Alert: Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by appoo, May 1, 2011.

1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Not really. Just got used to the fear that's all. Ask anyone that works (or worked) in the airline industry.

2. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL. Repped.

Edit: "you must spread some around, etc."

3. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can only hope it was a gay sailor.

4. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Very clever where they built that place.

5. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    A decent Mexican? That really is going to burst some bubbles.

6. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    As long as he was "pure" & wore gloves ...

7. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    The comments were meant for the over-zealous Obama fanboys who get a hard-on over nearly everything he does.

EDIT: Before I get flamed by said fanboys, I think he did a great job. He could of screwed this up in a lot of ways. He could of burned some bridges with Pakistan, agreed on the wrong method of kill, decided that the lead wasn't good etc.

8. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Spare me your bullshit. You can try, but you can't minimize this event or obama's role in it. Neither can the fat drug addled whiner.

9. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's the new Birtherism, y'all!

10. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Because there's no reason to waste money on him going to court, going to jail, creating controversy on Tribunal vs. Federal Court, and heck giving terrorist a huge freakin bullseye.

He's dead, it's over. Nice and clean.

11. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    I said new yorkers. I can't speak for flight attendants.

12. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [​IMG]

NY Times front page, before and after the Osama news. Farmed tilapia got bounced off the front page!

On a serious note, see the story about Pakistan on the "before" front page? Ironic or apropos?

13. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Really, were you here during that time? Because that's not at all what was happening. Certainly not my experience or the experience of anyone I know. People were on the subway in droves that very evening, going home from work.

You underestimate people.

14. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Actually, the farmed tilapia story was on the front page (on line) this morning. I know, because it's the first story I read.

15. dogface

dogface Let's Just Pretend

Jun 22, 2002
    St. Peter, MN
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm wondering what MasterShake will say now that it's been disclosed that Obama chose to send Special Ops in instead of bombing the compound? And it doesn't appear that any civilians were killed and no Americans were killed. Sounds like nice, clean work.

16. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Civilians were killed.

17. minerva

minerva Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no surprise I guess that Obama didn't give much credit to the Pakistani authorities in his speech.
    it really makes you wonder, are Pakistani authorities that incompetent, paralyzed by being infiltrated with al Queda sympathizers, or just plain liars?
    think about it - OBL was living in a compound in a city within 100 km of their capital!!
    and they didn't know?? I find that very hard to believe.

18. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    According to his Twitter stream @reallyvirtual, Sohaib Athar moved from Lahore, Pakistan to the resort town of Abbottabad to take a break from the rat race. It seems he didn’t move far enough. On Sunday, Athar found himself smack in the center of one of the year’s biggest news events.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs.../2011/05/02/AF4c9xXF_blog.html?wpisrc=nl_buzz

19. GiuseppeSignori

Jun 4, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, but I do remember feeling a bit jolted the first couple times we saw an airplane flying overhead while air traffic was still officially grounded.

20. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    Pakistan and Afghanistan would be doing much better if the DRUG WAR was over! The DRUG WAR!!!11

21. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    A big congratulations to President Obama for having the courage to make a very tough call and for having the good sense not to let the Pakistanis in on the mission. Well done! And thanks to the men of Seal Team Six for a carryin out the task despite some logistical malfunctions, the nation is eternally greatful. A great day for America!

Now we need to have a little talk with the Pakistanis.

Mod's note - removed term that may be considered offensive.

22. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    From Esquire.com

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/bin-laden-killed-5674519

23. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    It was fascinating reading the BBC live blog - throughout the entire day, the only real negative comments from readers concerning the outcome of this event were from the conspiracy theory crowd and the Pakistanis.

24. minerva

minerva Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can see Pakistan being a real problem.
    I think Afghanistan and Pakistan are inseparable in our fight with al Queda. the border is so porous that you cannot win one without winning the other.
    problem is that al Queda seems to have pretty well infiltrated the Pakistani government - you know, the government that possesses nuclear weapons. that's going to be a much tougher fight to win.

25. minerva

minerva Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can't say I blame the Pakistanis for their negative comments.
    this operation demonstrated in a rather stark manner just how incompetent and corrupt their government is. I mean they were already being humiliated by an ally flying drones and dropping bombs all over their country. now the a foreign power actually used ground troops to execute a military operation on their land without any apparent help or cooperation from their government. that's pretty humiliating. the US seems to be operating in their country as if it was their own.