Club Necaxa - IV [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Clubs' started by fdp, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    We got a 2-2 draw without actually scoring a goal. I don't know if that's good or bad.

2. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    own goals?

did jeff agoos come out of retirement and sign with Necaxa?

3. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
  4. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Next week's games are gonna be interesting. The top 4 teams play each other. #1 Leon vs. # 3 Pumas and #2 Tijuana vs. #4 Necaxa. And 2 points separate # 1 from # 4.

5. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    I wouldn't mind seeing Leon return to the 1st Division.

Ducks

I strongly believe that if Necaxa does not spend more than one season in the Liga de Ascenso, a return to the status quo will soon follow. The directivos will write it off a a bump in the road. Yet if we dwell in the Liga de Ascenso a few season longer a true hunger to return to the 1st division might occur or the directivos will cut their losses and sell the team to someone who actually cares. Either of the two scenarios is fine with me.

It took our team being relegated for the directivos to finally give us a proper website. Although not affiliated with esmasputo.com, it's an official website nonetheless. The directivos finally woke up and said we may lose fans now that we are in the Liga de Ascenso, lets give the fans something to remind them that their team is still out there. I honestly believe that if the team had not been relegated, there would be no such website.

6. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    I wish I had more confidence going into this weekend but I'm not expecting to come away with 3 points. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst I guess. We're at home though thankfully so perhaps we'll get a draw, which won't really help us. If we want the top spot this is a must win. 1st place still gets a bye first round, right?

7. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    As far as I know yeah. But I hear ya but at the same time, it's semana santa, a saturday game, so who knows what's going to happen.

8. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    Unfortunately I think the status quo is somethng were going to have to accept for now. I don't want the team changing hands because we're trying to be dumped. That won't do us any good because it'll then go to a cheaper bidder. I want someone to aggressively go in and make an offer for the team because they have aspirations to win the top division. Plus I think the longer a team stays down the harder it is for them to get back up, not to mention stay up. But with the way the team is playing you may get your wish.

9. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    the best thing that can happen to them is get sold. perhaps get purchased by the state for the time being and then sold the the highest bidder....

with Televisa as their owners, Necaxa will never be able to get a true fan base

10. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    We just came real close to a goal. Hit the post and the rebound attempt was saved. Had an earlier chance just moments before that. Looking ok so far. TVC Deportes isn't listing the time on the screen which is annoying me.

11. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    GOL NECAXA! Quattrocci bangs in a header from the corner kick. 1-0 in the 16th minute.

12. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    I leave the monitor for two minutes and Tijuana draws level. 1-1 25th minute on a header from a cross. I gotta stay put.

13. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    We're back up! Juan Hernandez with the goal after some nifty inside play. . 2-1 39th minute.

14. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    At halftime. Necaxa is up 2-1. Looking good so far. The result of their goal was from a bit of bad marking although the cross was nicely placed. Overall we had the better half and the scoreline is deserved.

15. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    Gol Tijuana. :( Another header from a cross similar to the first goal we gave up but on a shorter scale. Necaxa came back with two close chances after that but no luck.

16. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    Wow, that was close. Tijuana hits the post. Much closer second half. Both teams have had opportunities and I'd say it's roughly even. 74th minute still 2-2

17. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    Tijuana is getting really close. Double post. 77th minute

18. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    GOOOOOOL NECAXA!!!!!!!! 80th minute!!!!! 3-2. This is a good game.

19. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    That's it! FT Necaxa 3-2 Tijuana

We're back on top! Now let's hope Leon and Pumas Morelos draw so we stay there. :) Overall a good game and a good win. Crowd was doing oles at the end as they were trying to kill time.

20. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    Leon jumped ahead of Pumas Morelos. 1-0 in the 34th minute. That crowd at Leon is nuts.

21. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    Nice. Tied up in the 41st. 1-1.

22. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    what channel you watching all this on Coster?

23. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    I was watching the USTREAM site that is linked on necaxafutbol.com. They had the Leon game on afterward but I went to grab some food at the half and when I came back the feed was off. Trying to find it again.

24. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
  25. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    Leon scores in injury time. :(