The 80s - Bayern's 'Unlucky' European Decade

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Gregoriak, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris in SoCal

Chris in SoCal New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Orange County
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That was some shady sh*t. How many do-overs where there?

2. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Here you can see some highlights of that game. The biggest highlight of course being Rummenigge's magnificent overhead kick effort. If he had scored with that one, it would probably be rated as the most sensational goal ever scored in a European Cup final. Too bad he just missed the goal.

I will compile a second part featuring most of the highlights of the second half later.

[youtube]Zh1rk14Ie6E[/youtube]

3. Gregoriak

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    And part two.

[youtube]kD0CkQ_F9sE[/youtube]

4. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Another top thread Gregoriak!

The 80s was unlucky for Bayern, especially in the later half. In 1987, the Bayern squad probably thought they had the win, especially after knocking out Real Madrid but Porto did what Steaua did the year before and PSV the year after. Pull off a shock in the Final.

I wonder what the report would be like for the Napoli-Bayern matches in 1989.

5. Gregoriak

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich

I'm kinda stuck in 1985 - I only have one game from the 1985-86 season (the 3-3 at Austria Vienna) but more importantly, I lack newspaper coverage for that season, that's why I'm not getting on with this thread. I started to collect newspaper clips in early-1987 and for the years prior to that I used the collection of newspaper reports assembled in the "So Ein Tag" book series (which covers 1965 to 1985). Thus I have everything well-covered except the 1985-86 season! But I will continue with this thread once I have more time to dedicate to researching more for the 1985-86 season.