San Jose's final goodbye!

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Che chico!, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Che chico!

Che chico! Member

Dec 21, 2004
    West LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow this is really to bad :(

3. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    I love it, for no other reason than Goodsport is finished

4. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of the Queefs fans were so god dam c0cky that the world was gonna be okay and this would never happen, Im glad they got the reality check they deserve. Its really sad the rivaly will die, but It hopefully will come back in a few years. Let the whine fest begin!!! Im just kidding some have a right to complain some dont, you gotta understand you gotta spend the money, get a SSS, and sell tickets.... or else. Im sorry for the good decent Quakes fans and hope that Houston06 doesnt troll like he did when he was Quakes05.

5. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Of course, the basic problem with democracy is that people usually get the government they deserve.

6. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
  7. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So let me get this straight. The Sharks went to the city and asked for public financing for the SSS and assistance to cover operating losses in the meantime. Losses that AEG has been sucking up to the tune of $20M. Talks collapse and Quake fan will blame AEG. Most of the posters over there are a$$holes, but Goodsport is a decent, if not myopic fellow. As a NASL survivor myself, I feel bad for the long-time fans. I love the LA/SJ rivalry. I think it is the best in the league. I mean, who give a $hit about Houston one way or another?

8. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goodsport's a little bit on the strange side if you get me. ;)

Houston here we come baby, joke, I'll miss the rivalry in ways, wont miss some of their fans, I woder who they'll support next season, Houston? Chivas? :D

There fans wouldn't feel bad if we were getting moved so why should anyone show them sympathy, at least here anyway, we can keep our true feelings about the loss of a rival to ourselves. I was hoping to one day see a G's V Queefs game at the HDC, that'll never happen now :( , but there's always the Chivas game.

I'm listening to some Wizards announcement, but I only cought the part were they were thanking everybody in attendance, what was it about, it's apparently big news. I'm excited.

9. LA Red

LA Red New Member

Oct 14, 2005
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I despise the Smurfs with a passion as much as the next G-fan. But I will miss the rivalry which I thought was the best in the MLS. I won't miss their fans though. I was so looking forward to the close road trips to San Ho for those rivalry matches too. Oh well....I'm over it.

10. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Looks like it's time for Goodsport to change the Quakes BS tagline from "Houston, my ass!" to "ass"

11. taco jones

taco jones Member

Dec 23, 2003
    The city of San Jose's final goodbye maybe, but the team hasn't left the bay area just yet. Until AEG speaks, there's a chance this team ends up in Santa Clara. Personally, I love having a NoCal team to hate on, no matter how lame 93% of their fans are.

12. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to concentrate on CDCUSA. oh yay

13. ray of light

ray of light Member

May 14, 2003
    somewhere in this beautiful world.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It really sucks, can't understand why !
    I'm really sorry for all soccer fans!

14. asdf2

asdf2 Member+

Oct 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    As a Quakes fan I do appreciate the sympathy some of you show.

I'm also a Niners fan, and to this day I think it sucks you lost the Rams to St. Louis. Jack Youngblood, Joe Montana, Hacksaw Reynolds playing for both teams. Now the Rams play in a dome in Missouri. That sucks for you who got screwed, but it also sucks for sport.

15. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was waiting for something like this.

16. Anteaters FC

Anteaters FC New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Mixed feelings here.

I never got to make a road trip up to San Jo. And there's no rivalry like this in MLS.

17. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must be too young to remember that we stole the Rams from Cleveland in 1946.

Hacksaw Reynolds, there was a great MLB! After leading the LA Rams to their only Super Bowl appearance, he leaves for the hated Niners as a free agent and leads them to their first Super Bowl victory. Anyone else know how he got his nickname? (Don't Google, that's cheating!)

Montana???? Drafted by the Niners in 1979. Went to KC in 1993. Never took a snap for the Rams. Youngblood played his entire career (1971-84) with the Rams including every defensive snap in the 1978 NFC title game AND a Super Bowl with a broken leg. What a stud! Youngblood played with his little brother Jim on that Rams defense from 1973-1984.

18. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a hater of the Earthquakes, I would rather have them around to beat up on.

If they fold up shop in SJ, it's bad for the league and bad for soccer.

The Galaxy vs. the Quakes has always been a great rivalry. It's like we're the Earthlings and they're the Martians. They're just so wierd, so different, so totally f*****d up, it's just fun having them around just for sheer entertainment.

Do they even know this is happening to them right now, because I think the news hit the boards just when most of them were at a matinee showing of "Brokeback Mountin' ".

Topper

:D :D :D

19. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, people usually get the government that his contributors paid for:

[​IMG]

20. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course I do! He just took losses a bit harder than some players... ;)

I was weaned on the original LA Rams...wearing blue and white and playing to a packed house in the Coliseum. Merlin Olsen, Deacon Jones and the rest of the Fearsome Foursome...Roman Gabriel....whoa! What a flashback...

As much as I hate to see the Galaxy-Smurf rivalry die, I absolutely will not miss watching games played in that freaking bathtub they call a stadium.

21. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Worst stadium in the league by a mile. :p

22. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or Houston...
    Houston here we come. :p

23. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's time we changed ours too, just for the sake of it.

I wonder what Goodsprt will write at the bottom of his posts, he usually puts in

Guess that's old now.

24. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No just changed slightly to:
    Go SJ Earthquakes... to Houston!!
    Go Wranglers!!! Who is ready for Houston06 to start trolling and make an ass out of himself again? :D