Israel vs. England [R], UEFA EURO 2008, Qualifying Round, 24.03.2007

Discussion in 'Israel: National Teams' started by mfrajman, Nov 21, 2006.

1. OBizz

OBizz New Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Perhaps. But I think it is tough to start a guy for the National Team when he doesn't even start for his own team in the league...

2. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    my opinion on shushan is based on his performance in this qualifier. He pushed us forward (with tamuz) agaisnt russia, and helped bring a goal, and he gave us some oppertunities in that game. He also gave a great pass to collautti in the end of the croatia game as well as helped well as oppose to some other players on the team for that game. Still you make a good point, your statement holds.

either way.......Someone who has experience and can score is needed. Balili is just as important, if golan is fit, I'd play him for sure.

3. israel972

israel972 New Member

May 30, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    keisi is slow....ziv is much quicker.....this makes all the difference wen playing against england......i love adoram keisi.....great defender....its a toss up...but jsut because of zivs quickness i'd put him in......but lets wait and see if adoram is fit

i like benado cuz of his experience.....something that i feel ben haim lacks.....and talk about own goals........shimon gershon...
    i'd much rather see benado than gershon.... but there our other option for centre back

i would not put ben yosef in either.....he seems very vulnerable...same with gershon

keinan would be good........and youngster duani from hapoel tel aviv looks to be developing into a great defender

4. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    gershon and benado both lack alot. the question is who is fit, and who is capable of performing with confidence. Ben Haim has the experience and I feel is solid back there.

It would appear we have a problem in every part of the field. Tal out from the midfield. Collautti out in the front, Golan is not fit. The back line is a mess, choosing between players like ben yosef and benado is clearly unstable. I don't like having so many young players in the back all alone, we are vulnerable as it is.......however u always consider what else u have and think maybe.

5. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    GOOD NEWS (for us at least) And no I am not taking pleasure in another persons pain.

John Terry, the captain of the England squad is out of the March European Qualifiers with an injury.

I think that this is good news in our favor.

6. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Chelsea says this morning that he's going to be back next week, so don't celebrate yet. Not to mention he's a lot more replaceable by England than he is by Chelsea at the moment.

I'm just worried they'll recall David Beckham. He's the one guy who could carve up a packed defense on a set play or with a deadly pass - without him, they're pretty predictable and direct which gives Israel at least a chance to be effective soaking up pressure and counter-attacking.

7. snowbozo21

snowbozo21 New Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Wandering
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I think Barda should be called up to the NT, I never got to see him play before yesterday but he looks like a very nice player and could probably help us stretch England's Back Four.

8. YossiFan

YossiFan New Member

Jul 15, 2006
    London
    John Terry now playing would be good news for Israel. Considering Ashley Cole is suspended from the game and England have a goalkeeping problem; I wouldn't describe Paul Robinson or Ben Foster as world class. England's defence could be weakened, Rio Ferdinand is prone to make mistakes and Terry's replacement, presumably Jamie Carragher is not in the same world class league of John Terry.

Incidentally, and think this is an exciting development, David Beckham could well play against Israel after Steve McClaren has confirmed he is considering recalling the ex-England skipper. When the fixture list came out, I was looking forward to seeing Beckham in Israel and was disappointed when he was dropped from the team but it now seems a real possibility he could play.

9. YossiFan

YossiFan New Member

Jul 15, 2006
    London
    Ditto exactly. He looks very skillful and confident on the ball. He has a good first touch, nice array of passing and is a livewire. I wonder whether 2 of the 3 Balili, Tammuz and Barda should start the game for Israel. As much as I am excited by Ben Sahar, I really don't want him to start, but be on the bench, because I don't think its fair when he's only come on a substitute three times for Chelsea to start him in such a huge international against the great players England have.

10. akofman12345

akofman12345 New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    San Jose
    well, it is now March, which means that the match-up of Israel vs England is this month!! Looking at this fixture when we first got our schedule for qualifying, it seemed so far away, but it is now a mere 24 days until Israel plays England. I don't know what to think about this game, on paper, it looks as if England is no doubt a top 5 FIFA country. But considering their last couple of games, they look like a team in crisis. Israel has a good shot against England. They will probably take us very lightly and not think much about the game, but our boys will show them that we have a good team ready to show their talent on the International stage. I predict a 1-0 win to Israel, just a feeling.

