Summer Transfer Thread 2005

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by mad theory, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    £20M, is that all?

[​IMG]

Dream on.

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
  3. The Canandien WizKid

Oct 11, 2004
    Mississauga, ont, Ca
    The only crucial peice of information on that site is that Robben is out for another month.

4. rohan524

rohan524 New Member

Mar 29, 2005
    Philippines
    Found this in the BBC Sportpage:

Barcelona are planning a £35m summer move for Arsenal striker Thierry Henry. (The Sun)

Should I be afraid? Barca has been eyeing Thierry Henry since two years ago.

5. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    my exact thoughts
    the .gif is the cherry on the cake

6. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    35 is a lil nice but Chelsea offered 50 b4 and we said no
    and i suspect this was a rumour but i heard they gave Arsenal a signed blank cheque and said give us Henry.
    In that case i'd take like 1 billion and call it a deal

7. Claus KJ

Claus KJ New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Aarhus, Denmark
    No!

The source is The Sun [spit].

Henry doesn't want to leave.

There's no chances in hell we'd sell Henry.

All in all it's just another "transfer" cocked up by a couple of lazy hacks nearing a deadline. And unfortunately it sells just so many copies.

KJ

8. Bigpapa42

Bigpapa42 Member

Dec 15, 2004
    The Wastes of Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Interesting that the article says that Henry feels he's done all he can at Arsenal and wants to move on... whereas he's said about 5 times in the past couple of months that he's happy, settled, and wants to play out his career with the Gunners. Hmm...

9. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What money are Barca going to use? Monopoly money? Skee-ball tickets? They don't have the cash and even if they borrowed it, Henry wouldn't leave. He's not going anywhere.

10. Caribbean boy

Caribbean boy New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    barbados westindies
    That article is really funny. Where will barca get 35mil. Henry is happy at arsenal and will be the next berkamp. i think the reporters who come up with these stories should be fined half their salary. I am waiting to hear what they will come up with next????????????????????????????????????????????

11. Jasonisimo

Jasonisimo New Member

Jun 3, 2003
    Boston
    If Barca paid us 50 million skee-ball tickets then we would have enough to get the 30" flat screen plasma TV! *gasp* Awesome!!!

I say do it!

12. Jo2 tha gooner

Jo2 tha gooner New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Vancouver,BC
  13. OklahomaGunner

Dec 21, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Jo2,

Don't know why the but the link isn't opening. Just a generic base screen for SkySports.

14. Jo2 tha gooner

Jan 19, 2005
    Vancouver,BC
    thats a shame its ok ur not missing much basically the kid wants to play but they're playin Arsenal so he can't this weeekend and hes wants to be back and playing and the best part of the whole piece mr.wenger says this kid could play first team for us right now. I saw him play once vs chelsea he looks like a future gunner great ball skills and lots of flair. hes an attacking mid or a withdrawn striker I haven't seen enough of him to say that he could be the replacement for dennis but this would save money if he could step in next season.
    And is SWP going to chelsea ???
    How about Frey from Parma ???

15. Bigpapa42

Bigpapa42 Member

Dec 15, 2004
    The Wastes of Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Frey would be a pretty solid keeper. Experienced, and he can be outright outstanding at times. The biggest issue is that several other major clubs might be looking at him - Inter, Manchester United, Liverpool, Juventus... which means it could be a bidding war or him getting to choose which club.

16. Jo2 tha gooner

Jan 19, 2005
    Vancouver,BC
    Why is Juve on this list they have the best keeper in the world.
    Do you think Paul Robinson would want to come play for a real club ?
    Seems like there are plenty of pretty good keepers around and our defense will be better i'm seeing great things for next year.

17. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
  18. Bigpapa42

Bigpapa42 Member

Dec 15, 2004
    The Wastes of Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't know why Juve would want to pay up big for a top backup, and I doubt Frey would want to sit behind anyone... even the top keeper in the world. But Juventus was on the list of interested teams in the SkySports article. So was Real Madrid, I believe, and they have the same situation, as they have Casillas. Though at least with Madrid, there is some speculation of Casillas leaving.

19. jatm516

jatm516 Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Hope, Arkansas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That Plasma TV sure is tempting! Just think how pretty and green the pitch would look on that! :D JK I like Henry.

20. OklahomaGunner

Dec 21, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Common is the one I've noticed with some sort of passionate hate.

I'm telling you, if they get Kameni, I'll sit back and enjoy the rest of the signing period. Everything from that point on will be gravy IMO. I've wanted Kameni to be with The Arsenal for several months now and each time I watch him I'm more impressed.

21. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    If we get a new keeper
    who do you think they will ship out
    Lemon or Aluminium, i personally hope Aluminium

22. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I woulod wager Lehmann. Almunia is younger, and will be more content on the bench. Lehmann thinks he's better than Kahn. :rolleyes:
    But hopefully, they both go, we get a new #1, and Taylor gets a shot.