Selecciones Juveniles Pt. 2 (Sub17, Sub20, Sub23, etc..) (R) (News, etc...)

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by MetroChile, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  2. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    cuantos de nosotros vamos a viajar a Canada?

Who is contemplating whether going to Canada or not?

July 1st Chile plays Canada in Toronto

July 5th Chile plays Congo in Edmonton

July 8th Chile plays Austria back in Toronto

Metro, are you going?

3. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    For some added information I did a really brief search for ticket prices etc.

www.ticketmaster.ca offers a 4 day package deal for games being played in the first round in Toronto, for 2 tickets the package comes to an estimated $350 which is including seats included in the east and west of the newly built BMO stadium

now for Flight+car+hotel for 9 nights it comes out to 2,350 for 2 and 1,175 each, if you're planning on bringing any loved ones. I'm sure there are even less expensive packages but this is a rough estimate.

Guys also keep in account that Chile will be playing in Venezula at around the same time.

Sure Toronto has a couple sports Bars;)

4. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    www.cooperativa.cl

Selección chilena sub 20 debuta este viernes en torneo coreano

El equipo juvenil, dirigido por Rodolfo Dubó, jugará a partir de las 06:00 horas de nuestro país ante Polonia en el Cuadrangular Internacional de Suwon.

La selección chilena sub 20 que disputará el Mundial del Canadá debuta este viernes ante Polonia por el Cuadrangular Internacional de Suwon, en Corea del Sur.

Según detalló el sitio en internet de la ANFP, Chile jugará ante los europeos a las 19:00 horas de Corea, las 06:00 de nuestro país (10:00 GMT).

Después de recuperarse de un agotador viaje de 36 horas, la selección sub 20 ya se instaló con propiedad en la ciudad coreana de Suwon, donde disputará el torneo junto a Polonia, Gambia y el local, todos países clasificados al Mundial.

Desde el martes el equipo practica en las canchas de entrenamiento del estadio mundialista de Suwon bajo las órdenes de Rodolfo Dubó, ayudante técnico de José Sulantay, quien esta semana viajará a Canadá con el fin de chequear en terreno las instalaciones que ocupará Chile durante la Copa del Mundo.

La delegación también ha tenido tiempo para el turismo, ya que visitaron la fortaleza de Hwaseong, una colosal fortificación construida hace más de 200 años por el rey Jeongjo, el vigésimo segundo monarca de la dinastía Joseon, y a la que se considera una obra maestra de la defensa. De hecho la Unesco la declaró Herencia Cultural del Mundo.

Los siguientes duelos son el domingo 25 contra Gambia y el martes 27 ante Corea.

El miércoles 28 de marzo la selección viajará a Japón, donde continuará su preparación ante dos equipos profesionales de la liga nipona y uno universitario. (www.anfp.cl)

---

Metro

5. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Mi equipo ideal para jugar contra Polonia:

Toselli

Martínez
    Sepúlveda (no viajó Larrondo)
    Suárez

J.Silva
    Isla
    Carmona
    Arenas (no viajó Vidal)
    Vidangossy

Grondona (no viajó Sánchez)
    Medina (no hay más)

Perfil de Polonia sub20:
    http://www.fifa.com/es/comp/U20M2007/tournament/0,5319,U20M-2007-24,00.html
    DT: Globisz
    Goleador: Janczyk
    Król (delantero)
    Fojut (defensa)
    Tyton (arquero)

Austria (rival de Chile en el Mundial canadiense) les ganó 1:0 a los polacos, en Polonia.

6. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  7. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Sub 20: Chile derrota a Polonia en torneo amistoso coreano.

http://www.emol.com/noticias/deportes/detalle/detallenoticias.asp?idnoticia=250146

Metro

8. deyna199

deyna199 Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    hey do you know the Polish squad that played? I cannot seem to find out who our association sent to play in this tournament....

also would you say this was your A-team u20 side that played?

thanks.

9. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    1. I haven't been able to find the squad and/or starting line-up we used against you guys. I even checked our FA's website (www.anfp.cl), but they only had a preview for the game (so they haven't updated it with today's score).

