The offical 18th Gulf Cup of Nations 2007 Thread [R] part II

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Txtriathlete, Jan 24, 2007.

1. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Fixed your post.

2. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Anyways...............

Good luck to Bahrain and Saudi Arabia tomorrow.

3. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    iran vs oman

- oman scores a goal that was 10 meters offside, referee allows it.
    - nosrati steps on omani player, recieves a 4 match suspension, harsher then zidanes punishment in the WC for doing the exact same thing.
    - rezaei and badaavi suspended for 2 matches for slapping eachother

iran vs china

- chinese player acts and causes red card for iran
    - iranian bench player gets red card for protesting
    - last chinese defender tackles karimi hard from the back which is an automatic red card for 2 reasons, but referee only gives yellow
    - china hold 9 iranian players to a tie and get win by 1 penalty in shoot outs

iran vs bahrain

- arash borhani gets a red card for a foul
    - bahraini player attempts to break ali daeis legs with a vicious tackle from behind at the last minute of the game, mahdavikia runs to him and gets a red card for running to him and talking to him without any contact

other:

ebrahim taghipour gets suspended for 6 months DURING the asian cup 2004 for a fight he did a couple of months ago

enough cheating for 1 tournament?

4. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
  5. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    That was God's punishment for the Saudis, for stealing Iran's rightful place in the 2002 World Cup.

6. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Hmm lets change the subject from the Gulf Cup to Iran.. what do you think??

7. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    No One care about what happened after the match, We are talking about the match, Iran Players should take 3 Red Cards, What Oman will get if Nosrati or Rezai suspended? Oman raped that's my Pont, and Iran shouldn’t be in the next round.

I'm Not against Iran or something but I just want to clear this thing.
    good luck to Iran in the next Asian Cup.

8. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    IraqiFootball I really lost caring about this thing.
    Hussain Saeed and Akram Salman both won't resigned
    so we will see alot of Humiliations.

9. Aziz_10

Aziz_10 New Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
    If it was a deal made by Sultan bin Fahad (worst thing ever happened to Saudi football) then that proves my point of him being so shallow and short-planning Disease of a president.

I don't understand the Prejudice shown by some members here, seriously now you're arguing about a friendly competition not an Asian cup or a WC.

I've always considered our games against Iran as a Western-Asian Derby but that doesn't make it an excuse to accuse us of stealing your place in 2002, because to begin with - if you recall - we were put in one group which was insane seeing how the AFC decided to put China alone with UAE, Oman, Uzbekistan and finally Qatar, now does this look fair to you?

It was so obvious that a Country like china HAD to qualify to the 2002 WC. You think Blatter didn't have anything to do with putting China in a easy group?

All in all 2002 was a controversial competition, that should prove something.

Iran showed that they deserved to qualify to WC 2002 against Ireland in both games where the unlucky Karimi did everything but score.

And despite the disastrous WC of our national team it wasn't the coach's fault it's just our bad luck that we have a prince who manipulated the coach to play with an absurd formation against Germany, where our team played very well in Lebanon's Asian cup in 2000 using the 3/5/2 formation also we managed to beat Uruguay, Senegal before the WC using the same formation.

Oh well.. I'm not saying that we had a chance against Germany, but with 5/3/2 or 3/5/2 we would only lose by 2 or 3 maximum.

With my best regards toward our neighbors and brothers in the Gulf and Iran.

10. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Pathetic. Just Pathetic.

When your country can't even qualify against Saudi arabia, you guys use Germany. Really pathetic. Just shows how low you guys see your country. So is iranian inferior to germany now?:rolleyes: i UNDERSTAND.

Guess what. Iranians used to do well before the Saudis arrived in the asian cup. Saudi arabia entered Asian cup in 1984 and since then it has been in the asian cup 5 consequetive times. This makes you jealous. I UNDERSTAND.

Saudi arabia and iran have been in the same group in three world cup qualifiers and guess what. Saudi arabia was always ahead of Iran and qualified to the world cup. I know u guys can't help it. I UNDERSTAND.

