DC United @ Wizards In/Post Game [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, May 27, 2006.

1. kcajax3

kcajax3 New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Blue Springs
    why do we not have our own announcers? it gets so old every time we are on DK we get the other teams announcers.

2. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hunt doesn't want to spend the money for a TV package.

3. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    They wouldn't televise home matches anyway.

4. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice pass by Watson. Sealy's been disapointing today.

5. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice to see Matt Nickell, the first Iowan to make MLS, come on.

6. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After that last chance you could now also post: Nice pass by Watson. Arnaud's been disappointing today.

7. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Watson looks good.

8. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arnaud's at least been involved and active Sealy's done nothing. He was in the right place and scored his goal but outside of that what did he do?

9. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Watson did look good. That was disappointing. start off the season 3-0-1 and now are 4-4-1. That's horrible.

10. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well crap. The May swoon continues.

The offense is about as anemic as the Royals' right now. The last multi-goal game was against Houston.

Certainly doesn't seem for lack of opportunities, judging by the number of shots tonight.

Going ONLY by the MatchTracker statistics, it looks like we were by far the more aggressive team. Part of that probably was because we were chasing the game, but just a part. Nonetheless, I predict we'll still hear about how boring and dull the Wizards are from our other MLS fan brethren. :mad:

11. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that was lackluster...

i was there as usual... feels like we just aren't running on all cylinders... seriously lacking in the finishing... we just are not exciting...

i am VERY disappointed in this performance... sure, i could blame a pisspoor PK call by the ref, but it was more than that, and thus, i shut my mouth... very discouraging...

get some offense together...

connect on passes... make the through ball worthy...

12. Moobythegoldncaf

Feb 27, 2001
    Carson, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It really knocks the wind out of you to already be down a goal after a minute. I sat in with the cauldron tonight and the energy there helped keep me from sinking into a deep deep depression.

That having been said I think we lacked energy in our play. Sealy didn't impress and Arnaud seemed unusually absent. We had some streches where we looked very dangerous, but were never able to capitolize.

I hope the dismal May stretch doesn't flow into June. We need to get things back on track before our WC players get back to town.

13. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WORST PK CALL EVER. So I was almost kicked out not once, but twice tonight thanks to the ************ refs, now of course that could be my own opinion. Most of you know how I will usually defend a ref call or something, but tonight was the worst reffed game I think I have ever seen.

14. Liverpool_SC

Liverpool_SC Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Upstate, SC
    Your team was not boring or dull. You played to get goals, just not intelligently (come second half). In the first half, you were playing with fire in your bellies to be sure. It really could have gone either way. Victorine was managing the midfield very well and you were actually playing through the midfield. You started going too route 1 again in the 2nd half.

Come the second half and you were not nearly as sharp. Wizards were still aggressive, but too much bypassing the midfield and senseless running. The tempo was high, but DC was still managing possession well. Victorine was less involved and it really hurt. Arnaud was doing chicken without head style running. Yuva did okay, but he is still not ready to go mano a mano versus pro defenders. Sealy was offsides way too often.

It is true that your team made Troy Perkins work, but in the second half (when you got most of your scoring chances) - they were more half chances or blown chances than really dangerous attacks. Guys should have taken one more touch or made one more pass. Instead they tried to score goals that were not there. Let the ball do the work.

On defense you were playing too emotionally. Zotinca really could have been sent off for his retaliation. Burciaga sometimes gets called for ticky-tacky stuff, but the way he lays his body around he is begging for calls. He is constantly clutching, leaning, lunging, etc - when he is good enough to play clean and be effective. Over the course of the game - you really kicked lumps in a bunch of DC players.

Vaughn really was terrible - without rewarding either team. Both teams suffered because of the way he called the game.

I am really surprised how poorly Zavignin has played this season when I have watched your team. He is a total zero going forward. He used to be really good at supporting the attack, but now he looks strictly like a disruptor. Maybe it is adjusting to the new formation, but it really is a shame. He used to be a very dangerous player whenever we played against ya'll.

This was a very entertaining game (would have been better with a better ref). Love them or hate them, DC always brings the fire out in other teams. Just like the game against Columbus last week - you can tell that DC's opponents are using every fiber of muscle to try and beat us down. I think that if KC had used every fiber of their brains as well that they would have fought back into this game.

