Die Fohlen sind wieder da - Borussia M'gladbach season 2008/2009 thread

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Borussia, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And last but not least,i think Kleine is getting better with every game..really like his work in the pack field:)

2. Luckie

Luckie New Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Moenchengladbach
  3. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd have rated him with a 2 as well ... unfortunately he had a few easy turnovers in the own half which led to dangerous situations for the opponent, though. Sometimes he becomes a little bit hectic, that's what he has to work on.

Zorro doesn't feel any pain... :)))

[​IMG]

... so I expect him to play on Tuesday.

4. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

Borussia labour to victory over Karlsruhe

Patrick Paauwe's 51st minute goal saw Borussia to a 1-0 win over Karlsruhe on Matchday 9, their second success of the season.

more:
    CLICK

And finally a nice Hans Meyer pic for your desktop, dear Naz.

[​IMG]

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4356/hansmeyerua7.jpg

5. Luckie

Luckie New Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Moenchengladbach
    No tickets for LFC vs. Bolton for the friendship tour. Maybe another EPL match during the tour, but Graham from LFC will organisation the party in Liverpool. Start day is the second chrismas day.

6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Am pretty worried about our game against the WOLVES!!! its on the road against a strong team that sustained a heavy defeat this week,i hope meyer has some brilliant ideas for this game or its going to get ugly...:eek:

7. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

A crucial victory

A look at the table shows just how important the three points against Karlsruhe were for Borussia. For the win puts them in touch with the teams above them in lower mid-table.

more:
    CLICK

Btw: Any idea what place this could be?

[​IMG]

8. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    It's a pity...

The roster for Wolfsburg:
    Christofer Heimeroth, Frederic Löhe, Filip Daems, Roel Brouwers, Alexander Voigt, Thomas Kleine, Tobias Levels, Sebastian Svärd, Marko Marin, Patrick Paauwe, Gal Alberman, Marcel Ndjeng, Michael Bradley, Johannes van den Bergh, Roberto Colautti, Rob Friend, Oliver Neuville, Karim Matmour
    Gospodarek at home with hamstring problems, so Heimeroth back in the goal. It seems that Marin will take place on the bench, with van den Bergh replacing him on the wing. Sounds like a tough fight, no time for cultured football...

9. FCMN

FCMN New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Israel/Canada
    Club:
    Maccabi Netanya FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Hey Borussia fans, seems like your team playing against us on December 14 (Friendly match) in Israel. It will be honored to see a big club like M'gladbach in here. I'll be there for sure :)

10. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    This is new to me, there is nothing in the german media yet. How did you get that information?
    It sounds quite realistic. There is a historic connection between Gladbach and Israel. Borussia was the first german club to play in Israel and the first Bundesliga team with a player from Israel, Shmuel Rosenthal in the seventies; now we have even two. The club's president Königs also talked about the reactivation of that israeli connection in summer, when we signed Gal Alberman (very good player!). Your manager Lothar Matthäus started his career in Gladbach. I am looking forward to it!

11. SpursGlory

SpursGlory Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Seattle Sounders FC
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks. I always liked Ziege when he was at Spurs... good player just plagued by injuries. Not sure if he's been doing that well for BMG as football director though... he seems a little unsure but that's just my perception without all the details. I hate the fact that FSC doesn't carry Bundesliga games anymore... my favorite league to watch next to the EPL.

Hopefully both clubs will get back to the top and winning ways in Europe... it's loooong overdue.

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Btw: Any idea what place this could be?

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

Its Bokelberg,or whats left of it at least!

I dont like Heimeroth in the goal,is the information regarding the line-up solid??and with marin on the bench..we need more than just good luck..wolfies are starving for a win this week!:eek:

13. CanuckFan

CanuckFan Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Bild had a story that Friend will no longer play for Canada while Canada has its current coach.

So Friend will definitely remain in 'Gladbach in mid-November when Canada has the last of its WCQ matches (vs Jamaica).

