NSR/Off-Topic #6

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Skizz, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skizz

Skizz Guest

2. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'd just like to share this, lol...

When my friends and I are playing 6 vs 6 or whatever, besides dribbling and solo'ing I often like to exchange quick passes and make runs into spaces and play backheels and pass the ball into the goals.

Now I thought I maybe preferred to play like this because I just had played more football in my life and watched more, but I've noticed that my mate who supports and often watches Arsenal forms a good partnership with me and we're always insync with out flicks, movement and passes and runs.

So basically what I'm thinking is (obviously the team you watch often influences your playing style) that you tend to pick up the actual movement and runs of your team you support.

I just thougt it was pretty cool

3. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    so on tuesday morning/noonish one of my 3 roommates went missing. we didn't even find out anything until the school's housing department called asking to speak with him immediately, which was followed with one of his friends showing up at our apartment asking if we'd seen him, because she was worried about him. I was at the gym when all this occurred, so my other roommate informed me. and, we were sitting in my room talking about it when we noticed on my missing roommate's desk there was a gillette razor with the blade ripped off and some blood. ironically, as though they knew we wanted to talk to them, a cop showed up asking which car in the lot was his. so we showed him, and he checked it and everything. and then we went back inside. that was around 9 at night. needless to say, we're sitting up wondering if he's ever coming back, and it's 3 in the morning so we finally call the police department to find out the deal with our roommate. the woman who answered the phone said .."we haven't heard anything, but he's fine." which makes no sense. and then she said "Hold on, I'll check to make sure.... he's receiving treatment in the hospital, that's all I can tell you." so, the past 2 days now we've just been sitting around wondering when he's coming back, if he even is. what's happened to him, etc. because, the hospital won't(can't due to confidentiality I suppose) tell us anything either. He could be basically completely fine, or for all we know he could be on life support. I guess we're gonna have to go to the hospital and see if we can visit him. :(

4. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man can't wait till this school year ends :(

I WANT THE NEW FOOTY SEASON IN my school to start + maybe I'll join another team for a bit more experience it gets boring without footy for like 7 months other than just playing around :(

5. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You don't play on a club side or anything?

And Vanity, that is really unfortunate to hear... I hope your roomy turns out to be ok! :(

6. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Yo Vanity, thats thick!
    Dunno how secure things are over there, but at my local hospital all you need to know is the name of a patient and they'll tell you which ward they're in. It helps that im a frequent flyer in the ER so strut around the place like I own the joint, but still seems a little lax security wise!

7. Skizz

Skizz Guest

When my Mrs had Holly they had like entry phones and everything on the ward! I think there are some nutters who steal babies out there or something lol

8. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    True, when I visit my freind who a midwife there's alot more security, but when I've visited mates in the main ward they don't seem to take too much notice, I mean once my mate had been BADLY beaten and they let me visit no sweat, before they knew I coulda been the guy put him there comin to finish the job!

Back to the topic of R&W's luck with boots, perhaps it's coz HE'S GOT FREAKY EXTRA BONES ON HIS HEELS!!!!! Not to discriminate, but that can't help fit....

9. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Lol...well MySpace was informed first but my ankle is wankered again!

10. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I left 2 years ago cause my mom wanted me to work on me getting into a good high school :eek:

I'll most likely be playing next season so yey it really sucks I miss competition. :(

11. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Yeah mate that would suck to not play club ball... cause I play football year round, because club fades into school, and school fades back into club.. hope you find one asap after school!

12. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    the other thtread isnt locked

13. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ps, whatever happened to trio bars?

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You are allowed to give out small details over the phone like 'yeah they had a comfy night' but you cant give out test results or anything like that over the phone.

Trio bars were strange but i remember they did used to have little puzzles inside the wrappers!!

TRIOOOOO!

appleCORR

15. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    I feel I must share this with my bigsoccer family...This is what I do when I have spare money sitting in my paypal Account, and have already ordered my italy maximus...:eek: I can't wait to rock these at disneyland next month

[​IMG]

Apologies for the close up, and forgive the quality as it was taken with my phone...

Vanity, hope everything's ok with your friend...

16. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    hahahahaahhahaha. darren, honestly that's possibly the greatest thing I've seen ever. I seriously cannot stop laughing.

17. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    Neither can I Vanity. I still can't believe I did something so damn stupid...:D

18. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    I thihnk i'm just jealous that i didn't do it first. seriously, amazing.

19. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Darren that's nuts! You got the "Paul Wall/Pitbull" look going on lol

20. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    :( classes are in today, meaning I could've slept in another hour.

There is still snow on the ground.. this is unsafe for fellow North Carolinians! :rolleyes:

At least tomorrow is Saturday though!

21. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Today in Business Economics a girl and I fooled the teacher pefectly!

We had to do this one worksheet for homework, which I had done and she hadn't.

The punishment would be detention on a Friday afternoon...that sucks.

So...the teacher walked around the class to each table checking if we had done the work. She came past me and it was fine.

Then the girl behind me quickly called for mine, so I gave it to her and said "Draw something girly on it, like hearts." So she is busy drawing a heart and the teacher says to her, "Hey fool" (the teacher always jokes like this) so the girl gets such a fright thinking she was caught out and shows the work and the teacher is fooled! yay

THEN, the teacher comes back to me and says "Where is your work?"
    So I said, "You already checked it, so I put it away."
    She said, "Well take it out."
    So I pretend to try and find it in my folder as she stands at my desk...
    I took so long that she just walked away...
    And then the girl gave me my work back and it was done!

It was amazing I tell you!:p

22. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hahaha!

you just made me laugh loudly in a lecture and everyone looked at me like i was mad! :(

appleCORR

23. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    It scares me how the world has changed, I mean I swear I ain't THAT old but when I was at Uni you had to que to get a tintyweb pc in the computer department (in the very building computers were invented no less!) and now u can sit in lectures on bigsoccer!!! Thats the pinnacle of human advance IMO!
    Darren, Master Ace INC is turning in his retirement! I REALLY want an iced-out gumshield but can't seem to find anywhere that'll make em!
    Also im pretty sure the girl from the Trio add (the really annoying loud one) is my friends little sister, who literally just added me on myspace....
    Go on bigg, tell us the tale of how your ankle became a wankle....

Oh snap, just re-read ur story R&W, so like this girl didn't do her work and u risked detention by letting her use yours first, hope that thumb-print doesn't ruin your hairstyle! Funny how early the female ability to get guys to do her bidding develops, at work this past month we've noticed how one 7 year old has suddenly realised that she has total control over all the boys up until 10, it's funny coz the boys can't leave her alone yet none of them have any clue why yet!

24. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ahh we have loads of computers. Some of them you have to wait for! But at the minute im in the IT room so thats good!

appleCORR

25. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England