2. Yea, it's basically the same squad that qualified, minus 4-5 players that are starters in 1st div. teams (including the two best players for our U20s: Alexis Sanchez and Arturo Vidal, who remained with their club in Chile--Colo Colo).

Regards,
    Metro

10. deyna199

deyna199 Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    thanks for your speedy reply :D

I think i have the Chile squad that played actually...

found this on a Polish site:
    anyways, with 2 of your best players missing as you say, and only 5 regulars this is probably more like your b team--> half A half B......i am really not sure what squad Poland sent, the squad we used to qualify from u19 last year will probably look a lot different this year for u20s, i think at least half the starting squad will be different because wehad lots of injuries during that tournament.......im not sure if our coach sent players to test here in that respect, i'd figure he'd send some regulars, but Fojut is injured i think, and Cywka another player of ours signed in the EPL was playing a reserve match the other night, so i dont think some of these guys travelled....but we definatley needed to test out some other players.....

anyways good luck the rest of the tournament here and especially in Canada.

11. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Thanks, you too!
    One of my best mates is Polish, so now I get to rag on him for a few days! :D

Out of the line-up that you presented for us, the only ones that did not participate in Paraguay in the qualifying tourney were Touber and Rivera.

Cywka plays for Wigan and Fojut for Bolton, no?

Metro

12. deyna199

deyna199 Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    unfortunately we get that a lot :D

1. thats good, who ever we sent at least it was good experience playing against a solid team with a south american style of football. we dont get to play south american teams as much as i would like at the youth level......

2. yah they are both signed in the EPL, but I wouldnt say they play....they are pretty much reserves still, Fojut made an appearance in the EPL, but we will see if they can break through to the first team in the next year or so. pretty much this is thanks to the EU though, since we are in we do not count against the foreigner limits anymore for club teams.....and Polish youngsters are pretty cheap.....we have good athletes but bad coaching in Poland so that is why i dont think we are able to produce the caliber of players at the highest level. In contrast the German federation has been able to produce some awesome Polish born players for their national team from a pretty small Polish immigrant group, pretty much better than any outfield players Poland has produced in the last decade.....Klose and Podolski obviously and they got a bunch of other guys like Trochowski, Polanski, etc that play in the bundesliga......that is why i am happy for any Polish youngster to sign in France, England, Italy, Spain, etc....

but i am getting off topic here, this is about Chile and Poland.....

goog luck the rest of the way, although i dont think Chile will need luck to get out of their u20 group in Canada......Poland on the otherhand needs quite a bit of luck :D

cheers

13. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Good stuff!
    My mate's team is Lech Poznan, mine is Pogon Sceczin (sp?), because my family came from Stettin (back when it was Germany). So I try to follow that team now as much as possible.

And yea Germany had madd "Poles" on their NT: Klose, Podolski, Sinkiewicz, Trochowski, etc...

Metro

14. deyna199

deyna199 Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    NJ, yah thats like Poland junior after Chicago, lol.....so part of your family is German? moved to Chile? I'm actually from Szczecin, but i dont follow the local team as much, I'm so far removed from Poland that the NT has become most important for me, although i do like to watch the Polish league in general......

yah the Polish Germans that Germany has been able to produce into good players has been quite impressive, .....with a good program you can produce lots of great players from a very small group.....like Croatia in 98 was one of my favourite teams, their country has like a population under 5 million, and i also like Uruguay.....

when a little country can match a huge country in terms of technical ability it shows the forgone potential for bigger countries in some respects....

15. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Don't say that around my board :mad: :mad:
    Jkin!

Yea madd Poles around my area!

Metro

16. deyna199

deyna199 Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    bit of a rivalry there i see, lol

alright later man.

17. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Buen resultado de Chile:)

Welcome Deyna:)

¿qué rival viene ahora?

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Jugamos con Corea del Sur la final el dgo. (ellos vencieron a Gambia 4-0 en la otra semi).

Metro

19. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    La Rojita, staying strong

That lineup looked steady, only two main players missing

20. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    www.mercuriovalpo.cl

Breves

selección sub 20

Exitoso debut ante Polonia

Un excelente triunfo obtuvo la selección chilena sub 20 en el Cuadrangular Internacional de Suwon, en Corea del Sur, al batir por 2-0 a Polonia: Los goles nacionales fueron obra de Hans Martínez en los descuentos del primer tiempo y de Mauricio Isla a los 80 minutos con un tiro desde cerca de la mitad de la cancha.

La Roja jugó con Chistopher Tosseli en el arco; Nicolás Larrondo, Hans Martínez y Cristián Suárez en defensa; Dagoberto Currimilla, Mauricio Isla, Cristián Sepúlevda y Carlos Carmona (el capitán) en una línea de cuatro; Juan Pablo Arenas y Jaime Grondona en la salida; y Nicolás Medina en ataque.

---

Metro

21. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Actually 3:
    Nicolás Larrondo
    Arturo Vidal
    Alexis Sánchez
    (if you want, a 4th: Gary Medel).

22. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  23. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Qué bueno, además, Gambia(semifinalista africano) le ganó en el Clasificatorio Africano al local Congo(Campeón Africano), futuro rival de Chile en el Mundial.

http://www.fifa.com/es/comp/U20M2007/tournament/0,5319,U20M-2007-47,00.html

Ahora a ganarle el torneo a los sudcoreanos

24. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    www.cooperativa.cl

Rodolfo Dubó y los triunfos de la sub 20: "Los muchachos juegan sin complejos"

El técnico ayudante de José Sulantay expresó en diálogo con Al Aire Libre en Cooperativa su satisfacción por el rendimiento exhibido por la selección juvenil en el Cuadrangular Internacional de Suwon.

La victoria de la selección chilena sub 20 sobre Gambia por 2-1 en la segunda fecha del Cuadrangular Internacional de Suwon (Corea del Sur), llenó de satisfacción al técnico Rodolfo Dubó, que está a un paso de conseguir el título en Asia.

"Más que estar contento, es una alegría saber que los jugadores juegan de igual a igual aquí en Corea sin ningún complejo y eso es gracias a José Sulantay con toda la idea futbolística que le ha impregnado a este equipo", comentó en relación al DT titular que se encuentra en Canadá, sede del Mundial de la categoría.

Fiel al estilo de su jefe, Dubó criticó a la prensa nacional que cuestionó el nivel de los rivales del combinado juvenil en su paso por tierras asiáticas.

"También eso es bueno ratificarlo a toda la gente en Chile y algunos medios que decían que estos equipos no existen y si están en el Mundial es porque realmente se ganaron su cupo, no son equipos aparecidos como se dio a conocer allá", sostuvo.

Sobre el desarrollo del juego de este sábado ante los africanos, el ex seleccionado nacional en España 1982 comentó que se trató de un rival complicado, al cual se le liquidó con las tempraneras anotaciones de Jaime Grondona y Nicolás Medina.

"Fue un partido difícil, los jugadores de Gambia tienen un juego muy brusco, de mucho correr y los sorprendimos en los primeros minutos con un pressing fulminante y logramos concretar los dos goles", narró.

"Creo que más que el resultado, lo más satisfactorio es que los muchachos siguen creciendo como jugadores, en la parte sicológica que es lo más importante, enfrentando a rivales mundialistas para que no nos sorprenda el día del debut frente a Canadá en el Mundial", agregó.

Respecto a la posibilidad cierta de obtener el título el martes 27 de marzo cuando el combinado juvenil se enfrente ante el anfitrión Corea del Sur, el estratega señaló que "sería bonito, los jugadores se lo merecen, porque han jugado a un gran nivel".

"Sería un premio muy grande para ellos por todo el esfuerzo que se ha hecho acá a más de 8.000 kilómetros de Chile", concluyó. (Cooperativa.cl)

---

Metro

25. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Sub 20: Chile se proclama campeón en torneo amistoso en Corea del Sur.

http://www.emol.com/noticias/deportes/detalle/detallenoticias.asp?idnoticia=250614

Metro