Arnaud just didn't quite have the touch he needed, though he made great runs all night. Sealy just can't get in gear with his teammates. Jewsbury couldn't quite thread his heavy shots through traffic (Perkins sucked up some big drives, but they were very nearly all at him). And Victorine was dangerous. He really is a solid player all-around. I have always thought he was a bit underrated, but he has gotten even better under Gansler.

Finally, I really liked Gansler's fire. He really brought it and the team really responded. They clearly love playing for him. If your team does fully adjust to the new formation and that new Dutch-American guy is as good as you want him to be - I am sure that we will be seeing you guys in the playoffs. Hopefully 'deep' in the playoffs.

15. staubio

staubio New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know how anyone can proudly claim to be a DC fan. They team plays with no class and kept doing petty little cheap crap at every opportunity. It was frustrating to play a team that didn't want to play the beautiful game. That said, I'm glad Davy set an example and stayed on his feet -- he has a tendency to whine for fouls a bit.

Funny how Scott continues his run of simply being in the right place at the right time and not really earning goals for himself. He got another sitter tonight -- at least he put it in the goal.

This was indeed the worst officiating I have ever seen in any professional sporting event anywhere. It was aweful. No calls where there should be calls and calls when there shouldn't. I almost couldn't stand to watch after awhile because the game became a joke -- and two blatantly bad calls resulted in the free kick and penalty that led to DC goals.

I was pretty pleased with the play of the team, but I agree that Kerry just doesn't seem to be all there. I also got repeatedly frustrated with Scott. He has a tendency to go for the quick flicks and I hardly ever see it work. Tonight his one-two attempts were way off the mark.

I should remember to not invite a bunch of first-timers to DC games. They are never good. I hate to let a classless bunch like that pull further away from us at home in front of a better-than-expected crowd.

Lets hope we're just getting the typical lackluster span out of our systems.

16. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm glad that someone else had written this out so nicely before i got on here. after i confirmed my suspicions about the shyte pk call by watching the replay, i just sat back and accepted that we had lost that game. with that ref it wasn't even worth investing my emotion into a game that had no chance of being played correctly. the worst part about it was that i couldn't stop lambasting tv on my way into the stadium after i heard that he was our ref. i knew he was horrible. i knew this crap would happen. i should've just cut my losses right there, turned around, and gone somewhere else to watch a game that might actually be called according to the rules. i LOVED watching the refs get beer and all sorts of other things thrown at them as they walked down the stairs at halftime.
    ******** this.

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The more I think about it the more I have to question where the ******** the linesman was on the PK call. Obviously not in position and not watching the play, because he would have had a clear view at the "contact" between Simms and Arnaud.

18. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I really don't know what to say here. Four game slump where we've accumulated a single point, and the most burning memory is this horrible piece of officiating that occured last night.

That being said, we are miraculously still in 2nd place in the East, and 4th overall. All we have to do is start clicking and we are still sitting alright.

19. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well last night blew big time. Well I watched the replay of the so-called pk kick and all I can say is you got to be kidding me. What a complete McOwen of a call. One of the biggest flops ever by Simms, who I guess what tryinmg to score but the ball got in his way. FWIW I haven't been that mad a a referee in a long time. Kermit on the touchline was useless.

20. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The referee was cobi? ;)

21. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Bullshit. That wasn't a dive, he just lost his balance after whiffing at the ball. No way he was trying to draw a PK, he was just as shocked as anyone at the abysmal call.

22. KCBearcat

KCBearcat New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The sad part is that when Kermit saw the replay on the videoboard, he didn't call the ref over and say that it was crap... he just put his hand over his eyes and shook his head. (from someone who saw it happen, I know I didn't from the drum)...

On a more positive note, the KC Wizards reserves played DC's reserves and beat them 2-0 with goals from Jack Jewsbury (PK) and Ryan Pore (I think) on a sweet pass from Jermaine Hue. Ryan Raybould had the captain's armband. Yura and Sergei Raad looked really good up top. Shaggy looked decent in net. Rimando started for DC but subbed out in about the 65th minute (or roundabout there).

Jack's PK? He didn't screw around... He just buried it.

23. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    As several have correctly assesed.

24. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know that. It was the biggest flop to the ground after whiffing on the shot.