Hillsborough: Twenty Year Remembrance

Discussion in 'Liverpool FC History' started by oojason, Oct 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raftastic

Raftastic New Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Liverpool
    Open letter -Tim Vickery to WSD

Sorry MODS if there is allready a thread concerning StephenCohen and his sladerous lies please feel free to move this (i do feel that it is a stand alone post though)

Sent to WSD by Tim Vickery

I feel the need to put this out in the open under Tims instruction,please don't turn this into a flaming thread allthough the question has to be asked as to why Steve decided not to publish this letter on the WSD site especially when you take into consideration Tim specifically asked him to and the fact that Tim is one of Steves top contibutors and the fact Tim pads out Mr.Cohens show all for the pricely sum of nothing.

2. Raftastic

Raftastic New Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Liverpool
    Re: Open letter -Tim Vickery to WSD

WoodYinCu over on the WSD bigsoccer forum has just pointed out that Mr.Cohen has now posted the letter half way down his frontpage,it's just a shame that it took Tims placing the letter into the public domain to force the WSD folks to acknowledge that said letter existed.

Tankyou Tim Vickery.

3. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks for posting the letter!

Maybe the mods can move this into the Hillsborough thread. I have always liked reading Vickery's columns.

4. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LFC Legends Ready To Play In Memorial Match
    Rush Backing Hillsborough Match
    Shearer Signs For All-Stars
    Marina Dalglish - Memorial Match Is For The Families
    Kenny Signs Up Gerrard At Melwood Trip
    RUSH - Playing At Anfield Again Is A Real Buzz

5. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

According to the Bill Archer blog on BS, a number of WSD sponsors are pulling their sponsorships. This includes FourRFourTwo magazine, World Soccer Shop, and Fado's Pub.

Setanta may also join the boycott of the turd sandwich that goes by the name of Steven Cohen.

6. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Link?

7. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dalglish On Target As Legends Triumph
    [​IMG]

9. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Lawro - Kopites Are Sensational
    King Kenny - Thank You Merseyside

10. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast

Thanks for keeping on updating this thread, I feel that it's important to keep what is giing on fresh.
    As to the "Cohen Affair" Seems Mr Cohen has painted himself into a corner that he can't back out of. I for one would like to see this person out of this job, Surely there are better and more informed people who can do this without the small minded insults.

What was disturbing was the few people who responded as if this was some some of UK/US war and a few Brits (Liverpool fans) were picking on Cohen and that he had "a right to his opinion"
    It's not an opinion folks, it's the truth vs the spreading of lies.

We on our board have a great mix of posters from all over the football world and have a lot respect for each other. The silly eurosnob and Uncle Sams Idiots name calling can stay on the other boards.

11. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That sentence says it all. It's the essence of the fight for the truth and justice for the 96.

Cohen is undoubtedly going down (figuratively to hell, literally out of a job). He is refusing to back down. His program is losing sponsorships and listeners because he is an idiotic and indecent person.

12. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

BARRETT - Play Your Part And Support Hillsborough Justice Campaign

13. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    From Brian Glanville in his monthly column in World Soccer -

"Titter ye not!" as Frankie Howerd would say. The ineffable home secretary Jacqui Smith, emerging from the cupboard in her sister's house, and her own residence, has at last done something decent: she has ordered the release, 10 years in advance, of the hitherto secret documents on the Hillsborough disaster of 20 years ago.

How strongly one sympathised with the thousands who thronged to Anfield to commemorate, if that is the word, the occurence of a surely avoidable disaster.

No, I wasn't there that day. The Sunday Times had assigned me to the other semi-final, at Villa Park. But, I am sure like countless others, I was haunted and emotionally overwhelmed by the cruel horror of it all - above all, four days later at San Siro, in the minutes before a European Cup game, when the ranks of the Milan supporters nobly sang You'll Never Walk Alone. It was impossible not to break down.

