Barra Brava/CSC/DCSEC discussions thread (part 2)

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by McOwen, Sep 5, 2005.

1. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Barra Brava Boycott Thread II (Updates Only Please)

Seeing that the original thread now has over 15,000 hits (A huge amount even by DC United/Big Soccer standards) I thought it might be a good idea to start a new thread here for the benefit of hearing clear updates re: the Barra Brava issues with the DC Stadium Authority, CSC, and our friends at United's front office.

PLEASE LIMIT THE POSTS HERE TO IMPORTANT INFORMATION.

(Note: If Mods Lastort or Revelation could help enforce this I would appreciate it... Perhaps lock the old thread?)

The big meeting that will hopefully resolve this issue to everyone's satisfaction will take place Wed.

Lets all hope for the best.

Muerte o Gloria,
    Owen

2. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    Re: Barra Brava Boycott Thread II (Updates Only Please)

Actually its beginning to seem the meeting will be on Thursday due to scheduling. The Stadium is going to ask their legal counsel to join. I'll likely bring an attorney as well once I consult with my guys.

3. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso

also owen, oscar wanted the orginal thread as busy and active as possible, so mods, please keep the thread open and folks continue to post opinion, etc. on that thread. we'll try to save this for "news".

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

I received an email from Barbara Cornicello from La Voz Hispana de Virginia. I'll wait to set up a face to face meeting until after the results of thursdays meeting are known.

5. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Re: Barra Brava Boycott Thread II Digest Version :)

Rob's very positive update for those of you who prefer to read my Knave-esque condensed version of this Barra thread... :D

6. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
  7. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Help!! Help!! I'm being oppressed!!! :D

8. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Repressed :)

9. URwormfood

URwormfood Member

Mar 24, 2004
    6 feet under: LOT 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn..I have to cancel my order for the ACME disguise kits I bought for Oscar and Rob... :(

[​IMG]

~worm~

10. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Come one, come all to Bobby Valentine's used disguies!!!

11. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Don't make me show you the violence inherent in the system. :D

As long as Barra's back, the world will be right again.

12. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Guys we're getting way off topic.

CSC sucks ass.

There... back on track.

13. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    Hey BBBulldog, why don't you just invite some of your old BBB friends over for watching a game. All you have to do is put them in the right place at the right time, and the problem will be solved in no time ;)

14. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    RFK is already falling apart, I'm not sure it would look any better without seats :D

15. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having spent quite a bit of time in the Balkans myself, I would think that with all that unfinished concrete, they'd feel right at home. ;)

16. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    Well, IF they'd already fly over just for a game, they might as well do it right:

[​IMG]

;)

PS: I know I'm just disturbing this important discussion here, so go ahead, I'm out hehe :D

17. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Ok folks, Oscar and I met with Kevin and Stephen today and it was a very productive meeting. Kevin and Stephen are working with RFK and I believe a resolution that will suit everyone is at hand. Its not 100% but I think reason and reasonableness is prevailing and our views are being heard and understood. I'm very optimistic this will all come out to the good and improve the entire situation with CSC and other vendors.

Note I mentioned reasonablness above. I have something then that we the Elders want to ask of you. If we resolve this the way it looks like it will unfold we need to do some things on our end to improve the situation and what we want is for you guys to leave CSC alone. MPD will be in our section (along with United staff) and there will not be any reason to interact with CSC. So no "FU CSC" chants, no yelling at them, etc. If they taunt you or hassle you, immediately report it to me or Oscar or a United person. We will contact Stephen/Kevin and they will deal with it. We want to try and move forward here and part of that will be letting our grudge go against CSC.

I know almost everyone in the Barra, if not all United fans have a "negative" CSC story. But at this point, we all want to move on and put our focus on winning a 5th Cup.

So if we get the result that seems like its going to happen I hope we can be the "bigger people" and ignore CSC, tell MPD how awesome they are and spend our energy and time pushing the lads to that 5th Cup.

We'll let you know as we recieve any further information. Things are moving in a positive direction and hopefully they will resolve themselves in a good way very soon.

Big Rob

The above is the last update Rob posted. I pasted it here to keep the discussion on track.

18. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hopefully this will end positively and we can get back to doing what we do best. Supporting our team. I have to admit the last few days have been pretty worrisome for me. I saw something that we put ten years of hardwork into suddenly maybe going away. It helped me appreciate all you Barra fanaticos that much more. Time to look forward....

VAMOS UNITED

19. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    I spoke with Oscar and Rob today...
    Though discussions were productive Oscar needs to offically call off the boycott. He is awaiting one more detail and message regarding the situation.
    We are making progress, but unity is still very necessary.

Oscar has the final word on this so stay tuned. He also wants to personally thank everyone who gave us support during this tough time. We want everyone to know that this is not a pissing contest done just for the hell of it--but a reaction to many incidents over our ten year life span.
    This boycott is also not about running from trouble with the CSC...it's exactly the opposite. We've had enough with certain elements and lack of consistency within the CSC.

We want to be back for United more than anything, but even we have our limits.

Are a few security guards worth a large boycott from so many customers?
    It's up to CSC... United's client.

Stay tuned.

20. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava

I spoke with Oscar and Rob today...
    Though discussions were productive Oscar needs to offically call off the boycott. He is awaiting one more detail and message regarding the situation.
    We are making progress, but unity is still very necessary.

Oscar has the final word on this so stay tuned. He also wants to personally thank everyone who gave us support during this tough time. We want everyone to know that this is not a pissing contest done just for the hell of it--but a reaction to many incidents over our ten year life span.
    This boycott is also not about running from trouble with the CSC...it's exactly the opposite. We've had enough with certain elements and lack of consistency within the CSC.

We want to be back for United more than anything, but even we have our limits.

Are a few security guards worth a large boycott from so many customers?
    It's up to CSC... United's client.

Stay tuned.

21. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Threads merged

22. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Admit it, you were just bored weren't you. :D

23. Abner Ravenwood

Jul 21, 2004
    Last seen in Nepal
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is all great news... but now what the hell am I supposed to do with my "You can't spell C*CKSUCKERS without CSC" banner??

24. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hold on to it until this thing is 100% settled.