Radamel Falcao garcia (r) part V

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by MrPaisa, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Radamel Falcao Garcia (r) Part IV

Volviendo al tema Falcao....Pepino tiene mucha razon, Sivori tiene que apagar su maquina de humo e irse a trabajar! Falcao viene de un ano fuerte, y esta en gran momento para emigrar.

Sivori le tiene que encontrar un equipo donde pueda triunfar y seguir desarrollando como jugador.

2. k1000o

k1000o New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bogota

is it so hard to imagine that he could join a team where he might not be the main striker.....being the new striker usually means precisely that, second fiddle....im sorry that you take this so personal......

now, falcao is an expensive player and any club able to afford a player like falcao naturally can afford other players of the same price....some of these players will have already been at the club for one or more years and given that all clubs need more than one striker, this would necessarily mean that falcao would be second choice until he adapts and if he adapts

i know arsenal is not a midtable team, but eduardo is an excellent example of what i am claiming where a player has a record of 83 goals in 126 games before coming to a western european side and yet is nothing more than a sub at that side

how about we say falcao goes to tottenham hotspurs, currently 11th in the english premier league....do you really think that if they do not sell berbatov that falcao would be anything more than his second fiddle??

it is only natural

.secondly, when you claim things like "you pressume this" in regards to my claims you are, indeed, making an analysis of my claims....so, if you were to say, as you say, "in plain english," that i pressume this or that, you at once take an idea of what you think i said and re-interpret it, which, to be correct, you need evidence, i.e. find a quote of mine to back up what you are "pressuming" about me or else what you claim to be my thoughts is in fact your own shortcoming

3. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Ha! The only person taking this personally is the one who declares (again in plain english) that he is being analyzed. I don't know why you've descended into making personal judgments - I specifically had distinguished in my last post that I was criticizing your argument and not you to make this distinction.

I'm not re-interpreting anything. When you say that a player will be 'second fiddle' at 'any' side he goes to - you're using non-ambiguous words to make what I think is a silly claim. Not EVERY team in Europe would use Falcao as a back up and not every team in Europe has a striker superior to Falcao (which would imply him being someone's second fiddle). There is a difference between taking a term 'personally' and taking it for what it actually means.

And again, your examples just don't support your point. Eduardo, in his first season at Arsenal, got major playing time and a lot of folks (me included) attribute some of Arsenal's late season decline to the absence of the scoring threat he provided to the side. He had a terrific impact of in the prem in his first full season.

4. EstebanLugo

EstebanLugo Member

Mar 18, 2007
    N of your DB
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  5. k1000o

k1000o New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bogota
  6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

i tink that he is very similar to raul, because they both can play as "9" or as second top, and they both are very braves..............for sivori´s mind, falcao´s future is only in juventus, madrid and man red, according to his lasts interviews

7. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

ah la verdad ese post q me quote iba pa el foro del real madrid, pero la embarre y ya lo edito pero parece q fue demasiado tarde :p

9. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

El Sivori esta empujando esto muchisimo en los medios no? Ojala que esta estrategia le de resultados...

Ole tiene una nueva entrevista con Falcao esta manana:

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2008/06/29/futbollocal/01704276.html

El hombre de la fe

Radamel Falcao celebró la continuidad de Ortega y la mediación de Aguilar: "Estoy contento, seguro va a servir para que sigamos consiguiendo cosas .

EL DELANTERO DIJO QUE NO TIENE OFERTAS PARA IRSE DE RIVER.

Hombre de fe, predicador de la palabra de Dios, Radamel Falcao García es de esos tipos que le encuentran el lado positivo a toda crisis, a cualquier malestar. En pleno bajón futbolístico del equipo, tras la derrota en el superclásico y la eliminación de la Copa Libertadores, el delantero se mostraba "confiado" en poder "hacernos más fuertes en las malas". El tiempo, la inmediatez, le permitió encontrar en la vuelta olímpica todo el eco de sus palabras. Ahora, con otra turbulencia producto de la movida semana que vivió el club por la posible salida de Ortega, el colombiano se mostró feliz por el principio de acuerdo entre ídolo y presidente, por la mediación de José María Aguilar, por la continuidad del Burrito, por la tolerancia del Cholo Simeone. "Estoy contento por esta nueva unión, que seguramente va a servir para seguir creciendo, consiguiendo cosas", aseguró.

