Monday practice (sort of)

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by cyberthoth, May 23, 2006.

1. cyberthoth

cyberthoth Member+

Nashville SC
    Aug 7, 2000
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was not at the Monday practice but work for a newsroom that sent cameras so here's a few minor tidbits I was able to gather from the raw footage.

O'brien appeared to be fine and was probably our best freekicker today. He...Dolo...and Reyna were all striking balls just outside the box with Marcus in goal. It looked more like they were screwing around than seriously working on their shots as more sailed above the goal than to it. One thing you might find amusing...some of the photographers were surprised at how short Dolo is :0

Media from all over the world are going to be watching this game. The Coliseum has received more than 50 media requests. In Bruce's interview...someone probably and Italian journalist asked his opinion about the Italian League scandals and Bruce did not bite...saying only it wasn't a concern to him.

Truthfully...I thought Bruce looked very relaxed....smiling the entire interview. From a news standpoint there wasn't much that came out. Bruce did make it a point to emphasize the team is further along than 2002 and he also made it sound like starting line-ups for Germany are not final.

If you live in the South you may find this interesting. There are rumblings that if attendance is 20-thousand Nashville will get a World Cup Qualifier. Landon even said in his interview this game is a chance for Nashville to "step up" and Bruce pointed out he likes to bring the "Gospel" of soccer to various parts of the US.

Finally my attempt at tabloid journalism---when asked what he thought of Landon he said and I quote, "there are lots of pretty girls here"
    Could there be trouble with Bianca---enquiring minds want to know :)

2. Ronaldo's Idol

Jun 13, 2004
    Are they practicing at the Coliseum?

And having spent 4 years in Nashville, yes there are plenty of pretty girls there.

3. Dirty_South_Futbol

Dirty_South_Futbol New Member

Mar 19, 2006
    On the road
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I knew I should have gone to this game (kicking myself).

I am only 5 hours away. But I couldn't get off from work. I hope 20k+ show up....this is the World Cup People! THE greatest event.

sounds like Nashville is doing a good job as a host; and yes, southern women are very attractive. :D

4. Beck11

Beck11 New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Nashville/Knoxville
    The rumors I heard earlier in the week were that 17,000 tickets had already been sold. I hope Nashville can get 20k+ to have a chance at a qualifier.

5. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hell yeah. if nashville got some qualifiers i would be so happy.

6. VBSoccerFan

VBSoccerFan New Member

May 2, 2006
    Virginia Beach
    I just read that advance sales were over 20k

7. manu06

manu06 Member

Dec 12, 2004
    I'm kicking myself for not going either. Only 4 hours away but swamped at work.
    By the way , if you want to see pretty women , Oxford,MS is the place to be.
    Must be a requirement to get into Ole Miss.

8. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. MJ-inBRITAIN

MJ-inBRITAIN Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Nottingham, UK
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last time I was there - it was all big hair. But then, that was...92

10. TigersFIMA

TigersFIMA Member

Aug 27, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the insider info! I particularly liked the part from Bruce about spreading the gospel (when in the Bible Belt, do as the congregation does). He may look like a big lump, but the guy really is quite sharp. Can't wait for the game tonight. And, everybody heading down, remember to try to get to the area around the stadium early or else you'll be fighting rush hour traffic.

11. Scrambles

Scrambles New Member

May 21, 2004
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, God, that would be great. I was kicking myself for not trying harder to make it to the Guatemala game in B'ham, and I'm beyond excited about heading out for tonight's game in a few hours.

12. geordienation

geordienation Moderator

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Over 20K. Sweet.

13. Lobooho

Lobooho Member

Jul 26, 2002
    Cali
    Its great to have a job but this is the USMNT.
    So where do the ugly girls live?

14. Ronaldo's Idol

Jun 13, 2004
    They live in cold places.

15. Zathras

Zathras Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Minneapolis
    No; the girls in cold places are just harder to see due to their being covered up.

16. WFU03

WFU03 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Singapore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True...there is a direct correlation between attractive girls (at least in the US) and how far South and West you go. Warmth encourages people to leave their houses and get some rays and exercise. That's one thing I love about the South.

17. sregis

sregis Member

Nov 5, 1999
    Hoboken, USA
    and then there's new york city...

18. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

I can vouch for that ...my 19 year daughter is at Ole Miss and she is stunning....looks like her mother....thank God

19. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Having seen you recently I can vouch for the "thank God."

:p

BTW, it's nice to finally have an aptly titled thread. This is about Monday's practice (sort of).

20. Ronaldo's Idol

Jun 13, 2004

Well there certainly is analysis in this thread. That's a lot better than most threads here. Even though the analysis has nothing to do with soccer, but is remotely related to balls.

21. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

easy now....you're not exactly an oil painting yourself....

....I always introduce my daughter by saying.."she has her mothers looks and my sense of humor.....rather than the other way around"....