2010 Crew Roster Thread: Offseason + In-season.

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by TrueCrew, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Z3N157

Z3N157 Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Boardman Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I call shenanigans on 2 fronts:

a) You told us before your waitress at Applebees was off on Thursday nights.

b) Your waitress at Applebees is actually Santiago Gris' cousin and is just trying to build publicity for the hour special.

2. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Actually, it's my Applebees waitress that's off on Thursday, not his. But you do bring a valid second point to the table.

3. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    Based on all the news out here, clearly Ibezito Ogbonna is working out tremendously.

4. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where are you?

5. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    Your mom's.

6. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shes such a slut.

7. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Obtaining Stern's rights is easy enough, just file a discovery claim. Unless someone else files first, he would be ours.

8. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure you can file discovery on a player previously employed by MLS. Anyone know?

9. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The question was asked last year. The league office said that if Stern were to come back, he would require an allocation.

Of course he could go unclaimed like Frankie in '03 and then be signed to a discovery.

11. JB the First

JB the First Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bas Ent was with TFC for their game against Bolton last week

12. beyondthenormal-s3

Oct 4, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    In a never ending saga, Crew are now giving Ent a trial as well. Saw it posted on my replacement blog today; as apparently the Dutch Lions cannot afford me and rather steal my idea of interlinking a blog with facebook fan page to maximize hits :). Oh joy!

Anyways, the guy that runs the new blog was also the same guy communicating with Mo Johnston and went up with Bas to Toronto. So, it's pretty much a definite:

http://crewonespot.blogspot.com/2010/07/7272010-bas-ent-now-headed-on-trial-to.html

13. crew92

crew92 Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Pripyat, Ukraine
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So are you done with the DDL for ever?

14. beyondthenormal-s3

Oct 4, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I might of came back if they got more investors this offseason and they had the money to actually pay for staff that do their jobs. I was still willing to update (to a lesser degree) my blog for them, as I did with Crewture.

They said they would work on giving me something for the offseason to update some during the offseason. Then I whoke up today and I was booted off their facebook fan page as an admin and there was a replica blog up..

Lol, got to love soccer organizations. Figured being there for six months was enough time to get to know me and realize that I'm not usually the best person to piss off. :D

15. crew92

crew92 Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Pripyat, Ukraine
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are they hurting finanially?

16. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Damn that sucks. I enjoyed the blog and it was much more informative than the club website, not to mention you obvioulsy have a much better grasp of the English language. Its torture reading some of the match reports on the website.

Thats a low blow IMO considering all you did for the club, trying to get the supporters group started. Were their others let go as well?

I hope they get someone to cover offseason. IMO there is a lot to cover as I'm interested to see which American players we retain. IMHO opinion as long as we keep George I'd be happy lol. I went to all the home games and the only other player that stood out was Giallombardo.

17. patricksp

patricksp 91.9 Crew Fan Rating

Nov 4, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I was you I know that the crew have some openings in the tickets sales dept it won't hurt to apply.

I saw Shawn updated his blog and says that RW was at BMO maybe to talk trade?

18. footy5

footy5 Member

Feb 27, 2008
    The D

I dont see us trading with TFC. Maybe looking at Georgie Welcome?

19. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't Bas Entt up with Toronto? He could've been keeping tabs on him.

20. JB the First

JB the First Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we really need another big target-type forward with average finishing ability?

21. footy5

footy5 Member

Feb 27, 2008
    The D

Seems to be what RW is looking for. Burn through them until you find one that works out I guess. Just saying that he sticks out as someone who RW would be looking at from that game.

22. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It was my first thought that he had to have been looking at someone for Motagua, and Georgie Welcome is definitely the one that makes most sense. The idea of trading with TFC midseason makes my stomach turn. Especially considering the best forward they'd likely make available is O'Brian White, and they'd be looking for a defender most likely in trade. I don't want to lose any of these young defenders we have now, especially to an in-conference rival, with Frankie and Gino closing in on the end of their careers, and with a two-team expansion draft coming up.

23. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of young defenders, a tidbit from Shawn today on one of our draft picks, Kwaku Nyamekye.

http://blog.dispatch.com/crew/2010/07/thursdays_quickies_1.shtml

No deal this year, and the fact he wanted to finish his degree (economics) from Harvard hurt him, but seems optimistic about next year, and Shawn says we want to sign him.

6'1", 200 lbs. Sounds like a centerback to me. He's Swiss, so it looks like he'd take an international spot.

24. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We probably will have some international slots opening up next year--one way or another. As I recall Guille is close to a green card and I would not be surprised at a retirement or loss of an international in the expeansion draft.

25. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes nothing hurts more than a degree in economics from Harvard. Talk about preparing a fallback.