Die Fohlen sind wieder da - Borussia M'gladbach season 2008/2009 thread II [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Hendrik, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    continue

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree CZ is as responsible for putting this squad together,and perhaps should have been fire B4 JL!

3. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    well guys hope the last thread was the one bringing u bad luck and now with this new one u start winning..! :)

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well thats a shame,thats another player i think that fights for us on the field!
    According to hans meyer..seems like we fought hard against frankfurt,and we just couldnt get results..ok so prhaps from a technical stand-point we suck..which is still terrible,but i still agree that our physical performance drops massively in the second half on a regular basis...i really hope we can get roberto back in the game ASAP!

5. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You didn't see the DFB-Pokal game in Cottbus...

Unfortunately, Rösler was a disappointment in the few games he played this season. He's simply too slow and technically limited for the 1st league ... so he isn't the right player for the offensive midfield (maybe we should use him as a striker, how it was the case during his time in Fürth).

Yep, that's a good idea. ;)

Don't forget that the club managers often sign players the team managers want. If you think it was Ziege alone who put this squad together, you're wrong.

Both, Christian Ziege & Jos Luhukay obviously overestimated the guys and thought they would do as well as Karlsruhe the season before. Therefore they didn't sign expensive players (well, you rarely can afford that as a just promoted club) but only 3-4 additions of decent quality (Jaures is CL experienced, Alberman was the best player in Israel, Callsen-Bracker got some BL & international experience with Leverkusen, whereas Matmour was one of the best 2nd league players). I still don't think that our midfield & attack are worse than those of a few other teams ... the problem is that most players lack any 1. BL experience and obviously need some time to adjust. However, the defence is clearly our weakness ... especially both FB positions! Luhukay & Ziege have to take responsibility for not signing a decent RB, despite many warnings that Levels & Schachten (who's always injured) don't have enough quality for the 1st league. And instead of signing Jaures (who had huge problems to adjust and is mostly injured), they should have given the LB position to Daems and bought a quality defender for the CB position! Well, and then there's the bad luck with our best defender Steve Gohouri (who's been injured for almost all games so far)...

Christian Ziege surely has to take some responsibility ... but not as much as Jos Luhukay in my eyes, since the team manager gets the players he wants and is responsible for the training, tactics & physical shape (which apparently isn't the best)!

There seem to be many deficits at the moment, so Hans Meyer needs some time (especially in the winter preparation) and the fans some patience. I still don't believe that we're as bad as it looks so far ... because we simply wouldn't have been able to play that well against Werder Bremen if there wasn't enough quality within the squad! It looks like the main problem is the lack of confidence when we concede a goal (look at the Bochum, Wolfsburg and Frankfurt games, when we played pretty well until we conceded the 1st goal) ... and of course the individual mistakes that lead to avoidable goals.

So far about this little excursion.

PS: After Rob Friend missed so many top chances at Borussia-Park lately (I still don't understand why he tried to stop that perfect cross from Marin in the last minute), it's time to give a chance to Roberto Colautti (who's got fit for a longer time now) ... or play them together.

6. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here's the player ratings from the Frankfurt home game:

Kicker

Gospodarek (3) - Levels (3,5), Paauwe (4), Daems (4), Voigt (4) - Alberman (5), Svärd (5) - Marin (3), Baumjohann (5), Matmour (4) - Friend (5,5)

Bradley: 4
    Neuville: -
    van den Bergh: -

Torfabrik

http://torfabrik.de/profis/borussia/datum/2008/11/04/der-harte-boden-der-tatsachen.html

Gospodarek (3,5) - Levels (3,5), Paauwe (3), Daems (4), Voigt (4) - Alberman (4,5), Svärd (4,5) - Marin (2), Baumjohann (4,5), Matmour (4,5) - Friend (4,5)

Bradley: -
    Neuville: -
    van den Bergh: -

My own rating:

