Lee Chung-yong @ Bolton 2010-2011 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by GoYoungrokba, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  2. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    The Turn:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBwSwqr1MiU"]YouTube - 2010.11.06 ??? ?????[/ame]

3. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    LOL where can i see that at

edit: nvm

4. Koreafan

Koreafan Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I only saw the second half and he did well today. He was involved in many of the good chances in the second half. I wish he would try to run a bit more with the ball at his feet. He's a little bit too unselfish sometimes.

5. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah... about time to see him take on people.

I think part is his willingness to take on defenders, and the other is putting himself where he can get the ball in space... and his teammates delivering the ball.

But great to see him back on form in the 2nd half. Unclear why the whole team was out of it in the first.

7. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    :eek: place tongue back in mouth

that was effin sweeeet

8. COREANO

COREANO Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    damn..... literally fell asleep after the first half FML

9. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
  10. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Holy moly, Bolton's in 5th place right now! Haha, maybe they'll end up a CL team???

11. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The scary part is that they have a very winnable schedule going forward. I'm sure that they will find a way to flub it up, but I imagine the Bolton faithful are getting pretty excited about the season so far.

Hopefully LCY gets a few more cracks at the net before the break.

12. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Reps to Coyle :)

13. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Seriously. I can't believe this is pretty much the same team that blew leads all season long last year.

14. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, that was a brief stay at 5th ;)

15. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Heh, out of all the contenders for 5th we're one of the weakest in terms of squad versatility, calibre and depth. Not saying we shouldn't be aiming for it but 8th-10th will be a good effort in a very competitive middle table.

16. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Don't get too excited. Bolton won't get 5th... It'd be considered a major success for this season if they were at least 12th. However, I feel like they'll have a good run this year and get 8th or 9th. I feel like there will be surprises with Lee this season. I feel it coming...

17. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I agree...that was probably their best match this season yesterday. Before that they were drawing even almost every week. They need a few more yesterdays in order to convince me but it was a great sign nonetheless.

18. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    How amazing would a Europa League berth be, even if it came via the 6th/7th spot. You could consider it a massive overachievement, or rather Bolton returning to their European ways. :D

19. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    meh need another match or two to evaluate bolton. tottenham probably exhausted their squad with all the euro competitions.

20. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    I wonder how that would work out? I don't think they have the squad to handle all the matches.

Could turn out to be like a Fulham/outperform but most likely do a Everton or Aston Villa and woefully limp out of the competition.

21. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Am I wrong in thinking that the Europa League would bring additional revenue to Bolton a-la Champion's League? Considering that this season's success has been bought for basically next to nothing, I think the owner of the club would invest if European competition was on the plate for next season.

The club also has some potentially large transfer fees coming from the sale of Gary Cahill, if that happens. Considering that the 'price' for Cahill was around 17m pounds before the season even started, I would say the figure could be a bit higher come season's end.

22. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I read that they might offload Elmo to Fenerbache in January for £3M... If they did make it to a Europa League spot (still looks a bit difficult), I see them going out for more value buys. They still have debt and can't seem to sell out the Reebok...

Stu Holden has been an unbelievable signing considering he was on a free. LCY is going to make them at least an 800% profit one of these days too... Wouldn't be a bad idea for them to return to the golden pot to raid some U-21 talent from the US and Korea...

23. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Haha it must certainly be weighing on the mind of Coyle and Gartside, considering how swimmingly those two signings turned out. Holden has been absolutely massive in his first season (Dirty de Jong ended his season before it even got started last year), I'd say on par with the impact that LCY had in his first season.

BTW that fee for Elmander is based on the assumption that he isn't tied down to a new contract. It would really suck if Elmander decided not to re-sign with Bolton, at the least ensuring that the club got a nice transfer fee. After all, he's only been horrible the last couple of seasons, it's the least he could do for his employers.

Oh and I forgot to mention this before, but has anyone noticed how good LCY has gotten at knocking down headers for teammates? Must be taking some lessons from Kevin Davies! :D

edit:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11979_2705370,00.html
    Holden #1 in the EPL in the tackles category, followed by Muamba at #2! Not bad for an unknown dude who came on a free from a MLS team!

24. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    That or it's the Yong ramyun he's been promoting and eating. [Btw, has anyone gotten their hands on this??? I want to try it. Is it any good? Hope it packs some weight onto LCY!]

Btw, Holden's twitter page is a gem! Had the funniest pic of Kevin Davies in an ice tub after the match on it yesterday.

http://twitter.com/stuholden

25. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yay. ESPN3 action for Wednesday across Bolton and Man U. LCY is due.