Lucky for you guys, in 2006 world cup qualifiers, u weren't in Saudis arabia's group and again u guys wouldn't have made it. You guys were happy with that. I UNDERSTAND.

And u guys come here and insult Saudi arabia just because there are some rumours from the Iraqi camp that there was a deal. i KNow u are jealous that saudi arabia's in semis. I UNDERSTAND.

Saudi arabia can cheat once. Maybe twice. But not thrice. And if you guys believe that, then u guys are a fool to even play with Saudiarabia. And that u guys have to UNDERSTAND.

11. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Rumor : a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts.

In this case we have confirmation from the players involved in this ''deal/rumor'', and so far no Saudi official or player has commented on this ''rumor''.

Now, I've read some of the arab posts and one of em mentioned that why would they bother cheating in a pointless tournament. I'll answer your half intelligent question with another question : Why would Iraqi players claim that there was such a deal to begin with, if they knew it would be pointless to start up a rumor to justify a loss in a pointless tourney.

Back to Sad_Bekham:

Before you end up fully filling up your tiny brain with so much knowledge, understand this you little b!tch; If Iran invested as much as your cockloving land does in soccer, or if we had the options of buying matches ahead, or to steal awards and take pride in em, we would have atleast an average of 4 to 6 beyond stupid posters like you flooding this thread with the crap you usually post.

Fact is that you're an idiot, and I as a human confirm this. Now feel free to have your fellow Arabic pride posters crying me a fkn ocean.

12. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    no one care about what happened after the match? YES WE CARE, we had to play against south korea without 3 of our 4 starting defenders and thats why they scored 3 goals against us.

whats it got to do with oman if 2 iranian players slapped each other? NOTHING. YOU SHOULD BE LUCKY OMAN got a free goal- the offside goal. oh and good luck to iraq in the next asian cup, maybe you guys can become 3rd during a war like us.;)

13. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    dude, in 2002 we beat you 2-0 at home and tied you 2-2 in saudi so dont talk about "finishing on top of us." and we have a winning head to head record against you.

14. valanjak

valanjak BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    The Saudis have room to talk as they are the 5th best in Asia right now and Iran is number one , oil money doesn’t bring you glory you cheating Saudis .

15. We qualified to the World Cup during a war and without playing a single home game. That's never ever happened as far as I know. ;)

Good Luck to Iran too.

I hope Oman go on to win the Gulf Cup, I was disappointed when they lost the final in the last edition.

16. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Who said they are the first in Asia? Oh right, Iranians think they are always the best, but when will we ever see them win an Asian Cup again, or at least reach the 2nd round. Keep on dreaming Iranians.

17. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Oman x Bahrain at 4:15 SAUDI Time 5:15 LOCAL Time
    the referee is the malaysian guy, forgot his name.

Saudi Arabia x UAE at 7:15 SAUDI Time 8:15 LOCAL Time
    The referee is Saad Kamel from Kuwait.

18. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Read post # 61 again.

I UNDERSTAND. :cool:

19. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Good luck to Bahrain and Saudi arabia.

20. PersianSaam14

PersianSaam14 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2005
    Dubai
    Lol, at least reach the 2nd round? What happened in 2004? Oh yeah, Turkmenistan taught u guys a lesson and u finished bottom of the group. Damn, Turkmenistan's a strong team :D

21. Di-Tomasso

Di-Tomasso New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Iran all the wayyy

22. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    As a neutral, I would say that Iran is ahead of Saudi Arabia on playing strength. However, Saudi is ahead at the moment in terms of Asian Cup success. Both are as bad as each other in terms of intolerance, ignorance and arrogance. Oman for the cup.

23. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really want to see Oman win it.... especially given the fact that they were minnows when I used to live there.

24. Aziz_10

Aziz_10 New Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
    Oman just scored now. :D

I predicted Oman to win the tourney but my final was Oman vs Iraq, now I guess it will be Oman vs UAE.