"Sabemos que todos son importantes, todos los que estuvimos dentro del plantel colaboramos para conseguir el torneo", analizó el Tigre en declaraciones a Dos de Punta, reflejando que en la pluralidad de opiniones y singularidad de objetivo estuvo la clave del campeón argentino: "El grupo se lo merecía. Y ganar el torneo es muy meritorio, porque hacía mucho que no lo lográbamos".

Falcao es uno de los jugadores de mayor valor del club, y por eso uno de los que mayor interés suscita en los clubes europeos. En las últimas semanas, el Porto de Portugal se sumó a la lista de probables destinos del delantero. ¿Se irá? "Ofertas, que yo sepa, no han llegado. Así que por ahora sigo en River", confió. El año pasado, el club rechazó ofrecimientos de La Coruña y Fluminense. El que lo quiera, tendrá que caer con una fortuna. Consciente de que se lleva goles. Y mucha fe.

10. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I can see the comparison to Raul, though I think Raul relies a little more on grace than Falcao whose game (I think) relies a bit more on explosiveness. I think Falcao, right now, is probably a little more similar to Fernando Torres than Raul, but either comparison flatters him (today) if we're honest!

I do hope this is more of a PR strategy from Sivori to get Falcao's name floated a bit more, because I think Madrid and Man U are stacked at the striker position and he'd have a really uphill battle to get some PT. At Juve, depending how things move this window, he could potentially see an opening...

Where I'd love for him to be linked is Arsenal because I think their style of play would sync nicely with what he's gotten used to playing at River, and Arsene Wenger is a brilliant teacher as well as manager. He's done wonders to make Adebayor more well rounded (I think his skill on the ball has grown remarkably since moving from France) and his conversion of Henry from winger at Juve to centreforward in London speaks for itself.

I just hope that Sivori is thinking not just about the payday, but the longer term career development needs that Falcao has as he is making these decisions.

11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I would love love love for Falcao to go to Valencia as he always does in my Football manger game(bastard always turns me down no matter what team i am since the 2005 game)

ALso would be sweet to see him in Bremen him with Diego, I can see him as the top scorer in Germany or 2nd after Toni if he has Diego feeding him goals....

as to compare Falcao with Raul or Torres to me is stupid no offense.... he is no where near what Torres is(at a similar age think Torres is 23/24) and he isnt home grown either... even if Falcao is as good as him or Raul the spanish fans nor media would be half as accepting of him because if he does go to a big club its going to be for a big transfer fee and not him coming up from the youth ranks. Falcao might like Real or Barca but which ever team gives him more money he will go to

where ever Falcao goes people will expect alot from him but comparing him to another player isnt right be it Raul, TOrres or even ANgel... this kid is Falcao and he plays like Falcao and given confidence and a decent team he will show his worth were ever he goes but I wouldnt compare him to the top strikers in the world just yet

12. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    continuamos aca-

el jugador mas popular de colombia en Big soccer
    nunca antes, ninguno tenia mas de 2000 comentarios
    cuantos de Ryu79? gracias por tanto dato bueno y analisis del dia

13. k1000o

k1000o New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bogota
    Man Utd, Real Madrid chasing River Plate striker Falcao
    tribalfootball.com - June 30, 2008

Manchester United are eyeing River Plate striker Radamel Falcao.
    DiarioSport says the Colombia international's agent, Nestor Sivori, has revealed the interest of United and Real Madrid in the prolific forward.

Aston Villa expressed interest in Falcao during the January market.

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    parece q alos del foro del manchester les gusta la idea de falcao

15. FelipeMillos

FelipeMillos New Member

Apr 29, 2008
    NY
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    si se va a uno de esos dos equipos ira a comer banca pero seria buenisimo porque lo que se aprende ahi no se aprende en ningun otro lado. Con solo estar alrededor de tantos jugadores tan buenos y practicar en un nivel tan alto, el tigre va mejorar mucho y va tener la atencion del mundo entero... y quien sabe.. depronto se gana la titularidad :)

16. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    FANS of ManU visiting today
    feel free to ask for translations here
    if you find any post that you may want read- just quote and say translate!

17. k1000o

k1000o New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bogota

si, bueno, nada se gana si no se ariesga

lo prefiero en el manchester por una simple razon, si se va alla es porque ferguson lo quiso,

18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    falcao always start the season as a sub, no matter if he was the best player a season before :p.............abru was satrte over him before:D

19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Man United is going to be really hard

NO WAY They will bench Rooney they think he is like the best striker in the world(hahaha) and then their is CR7 who is the best player in the world and then Tevez up front

I think if Falcao goes there and gets at least 15 minutes a game then it wont be so bad for him to go and be Tevez sub

at Real tho.... Its Van what ever his name is - Raul up front nothing but a miracle will change that but both are old, very old but then Real Madrids subs are Saviloa, Higuian, Saldado (was one of top strikers at Osuna and a top youth prospect), Robben , Robinho .... etc

I see Man United as more accessable but the problem there is all their strikers are young but the coach of Man United is prob the best in the world and can help falcao grow while Real Madrid is a place that kills talent on the bench....

I prefer him at Man United or anywhere but Real who will prob just burn him out

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    but i think tha shuster´s system is very similar to simeone´s one, because real also play with the 3 playmakers, and with raul there and i think that falcao will be his ideal´s replacement

21. k1000o

k1000o New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bogota
    you are right all the strikers at man u are young

technically there are only 3:
    rooney 23
    tevez 24
    saha 29

saha is very much criticized as of late bc he is always hurt leaving only tevez and rooney as striker.....there has been huge speculation as to HOW MANY strikers ferguson would buy this summer bc it is said that they need one (if cristiano ronaldo stays) or two if cristiano ronaldo leaves (remember, he is a midfield winger)

but the main thing is that real madrid is not a "coach's team".....where at man u you have fergie, at real shuster will be gone at the end of this next year, if not sooner....winning a title means nothing to real madrid and i guarantee to you that if falcao goes to real he will have to face the fact that he was brought there under the schuster regime and, as new administrations go, will pin falcao as part of the past

22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    mas links y la noticia cada vez toma mas fuerza:

¿’El tigre’ Falcao, un depredador para el Real Madrid?
    30/06/2008 - 14 h 30 - Juan C. Navarro

Aunque el nombre de Cristiano Ronaldo es el que más resuena, el Real Madrid tiene abiertos otros frentes. Los blancos quieren reforzar su línea de ataque y por eso andan buscando un recambio de garantías para Van Nistelrooy y Raúl. Y a su interminable lista de candidatos se ha unido ahora, tal y como indica Sport, el colombiano Radamel Falcao.

El delantero, de 22 años, lleva tres campañas en la primera plantilla de River Plate, club al que llegó a los 14 años procedente del Millonarios de Bogotá, pero una siempre inoportuna lesión cortó su progresión y le impidió consolidarse como el cotizado ariete que es ahora.

Además de los madridistas, diversos clubes europeos se han interesado por la situación de ’el tigre’, que ya ha reconocido su intención de dar el salto a Europa: «Esta profesión no te permite estar siempre en el mismo sitio, pero no tengo nada concreto todavía», asegura.

En esa hipotética lista de pretendientes figurarían los británicos Manchester United y Aston Villa, el Milan italiano y el Deportivo de la Coruña.

http://www.futbolmercado.es/el-tigre-falcao-un-depredador-para_article4533.html

23. k1000o

k1000o New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bogota
    otro:

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2008/0...lumbian-striker-could-the-tiger-be-an-option/

Manchester United in hotly-contested battle for Columbian striker: Could ‘the Tiger’ be an option?
    by OFFSIDETRAP on JUNE 30, 2008

A year after Manchester United fell in love with Argentine striker Carlos Tevez, the club looks to be headed back to Tevez’s home country for another Apertura League product who plays for 2007 league champions, River Plate.

DiarioSport is reporting that Manchester United are interested in bringing Colombian striker Radamel “The Tiger” Falcao to the club next season, in an attempt to add some more South American flair to their strikeforce.

Manchester United and Real Madrid are eyeing River Plate’s prolific striker Radamel Falcao, acording to the Colombia international’s agent Nestor Sivori. (DiarioSport, 1345)

Falcao has scored 38 goals in 58 appearances for the Argentine club, and would make an interesting pairing up front with Tevez and/or Rooney. After watching how easily Tevez was able to adjust to the English game during his time at West Ham, Sir Alex probably thinks Falcao could have the same success in a short period of time.

24. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ha! You've got to give Sivori credit for making a story out of what is likely nothing, huh?

I just hope he doesn't end up scaring away teams that may be a better immediate fit.

Never heard of that site though, K1000o is that known amongst Manu fans?

25. k1000o

k1000o New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bogota
    don't know, was kanckering a bit and found it

the story is now just trickling into english, i am waiting for a rumour report in the guardian, which has more legitimacy

i know that manu fans and the english alike consider headers a vital part of the game and it is well known in the uk that both rooney and tevez are bad at putting in centres from ronalco and heargraves

they are looking for a foward that is like these two but that can jump and put it behind the keeper