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Its makes total sense,watched a few games..when friend was playing for canada...for some reason..he looked heavy and not motivated to give it his 100%..i wondered why,prolly something was going on..inside stuff..shame canada cant take advantage of players like friend..but living in canada and knowing a thing or two..am not surprised..well at least he can be ready for GLADBACH!

www.fotobahn.com

15. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wow, how did you get that?

It's really sad to see what happened to such a historic ground.

[​IMG]

http://gone-but-not-forgotten.de/

16. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is that really true? Can you provide us with a link?

Would be a good idea to play that friendly.

He isn't football director anymore but Hans Meyer's assistant coach now.

He did a good job after our relegation, getting us immediately back to the 1st league (together with Jos Luhukay).

Btw: Congrats on the crucial home win over Bolton!

17. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    CLICK

It would be bad for Canada, but surely not that bad for us.

What problems does Rob have with your recent coach?

18. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here's the "Kicker" and "Torfabrik" player ratings from the KSC game:

"Kicker" :

Gospodarek (2,5) - Svärd (5), Kleine (3,5), Daems (3,5), Voigt (4) - Alberman (3), Paauwe (2,5) - Matmour (4), Bradley (4,5), Marin (3,5) - Friend (3)

"Torfabrik" :

http://torfabrik.de/profis/borussia/datum/2008/10/27/fussball-gearbeitet.html

Gospodarek (3,5) - Svärd (4,5), Kleine (4,0), Daems (3,0), Voigt (3,0) - Alberman (2,5), Paauwe (3,0) - Matmour (3,5), Bradley (4,0), Marin (3,5) - Friend (2,5)

19. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's really a pity for Uwe Gospodarek. But Heime surely isn't worse (let's hope he's recovered from the Cologne mistake)...

OMG, is Hans going to use the same tactics as Jos did in Hamburg? I'd prefer JvdB as LB behind Marin...

It seems that HM is doing the same he did in Nürnberg when he started there: stabilize the defence and get as many points as possible before the winter break ... then starting to play offensive football in the "Rückrunde" after a good preparation.

Btw: Touma & Baumjohann aren't in the squad once again. New manager - and they still don't play a role. Are they really that bad at training? :confused: I really wonder why we signed Touma...

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dear UWE

its me you talking to,a walking GLADBACH history book...its in my blood,so u better throw harder questions at me..hahahah,yes totally agree...something about bokelberg...it was cultic and mythical,very sad its gone..not sure why couldnt they just keep it..with some added features and renovations! it was a scary place for most teams to survive agains us.BTW that one nice poto of hans meyer...he looks like a PANZER commander..getting ready for battle! lets see how he prepares us against wolfsburg...that one tough game:rolleyes:

21. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

Gospodarek to miss Wolfsburg trip

Borussia are without six injured players for tomorrow's away fixture at VfL Wolfsburg. The 18-man squad left Düsseldorf for Wolfsburg by train today.

more:
    CLICK

Here's the whole press-conference before the Wolfsburg match:

CLICK

We are the clear outsiders tonight, since everybody expects a defeat ... so this is also a good chance to make the surprise if we play with courage and great passion!

Auf geht's, Jungs!!!

Gute N8

22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ok guys..as per usual please post the link for the game..am already restless and worried! would be such a state of euphoria to beat them..but its not likely,unless..everybody fights and give it their 110% b/c we sure have the talent!:eek:

23. FCMN

FCMN New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Israel/Canada
    Club:
    Maccabi Netanya FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    It's on our official website in Hebrew. I'm sure they're going to translate it soon. It's only a friendly match, that's why it doesn't really get much attention. We were suppose to have the match against Schalke 04, but mattheus requested M'gladbach, since he's really connected to your club.

24. FCMN

FCMN New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Israel/Canada
    Club:
    Maccabi Netanya FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    As half Canadian I don't understand, why wouldn't he play for Canada's national team?? That's ashame because we can really use his skills...

25. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ok Foals

Anyone up to posting their prediction over todays game against the wolves??

Mine is crazy,but i like crazy,id say Gladbach 2-1 Wolfsburg:)