'Son la Hostia' E02 - No Saben Empatar :: The Other Teams' Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Carry on from Here ;)

Bayern unite Schweinsteiger brothers

They signed his older brother to play him for their reserve team? Will they ever play together? It will be interesting to see.

2. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I hate AS. But I always, masochistically I guess :D, read it. Alfredo Relaño(AS director), well I don't normally share his views, but today I share and understand where he's coming from:
    http://www.as.com/opinion/articulo/madrid-despues-mourinho/20120327dasdaiopi_1/Tes

3. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What is the significance of the thread title?

4. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    There was a leaked video from BarcaTV of Xavi saying that Real Madrid do not know how to lose "No saben perder". Evidently, they do not know how to draw either "No saben empatar" ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws9fJKL8JnI"]Xavi: "No saben perder" - YouTube[/ame]

5. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It sucks that LPB got Apoel, they already had to use a sub. Apoel's gonna be trying to keep the match 0-0 for as long as possible.

6. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Benzema with a miss for the ages! :D

7. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Both Benzema and Ronaldo looked at the ground after their misses. Field looks perfect to me...:rolleyes:

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ailton makes 3-4 Madrid defenders look like fools. Only stopped with a foul. :p

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    APOEL very well organized at the back. I think I've only seen 3 breakdowns in the back in the whole game.

11. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And LPB get their goal. We all knew that was coming.

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not really realistic to expect APOEL to have a chance even if they held on to a 0 x 0 today. But it's fun to see Madrid struggle specially when they probably expect to just roll over a team.

13. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Still time for a Apoel FK near the area in the final minutes. :D

14. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    A very belabored 0-3 for LPB. They were lucky Apoel gave them so much respect and had no gameplan other than to defend.

Still, LPB's legs look heavy and I can't wait til their visit to Osasuna...

15. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I watched Benfica-Chelsea. Benfica were denied a penalty around the 60th minute when an attempted cross struck Terry on the arm, both of which were raised shoulder level when the ball struck. A f---in' disgrace!
    I felt a 0-0 or 1-1 would have been a fair result overall.

16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Does anyone recall a duller Champions League day ever? There were some yawners on paper in the round of 16 last month, but they turned out okay (e.g. Basle beating Bayern, APOEL surprising Lyon, late dramatics for Marseille against Inter, etc.). Today had the potential to be dull and it lived up to it from the sound of it (I wouldn't be caught dead watching).

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nice way to work that reference in there. I wonder what Drogba really thinks about that call :p

Looks like Benfica had a couple of really good opportunities to score.

18. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I bet Chelski folks only remember the ones that didn't go their way, like a week ago when a Zabaleta shot hit Essien on the arm, ref called it, and Kun equalized from the spot.

It's kinda why I don't make such a big deal about the ones that don't go our way (e.g. at Espanyol this season, or Ballack at Stamford Bridge in '09), or that LPB get away with (Higuain at Valencia, Ramos vs. Betis). There's always going to be some we get away with too (Pique and Eto'o at Stamford Bridge).

I will maintain, though, that in the infamous Stamford Bridge game Ovrebo was at least consistent in his interpretation of the handball rule, always not calling unintentional ball-to-hand incidents. Did I say infamous? Oh, I meant awesome. :D

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wish FIFA would make that rule more clear. It's way too open for interpretation and is the reason why we have all of these conspiracy theories.
    Some commentators mention that it's a PK even if it's unintentional if your arm is in an unnatural position. I don't know where they get that from because I doubt that is in the rule book.

There is no way neither the ref nor the linesmen missed Terry's handball today. It was way too obvious. Therefore they interpreted it as being not intentional hand ball. But many other refs, as we've seen it, will give that PK every single time.

It's an easy to come up with a consistent rule for this because there are many different situations where a ball gets handled in the box. But FIFA should really try to do something about it. It would make a really good topic for discussion on these boards.

20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Agree. Way too much inconsistency and plain lack of clarity regarding the Law. I don't even know, for e.g. if the Pique hand-ball at Stamford Bridge is even supposed to be a penalty. Yes, it was obvious and his arm was extended from his body, but it was still "ball to hand".

21. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Good-ish fight from APOEL. It was always a matter of in which manner APOEL would lose the two-match battle (no disrespect intended, really) and they held to 0-0 over 70 mins or so. Together with Basel, Benfica, Marseille and whoever ends up winning the whole thing, they really had a great CL campaign. Respect! As for LPB, hard to say much. They dominated and deserved the 3-0 and a semifinal spot. Let's see what happens when the opponents get tougher.

22. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  23. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  24. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Jeez, I'm torn on these two La Liga v Bundesliga Europa League ties. I always root for clubs in both leagues (except them) to do well in Europe.
    If I had to choose I suppose I'd like the less fancied teams to advance, which would probably be Athletic Bilbao and Hannover.

Oh, Falcao puts Atletico ahead against Hannover. Well, I have Falcao captaining my fantasy team so... :eek:

25. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Llorente scrambles home a huge away goal in Gelsenkirchen.

EDIT:
    Blanco equalizes for Schalke a minute later.