Condolences to LA and our extended soccer family Doug Hamilton RIP 1963-2006

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by bridgeviewturd, Mar 10, 2006.

1. bridgeviewturd

bridgeviewturd BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 30, 2005
    bridgeview
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=361179&cc=5901

To those of you havent heard Doug Hamilton, Galaxy GM has passed away from an apparent heart attack on the flight back from SanJose.

I am putting my rivalries aside and saying sorry for your loss to Doug wife and 5 year old son to the Galaxy organization, players and fans.

Peace be with you brothers and Doug we as MLS fans are proud of what you did for this league and what you did with LA and HDC, setting a standard uprecedented in US Soccer history. People like you are far and few in between in this world and you will be truly missed.

As a sign of solidarity and class I think it would be good of the supporters groups of the Chicago Fire to send some type of Condolence cards to the Galaxy front office for the Hamilton family.

RIP brother.

Eternal rest, grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen

2. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    His family lost a loving brother, father and husband, those who knew him lost a loyal and funny compatriot and the League lost its sharpest and most dedicated leader.

I lost a friend whom I respected like no one else in our sport. All in soccer in this country are poorer today without him. We must all work that much harder the rest of the way, for now we are all playing a man down.

Peace unto you "H",.

peter

3. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    A real sad day in the US Soccer family. RIP.

4. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sad news. He was one of the good ones.

5. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :(

Oh my only 43. Rest in Peace.

6. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I almost fell out of my chair when I read the story this afternoon. He was taken far too soon. I just hope that those who knew him can heal so that one day they celebrate his accomplishments as much as they now mourn his loss.

7. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My deepest sympathy to the Hamiltons. He will be missed. :(