Matt Nickel...

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Sinderella, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Sinderella

Sinderella New Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Odenton, MD
    Was he the dude that was in the magazine as one of the beautiful faces in the dc area?

If he was, the dude just made people magazine annual bachelor issue...in the column called "you think your hot...we think so too" or something like that.

At least they put down his occupation as a pro soccer player.

Thought it was pretty cool that a dc united player made the list!!!!

2. Doctor Woo

Doctor Woo Member

Nov 5, 1999
    Newport, OR
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. He was the dude. As a hetero male, you know, he looks okay I guess. I think Erpen is more classically handsome, Filomeno needs to get rid of the mullet, Freddy has that smile. I think Boswell is the looker of the group.

Yeah, any publicity is good publicity. If this means more butts in the seats, any excuse will do (except rooting for the Gals or the Metros).

3. vivzig

vivzig New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    The OC
    I think there was an Access United about this, actually. If you want some Matt Nickel glamour shots.

I take solace in the fact that he must have been ribbed unmercifully by his teammates.

4. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. SteveWWJ

SteveWWJ Member

Jan 28, 2003
    Reston, VA
    I don't know if anyone but me has noticed this, but there's this Jello pudding commercial with kid that looks exaclty like a mini-Erpen.

It's very odd, the kid is wearing capris pants and is dancing with a guy in a cow suit, while this "wiggle while you jiggle" song plays... it freaks me out. Anyone else notice the Facundo doppleganger?

6. Allan Quatermain

Oct 23, 2001
    The Lost City of Gol
    Club:
    DC United
    What's up with being self-nominated? It's embarassing enough as it is ... but to put yourself up for it? Geez.

7. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    In this town, where most everyone is obsessed with career and/or money, I doubt too many women over the age of 23 will think he's hot once they realize what an MLS Developmental Player makes.:cool:

8. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    I know he has a girlfriend, she is in a word, hot.

9. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have his autograph :cool:

His best friend was at the LA/DC game, and he came over and talked for a bit...good guy.

ANd that Jell-O commercial...I never thought of it before, but...you know...your right. A Mini-Erpen totally.

10. s0ccerm0m

s0ccerm0m New Member

May 8, 2005
    Actually, the league nominated him. The MLS publicity department tries to gain free publicity for the league by promoting players in different ways. The fact that the magazine put him in a "self-nominated" category is probably somewhat embarrassing to him. I'm sure his teammates are giving him some ribbing over it.

11. FutbolArte2

FutbolArte2 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Denver
    I grew up and playing with and against Matt...the kid is hilarious. This whole thing is a joke to him I am sure.

I have heard about the current girl and his ex is pretty hot herself. She plays for Drake women's team. Either way good kid and if the coach would just let him play...he can finish!!