Gospodarek (3,5) - Levels (3,5), Paauwe (4), Daems (4), Voigt (4) - Alberman (4), Svärd (5) - Marin (2,5), Baumjohann (4), Matmour (4) - Friend (4,5)

Bradley: 4
    Neuville: 4,5
    van den Bergh: 4

7. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Not very surprising: We are looking for a new keeper, and perhaps found one in Belgium, Logan Bailly from Racing Genk.
    http://test.spadmin.be/nl/nieuws/lees/2008-11-04/monchengladbach-informeert-naar-bailly
    "Logan Bailly could already change to the Bundesliga in winter. Voetbalkrant.com heard from reliable sources that Borussia Mönchengladbach is interested in the keeper of Racing Genk.

It was manager Hans Meyer who scouted him in the game between Racing Genk and Standard. The 22 years old keeper kept a clean sheet, and Meyer went back home with a positive report. The german club already contacted Bailly's agent to start negotiations."

8. Luckie

Luckie New Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Moenchengladbach
    http://www.football.co.uk/valencia/hildebrand_leaves_valencia_273185.shtml

For the english speaking supporters.

9. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
  10. Luckie

Luckie New Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Moenchengladbach
  11. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I really do not understand why we're looking for a new keeper ... since Heime did a pretty solid job so far (except for the Stuttgart match & the mistake against Cologne)!

And I highly doubt that a new keeper - who doesn't even speak German - would be able to stabilize our shaky defence within a short period of time.

@ Luckie

Please forget Hildebrand.

12. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, all 3 players didn't play a role under Jos Luhukay either. However, that they aren't within the team any longer, is pretty surprising...

Do you think they are that bad at training / have a bad physical shape?

Touma was such a promising signing last season (one of the best Twente players 2 years ago) ... so I simply don't check why he couldn't make his way in Mönchengladbach! :confused: I thought he'd get a fair chance under Hans Meyer, especially as he fits perfectly in a 4:3:3 ... but now it seems that there was a reason for Jos Luhukay not to bring him.

Why did Ziege & Luhukay sign him then???

And what happens if all 3 players don't want to leave us in the winter break? Why did all three get a 3-years contract last season?

In the meanwhile, I start doubting more & more decisions made by Christian and Jos...

13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well it was obvious something is going on with Touma & the club..too bad i still think he could have been great for us,and Coulibaly as well!

Am not sure how a club like BORUSSIA,or how a player such as CZ..had no idea what level of performance..or better say what min level of performance is neeed in order for a player & Club to survive in the 1.liga?? If anyone CZ should know,and if any organization...its Borussia,simply it is not acceptable ..we cant do the same god damn mistake over and over and over...we are getting screwed exactly the same way we got screwed few years back...thats why i always say things have to change from the foundation..and believing in our tradition,its not living in the past Uwe..its just simply raising the bar higher..and not expecting anything less.
    We have been struggling in the bottom of the table for how many years now?? and already been relegated twice..its really time to pull our socks up! or just simply close borussia park and run a basketball team perhaps! But you cant continue being mediocre and hoping to sign players that may perform or may not...am not getting payed millions of euros to manage gladbach or play for gladbach,but those who are getting payed should deliver or get the ******** out..and leave it to people that can..am sick and tired of experimenting between players till its too late and we are fighting relegation....this is why i always say we should remember the roots of this club and understand our tradition..and this club is not a science project for unexperienced people to experiment over!

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hans Meyer drops three
    Head coach Hans Meyer has axed players Sascha Rösler, Soumaila Coulibaly and Sharbel Touma from Borussia Mönchengladbach's Bundesliga squad.

All three will either train with the reserves or individually from now on.

"A small group of players"

"We spoke with all three players and informed them that they're no longer part of our plans. They're now informed about their situation and can start to look for a new club", sporting director Max Eberl commented.

