How do we fans get Rafa Marquez thrown out of the league?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by mjlee22, Apr 15, 2012.

1. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can blame referee Ricardo Salazar for part of Rafa Marquez's repeated mugging yesterday of Shea Salinas, resulting in a broken collar bone.

But Marquez's thuggery is well known. Remember the following from the playoffs last year?

After thorough examination of the incident that followed the Oct. 30 game between the New York Red Bulls and the LA Galaxy, the Disciplinary Committee strongly believed Rafa Marquez must be punished above the red card he was issued for throwing the ball after the final whistle because of the following actions: attempting to head butt Adam Cristman, attempting to punch Adam Cristman; striking Cristman, and simulating that he had been struck in the face,” said MLS executive vice president Nelson Rodriguez, who oversees the disciplinary committee.

How do we fans send a clear message that the MLS does not need Rafa Marquez and should throw him out of the league? Maybe someone could revoke his visa, ala Luke Rogers...

1 person likes this.
  2. dsirias

dsirias Member

Oct 26, 2007
    His lazy defending is just a subset of his lazy everything
    Never shows for the ball. Walks around. Thinks that creating one or two chances with nice passes into the box are good enough for a days work

Red bull is screwed until they get a completely new center midfield
    I'd buy the dude out at years end if I was red bull. They can afford it

3. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy6rCYtzJSY"]Patada de Rafael Marquez a Shea Salinas - YouTube[/ame]

4. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Fans throw someone out of the league? Never gonna happen. Your best bet is a mutually terminated contract, which would only work if Rafa could get the same beefy contract in Mexico. I mean he doesn't look happy to be here either, but nobody in their right mind is going to walk from all those millions unless there are more millions around the corner.

5. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Send him to Chivas USA, have the redbulls pick up most of the salary, another reason for people to hate on Chivas, it would be great IMO.

Chivas fans can just keep saying bring on the hate! :)

6. davez

davez Member+

Aug 10, 2000
    Mountain View, CA
    I think there is probably a clause in the standard contract, which the league owns, that refers to character and morals. Assaulting a player in a game can be construed by anyone, to violate that clause.

7. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    We're better off throwing things at Marquez himself.

1 person likes this.
  8. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Stop showing up to games.

9. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's completely devoid of class. I don't think you can get thrown out of a league for that, but maybe there's some wiggle room.

10. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I would love to see MLS leadership take a stand against game violence. Even if we can agree that Marquez was over the line, seems as though the level of tolerance for physical abuse is increasing. Hammerlocks, jumping on opponents' shoulders, cleating opponents -- if referees were directed to call these fouls, we'd see more game and less WWE.

11. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Ship him off to the New York Cosmos ;)

12. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luke Rodgers never had his visa revoked.

13. Mucky

Mucky Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Manchester England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm not a Marquez fan I must admit.

I remember Beckham getting his fair share of stick for not being committed enough to the league and that was understandable but when I look at Beckham, Henry and other DP's and see their attitude on the field and compare that with Marquez, well there is no comparison.

I think Marquez has disrespected the RBNY franchise, the league, its players, and its fans to varying degrees but of course it will be RBNY who ultimately decide on how his contract is dealt with.

14. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you are saying we should "Kick" Marquez out of MLS?

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week

:rolleyes:

15. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Make some publicity and boot him altogether, if possible through established contract agreements. The league should scapegoat this idiot to let it be known that even some Barca pedigree and stardom in Mexico do not put someone above MLS. He is now (er, for a while) worse than a bust by being a cancer, too. It would be refreshingly honest for the league to admit a mistake and solve a real problem at the same time. This isn't a playground for aging egos.

16. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

2 people repped this.
  17. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, this thread could fit into the SJ boards.

18. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I like how that gif is now popular in Mexico and Ohio.

19. Fox Terrier

Fox Terrier Red Card

Dec 3, 2011
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Marquez thinks he is Franz Beckenbauer taking all the Red Bulls free kicks & doing nothing with them. His own team is afraid of him. The problem is the Quakes have no clout in MLS. That is why no PK was called. You get clout by buying players to attract fans on tv. Quakes have continually been low budget & therefore are not considered worth anything by MLS officials & refs. Look at the PK Peter Nowak got for Philly. That was a gift. Quakes are lower than low budget. They are no budget. Money talks bull$h!t walks.

20. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Picture of a Mexican fan jerking off.

21. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Money talks, bull$hit walks? So, not spending money on past-their-prime prima donnas is "bullshit"?

22. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah I too hate it when there is no class amongst players....

[​IMG]

2 people repped this.
  23. Fox Terrier

Fox Terrier Red Card

Dec 3, 2011
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'm not saying Quakes are bad. Its just that MLS does not give out respect to low budget outfits. Look at the tv... Quakes used Red Bulls announcers to save money. Quakes need to send their people on the road & report directly to their fans. More bull$hit walking. The fans are not worth spending the money on.

24. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Oh wow I've never seen that...no class.

Can we get him thrown off the USMNT?

1 person likes this.
  25. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Future encounters against the US of A would be a walk on the park if he weren't on the team anymore.....:D