Liverpool at The Arsenal Pre/During/Post Matchday Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TxTechGooner, Aug 17, 2011.

1. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know what? Fcuk 'pool. They have spent millions upon millions and, despite the scoreline, they didn't acquit themselves any better than Arsenal. They can have their money splashing ways who bring in the likes of Adam to start. Anyone who thinks this game signals a title challenge by them this season is out of their mind.

2. SaratogaGooner

Nov 23, 2009
    Clifton Park NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welll.......F! We should have done better. Pool is not good. Frimpong looks like a card waiting to happen at any moment. AW better calm him down if he plans on using him. Disappointing performance from MANY players. TV5 MOTM.

3. luvgunners

luvgunners Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Cornelius, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    2 games, 1 pts, 0 Goal!

We gotta do something...

4. rbooker

rbooker Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is nightmare stuff for Arsenal. To look at where we were in January and where we are now, it almost seems unimaginable. I just can't fault the effort by many of the players on the pitch today though. Vermaelen, Nasri, Miquel, Sagna, Jenkinson, they all made the best of a bad situation. The fact is, there is still a solid core of players at this club and, with the right signings in the next two weeks, a miserable start can be turned into a good season. We're still waiting Arsene...

5. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A chilling thought. What will our midfield be against ManU?

6. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    *sigh*

7. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude, why dont you go support Shitty or Chelski? They need you there.

8. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Eastmond, Lansbury, Ramsey.

9. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We weren't going to win there anyway.

10. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    where do you start?
    ok, the positives....
    vermaelen-excellent,
    szczesny-good, nasri-tried,
    sagna-did as requested on the wrong side,
    nasri-he put the effort in. can't fault that tbh.

the negatives....
    walcott-completely useless, considering he might be expected to step up, worst player on the pitch tbh.
    arshavin-tried more than walcott, but ultimately nothing happened for him,
    van persie-meh, isolated and anything that did come his way he did nothing with,
    bendtner-the usual rubbish

the kids.....hmm....bit of a mixed bag, probably more positives than negatives
    frimpong-surprised me with good play, didn't surprise me with 2 yellows,
    jenkinson-no complaints, did what was asked of him,
    miguel-no complaints, did what he could,
    lansbury-bit lethargic, possibly unsure whether he was to play dm or not?
    ramsey-people expect too much. he has a lot to learn yet.

ps. liverpool weren't even that good. we'll face harder from lower table teams.

11. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The only positive thing I can say is this result will show the board that they can't charge the most expensive football tickets in the world when they've got a second rate team like that on the pitch.

12. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    worst start for Arsenal in 42 years. Wenger has a lot to answer for. Shame the fans booed, but they are showing our frustration in a classless way. Arsene wenger and the ********ing useless board have royally ********ed this summer transfer window up. They've done nothing to address Arsenal's problems. And here we are in august a much weaker side than last year's.

13. Publius

Publius Member+

May 22, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is one game where the officials didn't do us in. Yea, the goal should have been flagged offside, but it was close enough that I don't bank on the AR being perfect in that situation.

Cruel result, but I put the blame on the front office for putting Arsenal in the position of having to field a Carling Cup side in a game like this.

14. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well, there's one thing can be taken from this. We're officially on our way to the Europa league, at best. That was the worst Wenger side I've ever seen. Too many inexperienced players, but hey guys they're all 'super quality'.................

I feel for the people who show up to the Emirates day in and out and were loud today. They don't deserve this. We're suppose to be one of the best footballing sides in the world but in all honesty we're nowhere near that. We don't have ANY AMBITION. We haven't had ambition in years. I'm sorry but saying we're fighting for titles while teenagers are the backbone of this squad is a joke. This club is being ran like a joke, some of the players we have are a joke and honestly Wenger is turning into a joke. Has been for years.

15. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    wilshere-nasri-ramsey

16. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Not only that we have the most expensive tickets in the premier league...

17. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    wonder when was the last time we started of the season with:

2 games played, ZERO goals.
    i'd love to know the total shots on goal in 2 games as well.

18. railhawksfan

railhawksfan Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Probably Rosicky, Ramsey and Lansbury.

19. SaratogaGooner

Nov 23, 2009
    Clifton Park NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sun is shining. Beautiful summer day here. I can't let these performances bother me anymore. I'm too young for high blood pressure and grey hair. Out to do yard work. Have a good day Gents.

20. railhawksfan

railhawksfan Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Why dont you shove it buddy? Who the fck are you anyway?

21. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    42 years apparently.

It wasn't just the lack of goals, but how toothless the front six looked going forward. The back four acquitted themselves well until the fluke goal. It's really the attacking department that is begging for a quality injection.

22. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Back at you!

23. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    That's exactly why I don't mind when I hear chants against Wenger and the board. THEY ARE THE CLUB. They don't deserve that. The board and Wenger are absolutely killing Arsenal. It was so sad to see today. A reserve team on the pitch because we have enough talent according to Wenger. It's a joke. I can't begin to take the board serious or even Wenger now when we are fielding the worst team in the last 15 years and are losing are best players. New stadium, psh. You're having a laugh.

24. railhawksfan

railhawksfan Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    RvP should get a bit more service. Everytime we were in a position to release him, Nasri played like a street footballer and wasted the balls. I would personally buy him a ticket to Manchester. Ramsey is not very good box to box. We need Wilshere back.

25. LAgooner05

LAgooner05 Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Orange County
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Positives
    TV5 is the mother effin man, our backline has looked solid with him in the line up and we didn't look like conceding. Miquel adjusted well and looked comfortable on the ball and made some pretty good choices. Frimpong has a lot of upside, but he needs games under his belt to gain some discipline. Too many 50/50's where he gambled and it ended up bitting him in the ass. Its a shame that first half yellow could have been prevented and... who am I kidding dude was bound to get a red in this game regardless. Szczesny owned his box, no nonsense attitude that we have lacked in a GK.

Negatives

Arshavin was... the worst player in the pitch by a long shot. Walcott can not beat his man if his life depended on it. Ramsey needs some help in the midfield. He tried to press but looked like a headless chicken for the most part, I cant remember him winning a single challenge. His first touch was heavy and his passes where either too long or not accurate enough.Wenger has been in the league for too long to even think that Frimmy had a shot to even finish the game. Terrible subs especially considering there is a mid-week game that involves quite a travel. After the 1st goal he should have said ******** it and put Ryo or AOC/ASQOC in to see what they can do.