Gooch

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by tomo, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Toolhead

Toolhead Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I make no sock puppets man, I've just seen you take some flack from people lately and hoped that you didn't think my post was intended for you, that's all. I value your opinion on Gooch, you get to see him play much more than I do. From seeing him against Jamaica, I can see why you think so much of him. But then again, he's a little bit green also.

2. rorschach

rorschach New Member

Mar 1, 2004
    Kirkwood Atlanta
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Hey -- I, too, am a Yellowjackets fan. I had a cousin who went to Clemson (she majored in the letter 'T'), but most folks in Ga. give it stick. Spent two years in Seattle walking across SU on my way to work everyday.

It was good to see McBride's acknowledgement of Gooch's youthful transgression. Just look at Rooney...

3. OmiKell

OmiKell New Member

May 2, 2004
    Tarrytown/Luxemburg

Real good

4. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

5. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Am I the only one that thinks Gooch would be a good buy for Liverpool come January?

6. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    He's certainly better than their current YA backup. :D

7. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Fulham need help don't they? :p

8. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes :p

I would like to see with the Toon after WC2006. :)

9. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Please, we want Gooch's career to progress.

Just wait til Charlie Blackmouth gets into gear.

Indeed.

10. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gooch and Boumsong would be an unbreakable pair. To starting CBacks from the worlds #6 and #9 ranked teams.

If it's good enough for Micheal Owen it can be good enough for Gooch.

11. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've recently discovered (this is not a biggie, more of an embarassing admission) that on mlsnet you can watch entire games, complete with cheesy lead-ins.
    I watch them to see what the league looks like this year, and to take a look at some of the player's i don't know but folks here get excited about.
    It's enough, at least, to let you make a more informed decision.
    And, frankly, the conclusion is pretty obvious, IMO. But, maybe that's just me.

12. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    I recently started watching matches this way too. While you may or may not be impressed with the level of play, you have to be impressed with a league offering its games live on broadband for free. If every league did that I'd be a very happy man.

13. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    No. I plan to call Rafa and personally tell him to buy Gooch.

;)

14. Enge

Enge Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Frankenmuth MI
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone other than me think that if the Mexico game had been a week before the window closed that someone would have drove up to his club with a truckload of money to offer for him? I don't think we have a player with higher transfer value at this point in time.

15. harttbeat

harttbeat Member

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    i just wonder what is the market for a player like gooch. i think he would definitely break the reyna transfer record for a yank. if he helps standard win the title and usa makes the final 8, someone in europe gonna pay a big price. how stupid does metz feel right now?

16. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty stupid indeed. It's a good thing that Arena didn't take the advice of some posters on the US boards after the Jamaica game last year, who declared that Gooch had his chance and had blown it. :rolleyes:

17. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    many people on these boards do not know what they are talking about ;)

18. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Well, if we're talking "what-ifs" the Adu futures market is still pretty bullish.

19. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    absolutely. I think it's a fantastic service, and as near as I can see, a service, not a revenue generator.

20. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    His visibility with Standard last year in the Uefa cup was higher than with the USMNT. Frankly, his league play with Standard is higher visibility here. I watched the game here, and the focus was on LD, who had the phrase "the best american player," attached to his name.
    People know who Gooch is, they've been watching him play (and he plays better than he did in that mexico match, where, frankly, he looked nervous at times). Not sure about breaking a US transfer record, though, and I'd think Adu and EJ have higher value than even a stud defender.

21. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dont forget Beasley. I think he will get a big money transfer to England or Spain after WC2006. Hell we could use him at Newcastle right now.

On topic Gooch is real special and the sky is the limit with him. I think he effectivly ended Eddie Popes USMNT career. Gibbs, Blackmouth, and Berhalter are all going to fight it out to play next to him.

22. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Gooch AND Boca!