That the police failed the Liverpool supporters, and later compounded this with their vile attempt to tarnish them, is beyond doubt. But, for me, it is surprising to note that one truly salient point about it all has seemingly been neglected. That is to say, why was the inept Chief Superintendent David Duckenfield - who "froze" in the damning words of Lord Justice Taylor in his report - ever put in charge at all?

That he made a terrible fiasco of the job, that he opened an entrance which should always have been kept closed, is beyond dispute. Yet surely one needs to go one above him; to the officer responsible for appointing him, inexperienced as he was in such matters, in the first place. This, as reported at the time, because there had been some embarrassing horseplay in the Sheffield force, for which the officer in charge of the corresponding semi-final a year earlier, between the same two teams, had been guilty and suspended from his projected role in charge at Hillsborough.

Perhaps we shall at last know more about this when those pages are revealed. Let us hope this revelation will do a little to assuage the dreadful pain of those who lost loved ones at the disaster.

14. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

May 20, 1989

Liverpool dedicated their fourth FA Cup final triumph to those who lost their lives in the Hillsborough disaster after seeing off Everton in a five-goal thriller at Wembley on this day in 1989.

The Reds had barely come to terms with the tragic events of five weeks earlier when they ran out at Wembley hoping to repeat the 1986 success that saw them defeat the Blues to lift the Cup.

It was an emotional occasion and they got off to the best possible start when John Aldridge marked his 100th game for the club with a goal after just four minutes.

It looked like being the match-winning strike until substitute Stuart McCall levelled late on to take the game into extra-time.

Reds sub Ian Rush then put Liverpool ahead before McCall hit his second of the match to make it 2-2 and become the first player to come off the bench and score a brace in an FA Cup final.

But Rush wasn't to be outdone and he fired in his second of the match on 103 minutes to clinch an epic 3-2aet win for the Reds.

[​IMG]

15. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I hate to keep bringing up the douche bag, media whore Cohen, but there is an official statement from the club.

Reds Condemn Hillsborough Radio Lies

16. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

While I do watch Fox Football Fone-in and occasionally listen to World Football Daily, I find Cohen's stance on Hillsborough to be quite delusional and uninformed. I was unaware of his original comments made in '06 (I was in England at the time) only until recently. He has a knack for shooting his mouth off, but he put a grenade in it and now it's exploding. Can he not rise above his hatred of LFC and see things as they were? While I loathe Scum Utd, I would never make any jokes about the '58 plane crash. I do believe in freedom of speech, but I also believe that there are enough right-minded people out there who will tune out his delusions, and he'll be forced to eventually go away like most nutters do. If there was one redeeming quality about him, it was his attacks against his fav club Chelski which I found hilarious and spot on. However, until he retracts his statements about Hillsborough, I will tune him out.

17. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

HEY! Don't bring us into this... we think the guy's a total knob-head as well.

The point about Hillsborough and the lies that were told is that they're an attack on ALL football supporters. Don't forget, after Heysel it wasn't just Liverpool that were banned and it wouldn't have made any difference if it was Chelsea, manU or any other football supporters that died on that day. 'The Scum' would have printed lies about it and arseholes like this Cohen idiot would have been spewing their bile so as far as I'm concerned it's very much an issue of the 'football family' having to stick together on these things.

18. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Perfectly stated. You are a gentleman and a scholar. Poor choice of football team though:D

19. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Nobody's perfect! Well, except Frank Lampard, obviously ;)

I keeed, I keeed :D

20. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If you are selling eel pies!:D

(as in "who ate all the ....")

21. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

http://www.epltalk.com/steven-cohen-blames-liverpool-fans-for-hillsborough-disaster/5915

22. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think it's so huge that the club came out with a statement.

and not to stop being an ass - Cohen started his program yesterday on WSD with an "oooohhh look, now we are infamous, look LFC has made a statement". He immediately tried to turn the story around and claim that he hoped LFC would check into the death threats (none were ever made), the anti-semtic comments (again none were ever made) and the emails of hate (he claims he has them but wont produce them) against him.

23. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Good work by the club for putting a foot on it.

24. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia