Fabio And Rafael

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by utd for ever, Feb 27, 2007.

1. utd for ever

utd for ever New Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Any info about them will be welcome

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    let the ridiculous poaching of our players continue.

3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    lol....805 Brasilian players getting transfered overseas in 1 year is an insane amount. Its difficult to even comprehend that number. I mean, 800 players....thats basically an entire league being sold in a span of 12 months.

4. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    and you guys are to blame for a quarter of that. haha. i actually dont mind it so much. what gets me more are all the good players that end up in eastern europe or asia or the arab countries.

it's just ridiculous that these kids basically never played for the senior team at fluminense and theyre already leaving! granted, they will probably get the better development in europe. actually, i bet that these guys will be loaned out to Sporting. that's why i am so glad that inter and some of the other top teams in brazil put crazy contract provisions to ward off potential suitors. 20 million euro fee should be enough to keep pato in brazil for a few more months. haha.

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Tell me about it. Some of the teams in the Portuguese Liga are half Brasilian. For some reason, they do not put a cap on how many Brasilian can play on a team.

6. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    this causes all sorts of problems...hell, one of the theories is the influx of foreigners into the premier league has been detrimental to the english national team. compare that with the other leagues out there who still have a lot of home-grown players on the big clubs.

at the same time though, you guys do get to naturalize some brazilians. :rolleyes: pepe most likely...and there's still a slim chance for liedson.

7. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Please....leave the Naturalization thing alone...

Liedson will never be...Pepe still has a chance, I don't know how much though. I though that if Scolari was going to do it, it was going to happen against the Brasil friendly.

8. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    haha.

but seriously. portugal is one of the few exceptions i think with having so many foreigners in their league. if anything, they actually have been able to strengthen their squad, in contrast with england. but i guess this just has to do with superior youth development, something portugal has always been good at. i guess now though, the pieces are finally falling together. but anyways, this is a tangent that has little to do with fabio and rafael...

9. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Still off topic.

I do not think you realize the influence that Brasil has on Portugal as a country. I would compare it with how the United States of American influences Canada.

Ideals, how people speak, futebol, music, television. Hell, even ethnic demographic are changing to a certain extent with the consistent flow of Brasilians moving to Portugal (1 million out of 11 in Portugal are apparently Brasilian...)

4 Basic channels in the nation. One day I was switching through them, 3 were playing Brasilian telenovela's and the other had a Brasilian clube game on.

I witnessed my cousin, who is now 9 years old, accent change in a span of 2 years. Hes not even located in Lisboa, but in Leiria. He was was slightly putting the "che" in some of his words when I returned to the country. He didn't notice it, neither did his parents. Only his grandmother...lol

In Olaias Lisboa, where my family is from, Samba can be heard playing loudly in the background at all time of the day, people dancing to it. Even Tuga....

10. sidis

sidis Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Itaguaí-RJ - Brazil
    It's a 400 year old vengeance!! +)

But in soccer much brazilian team are portuguese foundated, like portuguesa (all state have one) vasco da gama, luso-brasileiro, tuna-luso and others.

i wonder a portuguese player, from the selecção, play in Vasco.

The best that we could have was Domingues +(.

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Maybe it is best that you guys create a topic in the NSR forum if you want to talk more about this issue. :)

12. Red Bed

Red Bed Member

May 31, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Manchester United will be good for them, when they arrive next summer they will be at the biggest club in the world and will be given the best chance possible to become world class football players.

13. Bandeirante_SPFC

Nov 15, 2005
    Sao Paulo, SP
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    LOL...

Biggest club in the world...

ManU have only one world title.

São Paulo,
    Boca Juniors,
    Real Madrid,
    Milan,
    Nacional,
    Penãrol,
    Juventus,
    Internazionale,
    Santos,
    Ajax,
    Bayern Munchen,
    Independiente and
    Porto.

All these clubs are bigger than Manchester United my friend.

The englishcentrism is amazing...

14. Red Bed

Red Bed Member

May 31, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The only name that carries any weight out of those is Real Madrid and maybe Milan, the others aren't comparable. And I don't think the amount of world club championship titles are the measure of a big club. United and Real Madrid are the 2 clubs in the world with most fans and most money, Milan not too far behind aswell.

Anyway, on topic I have some news about Fabio and Rafael. Posted from another forum last night..

15. MagicoNr10

MagicoNr10 New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    I have to agree with Red Bed here, United is like the king of football brand names.

16. Bandeirante_SPFC

Nov 15, 2005
    Sao Paulo, SP
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sry... but for us in South America there is a plenty of european clubs that are more famous than Manchester United. All those that I listed is more or such famous than Manchester United to us.

Besides the club with the biggest fanbase in the whole world is Flamengo with 33 million fans without count the sympathizers around the world.

About money you´re wrong again. According with Deloitte Football Money league Manchester United is in fourth place after Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deloitte_Football_Money_League

Manchester needs to grow a lot to be what you are saying.

17. Red Bed

Red Bed Member

May 31, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That list is from last season.

"Rankings for the 2005/06 season"

United are on top in the new one because we signed the worlds biggest shirt sponsorship deal(AIG) and we expanded Old Trafford to 76 thousand we sell out every week so thats £3m per game. ;)

As for fanbases, thats absolute rubbish. Flamengo are nowhere near United and Madrid, id like to know where you got that figure from.

Shame on us for taking this thread offtopic. :D

18. Bandeirante_SPFC

Nov 15, 2005
    Sao Paulo, SP
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Your´re right! Case closed! :D

I come back in some hours. I am leaving to attend to São Paulo x Palmeiras in the Morumbi right now. See you soon.

Vamo tricolorrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

19. lagarto

lagarto New Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Antwerp
    Manchester United IS one of the biggest teams in the world, no doubt about that...

It may be that there are more popular teams in brazil, but in Europe Manchester is one of the biggest

And the club with the biggest fanbase is benfica from portugal, and that's a fact, you can check it in the guiness book...

Manchester United comes right after benfica

20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Rafael and Fabio will be playing at the Pan-American games in Rio.

Oh and btw, Flamengo IS bigger than Manchester Utd in terms of fan bases. Flamengo has 35 million JUST in Brazil. There are plenty of Flamengo fans around the world, especially in Japan where Zico is a footballing god. :)

21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Red Bed, that quote you got about Fabio and Rafael on another forum is wrong.

The Rafael that scored for Fluminense on Saturday was another Rafael, who played for Messina in Italy and Flamengo in Brazil. The other two goals were scored by Rodrigo Tiui and Thiago Neves. Fabio and Rafael have never played a professional game with Fluminense..

22. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    btw i can tell you that ManUtd have atleast 200 million fans JUST in Asia.(RM and ManUtd are byfar the biggest brands in football) There would be only 10000 fans in Asia who would have heard of Flamengo the football club.

23. lagarto

lagarto New Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Antwerp
    As is said, Benfica has the biggest fan base in the world, it is proven! you can check it up if you want... and Manchester United comes in second place

Flamengo may be a big team in brazil, but not in the rest of the world...
    In europe Santos and Corinthians are better known than Flamengo and I bet that is the same in other parts of the world...

I know it's your favorite team and you want to defend them, but it's the same for me saying that our rivals benfica has the biggest fanbase...

24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Can you give me stats of a research that says that ManUtd has over 200 mil in Asia?

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I highly doubt that. Santos, maybe, because that is Pelé's club but Corinthians? You are telling me Corinthians is better known than a club who has had Zico, Júnior, Bebeto, Romário, Zagallo and many other Seleção regulars?

Also, socios aren't a way to count every fan of a team? Benfica has the most socios than any team, not the most fans.