11. Benayoun15

Benayoun15 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Boston, MA
    i hope you're right....but i have a feeling england is going to wake up. england is taking the israelis seriously and this is do or die for steve mcclarren. israel's defence will not be able to stop a determined wayne rooney and won't have the pace to keep up with aaron lennon and stevie gerrard. sorry, but i gotta think 3-2 england here. let's all hope i'm wrong.

12. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I found this is in the BBC gossip column this morning

The FA has handed a 13-page list of demands to the Tel Aviv hotel where England will be staying ahead of their Euro 2008 qualifier in Israel.
    (Daily Mirror)

I am sorry, but you have got to be kidding me

13. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nope, that's the way the English FA go about things. They'll certainly be a tough opponent, although in their current state Israel certainly has a puncher's chance. It really depends on who's available for them that week, since the game will be played in the midst of league, FA Cup, and UCL/UC knockout matches. All I know is one sure starter won't - of course that's also probably true for Israel as well.

Hopefully they'll continue to focus on hotel issues and whining about travel and not get too interested in the match itself :p

14. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    This only means one thing.........all maccabi fans, all hapoel fans and all israeli fans in israel must get together on the eve of this game and sing and party outside the tel-aviv hotel. They can come to Israel and this time I am expecting a bigger turnout with real israeli hard core fans......not the family brunch that showed up for the croatia game.

England is clearly the one with the advantage. The way we should percieve this game is .......we are hungry for the win and most important.....
    ..... We are not afraid of england....england should be afraid of us!

Yesh le kashtan tokneet tova, rak she ha hagana tamod tov.

15. birchy187

birchy187 New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    can someone tell me what name is the hotel of the one england's staying in because i am an spectator going to the game supporting the almighty england

ps: england will win the match 2-0

16. YossiBenayoun

YossiBenayoun New Member

Sep 26, 2006
    Its called the Al-Intercontinental in Gaza City. Very nice hotel actually.

17. Seviliano

Seviliano New Member

Mar 4, 2007
    israel
    i dont recommend you to come with your ''England the best israel sucks''

attitude becuse you will get blows and go back to england in wheel chair

18. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    I hope they all come that way - that way we can send them back and keep the three points.

19. mfrajman

mfrajman New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Two great news stories both for Israel's benefit (courtesy of Haaretz)

Real Madrid midfielder David Beckham will not be suiting up with the English national squad in its Euro 2008 qualifier match against Israel in Ramat Gan on March 24. Scans of his leg carried out yesterday showed that the former England captain would be sidelined for four to six weeks after sustaining a strain of the lateral ligament in his right knee during Real's 1-1 draw at home against Getafe on Saturday. Beckham suffered the injury when his momentum following a cross took him into an advertising sign behind the goal.

Israel Football Association officials agreed yesterday that Beitar Jerusalem striker Toto Tamuz will receive his passage document Sunday. As a result, national coach Dror Kashtan will invite him to play for Israel's squad Euro 2008 qualifier against England on March 24. The team will gather on March 19 and hold five practice sessions prior to the England game. After that match, the team will hold three more sessions in preparation for its game against Estonia on March 28.

20. birchy187

birchy187 New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    seviliano what country do you live in becuase whatever country you live in use your own laguage and secondly your an idiot and england will win 3-0 now

21. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    3-0.........perhaps.............then again...perhaps not.

I hope that terry recovers well and doesn't get any more hits to the head before the game.

22. Benayoun15

Benayoun15 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Boston, MA
    3-0 seems a little extreme....3-2 England is my prediction

23. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    I'm hoping for 1-0!

24. akofman12345

akofman12345 New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    San Jose
    i want nothing more then to go to a pub FILLED with England fans, be the only Israeli fan in there, and come out of there with a 1-0 and a smirk on my face. This game is huge, if we win, and we are able to win against Russia/Croatia at home, and somehow get at least a point in England, Switzerland/Austria better watch out.

25. israel972

israel972 New Member

May 30, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    we already lost to croatia at home

after england
    we have croatia away, russia at home, england away
    two games vs macedonia
    home estonia
    away andorra