"In our difficult situation it's necessary that we don't continue to work with players who are dissatisfied with their situation. I'd rather work with a small group of players in the weeks to come, guaranteeing an ideal preparation", Meyer explained.

Source: Borussia Mönchengladbach
    :eek:

15. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Interesting interview with Rainer Bonhof (who has just been fired as Chelski scout and will hopefully get a job at Borussia-Park now) in German:

CLICK

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lets hope our legend has more luck as a scout than he had as a coach for borussia ;)

www.fotobahn.com

17. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Rösler, Coulibaly and Touma were suspended because we had too many players; now Paauwe has muscular problems, and could be replaced by youth player Tony Jantschke in the Bielefeld game. Great idea. Oliver Stang and Christian Dorda are also on the bench.:confused:
    Injured: Jaures (LB), Voigt (LB), Kleine (CB), Callsen-Bracker (CB), Gohouri (CB/RB), Svärd (DM/RB), maybe Paauwe (DM/CB)...

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well thats just 'EXCELLENT" quality of our squad which is sitting on the bench is bay far more impressive than the one we send into the game,and its even getting better from week to week!

These players seem more like women than men:mad:

www.fotobahn.com

19. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    The report at transfermarkt.de seems to indicate that it is a bit more than having too many players. They are being sent to the U23 and are being told they are "no longer in the team's plans." Seems they were complaining about playing time or something. That is a lot of talent to have on the U23 team whose contracts don't run out until 2010. is BMG seriously going to do this? Or are they hoping some deperate 2.BL teams pony up $$ for them during the break?:confused:

The German fans on the 1860 board are saying that we should go after them. ROFL, like we have the money or NEED any more head-cases.:D

20. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It seems so. But I doubt we'll get any cash for them...

Touma won't go to the 2nd league (I bet on this) ... and there are rumours that Rösler is going to move back to Aachen (he & his wife are living there).

21. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The 3 suspended players are offensive players, so none of them would be able to replace Pauuwe (that was more than obvious in Hanover and Cottbus). It really sucks if Pauuwe will be out as well for the very important away game in Bielefeld ... but there's no time to complain.

I don't think that Tony Jantschke ( http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/spieler/47587/tony-jantschke/profil.html ), who's a great talent, will replace him if Hans Meyer should have intended to field Pauuwe in the defence again (as happened against Wolfsburg & Frankfurt). Brouwers & Daems will be the 1 choice as CB's in my eyes...

This game is incredibly important, and we simply can't afford a defeat (as it was the case before Bochum as well)! If we lose, we'd have a 4 points lag to Bielefeld ... and then we're facing Bayern and Schalke.

We won our last 2 BL matches at Schüco-Arena (it also was our last 1st league away win)...

http://www.fussballdaten.de/vereine/borussiamoenchengladbach/arminiabielefeld

... but the fact that they are without a win since 6 games now, quite worries me (especially, concerning our current injury misery and knowing about our "quality" of a sparring partner for teams in a crisis).

Btw: Here's the press-conference.

CLICK

Gute N8

22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Its such a treat to watch hans meyers interview,love his humor and attitude..what a true beauty he is..i really hope things eventually work out well and we can have meyer at borussia for a very long time...and let the man lay a solid foundation!

I have a feeling cola would play this week:rolleyes:

www.fotobahn.com

23. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Yeah, well the German 1860 fans think any player with a pulse will play in the 2.BL. I am amused at watching them talk about who we should sign when 1) we have no money, and 2) have no realistic chance of promotion.:cool:

24. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Really? Well, I wouldn't mind...

Btw: Did you know that Bielefeld's manager is our former player Michael Frontzeck, who was Meyer's assistent at Bökelberg (they still have a very good relationship)?

http://http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussball/bundesliga/vereine/gladbach/2008/11/07/lehrling-michael-frontzeck/fordert-meister-hans-meyer.html

Dear Michael, please don't forget your roots and please gift us the vital 3 points! ;)