Culture of his current job is something to consider. Surely, Jose prefers the more mild, sunny climate of Madrid, the closer proximity to Portugal and just being on the Iberian Peninsula. And I haven't been to Spain (yet) or Portugal, but I don't think it's a wild assumption to say that Spain's culture comes to closest to Portugal's, when compared to the other European nations. Surely he must feel more at home here than at England or Italy. Or perhaps I presume to much?

Why I think it will take for Mourinho to leave after his contract expires (or leave earlier):

1) The biggest threat, I think we all agree, is if Don Florentino or Valdano or someone else in the administration pisses him off, betrays his trust, and/or gets too involved in his realm of authority. If that happens, we may see a swift exit. Hopefully the powers that be recognize this, and respect the man to his satisfaction and let him do what he does best, and that's win.

2) If he really has his heart set on managing Man United when SAF leaves, and how soon that happens. SAF may be talking him into as we speak. However, if he isn't in any rush to fill that spot, then I think the attraction to go back to England in a rush is much decreased, despite his expressed desire to return to English football one day. Also, United does not have the financial resources and attractiveness that Real Madrid have shown to possess.

3) If he's in a rush to manage Portugal. We've all seen the very moving, patriotic letter he wrote to the Portuguese players, and how he mentioned he would jump at the chance to come to the aid of Portugal. There's no doubting that, however I'm not sure if he's ready at his young age as a manager to have so little to do with football than to only be with his group once a month or so. When he said he's leave to help Portugal, I think he meant temporarily, as he was obviously not going to leave Real Madrid to do this. So, I'm not sure how much managing Portugal is a priority to him at this stage of his career. I think that's too little action to satisfy him now. I see him managing in England again before he does that.

4) If the Spanish media turn on him and prove too meddlesome, he may get annoyed by that and resign. But, I think they'll treat him ok, since they'll want him around. As some others have pointed out, he is an assload more entertaining and charismatic than that wet rag, Pellegrini. It's in their best interest to keep him around.

Sorry for the long post, but I have a lot to say about this. I tried to organize my ideas the best I can. :D

As I have always supported Mourinho coming to Madrid and always felt strongly that he would do well here, atleast since he's been at Inter, I want to say right now that I hope that Rafa Benitez never coaches at Madrid.

Madridista and Madrileno or not, I don't think he has what it takes. He's like the anti-Mourinho, and his players often can't stand him. :cool:

21. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Had no idea. It's a shame Of the Network had to give up his career - that was always fun. So was Fernando Round, one of my all time favorite Real Madrid players. Fernando Iron is still in the news with the RFEF, so that helps. And we always have the build up to Sevilla with great comments from Of the Nest.

Mourinho is a fascinating individual - especially now that I hear from him regularly and see him in action. Yesterday he was asked "Does it look older here?" (Do you see yourself getting older here) - and he said 'if we are all happy, why not extend the contract?' He does strike me as a person that will look for the next challenge... be it back in England or with Portugal.

All that said, it is way too early to be speculating about how long he'll be around. The most encouraging sign is that Uncle Flo appears to be taking a back seat. I'll admit he has won me over - and I started saying this before the season started... not just about wins.

22. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Similar sentiments here

The spanish footballing culture doesn't suit his tastes which might be a problem in luring him to stay for more than 4 years.

Hopefully if we build a dynasty within that 4 year period and 2 other la liga teams other than Barca become serious contenders for the title then maybe hell stay on, but its difficult to compete with the footballing atmosphere in england - its really something else

Ironically it would be advantageous that Barca remain the powerhouse they are, a healthy rivalry between the two best teams in world football may satisfy is appetite for constant challenges

23. TT_Madridista

TT_Madridista Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je9PlmaztqM"]Wayne's Radical Treatment[/ame]
    very nice!! be champions!!
    1:45-6 :D:D:D

24. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    Well it is official. Mourinho has had the best debut of any manager since the 3-point system was introduced. No other manager has achieved 29 points in 11 matches.

25. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Its because he is the bestest in the whole world..

Right up there next to God :D:p