PBP: UEFA CL Semifinal 2nd Leg | FC Barcelona v Chelsea FC | 24 April 2012 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Apr 21, 2012.

1. FCBTEX

FCBTEX Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Frisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he should be captain of the over 40 team my friend's dad plays for. He'll fit in perfectly in a league where he can push around old men.

2. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Too bad guys, wanted a Clasico as a final, but what made clear is that Barcelona lacks a player like Ronaldo, Robben, Neymar on the flanks. It was from Xavi, to Alves, fake cross, back to Xavi, to Tello and neither of the boys on the flanks took a shot at their defender.

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    You like the prospect of a weakened Chelsea facing Real? :confused:

4. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    well no matter what happens i hope they wont let pep influence the transfer decisions ( the idiot already wasted over 100 freakin million euros on ibra+chyrginschky whatever his name is ) and i bet he had a hand in bringing cesc in too , makes me wonder howmany useful players we couldve gotten with all that money he wasted over the years

we need some god dam defenders , why the hell is everyone wanting more strikers , are we turning into lpb ? ( defense is overrated BS )

5. herm2020

herm2020 Member

Nov 30, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I am not even sad. Even before the game started, I had a feeling it wasn't meant to be, and after Ramires scored right before half time, I knew right there it wasn't going to be our night. Chin up lads. we'll be back. We shoud all be Thankful and proud of the boys. They gave their all, but it wasn't enough. Visca el Barca!!. We'll be back. We should all be thankful for all the joy this team have given us these past 3 years. Congrats to Chelsea. The better team over two legs won.

6. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    Of course it will be a shit year if LPB wins the double. It has been a shit year because we are knocked out of CL because of poor finishes and missed the golden chance to win 2 CL in a row. I am not talking about shit year in some good teams context, but if you look at the players we have and the manager we have, this has been a shit year.

For those blaming our one way of play:

It was not the style of our play that screwed us this season, it was the poor finishing. We could have even won the Last Clasico if our players could finish.

We barely created any chances in the Inter game but against Chelsea we created enough to score atleast 8 goals. We also created plenty on the last Clasico.

7. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat
    Maybe my anxiety will leave me for a while now. I need to catch up with other aspects of life.

I cannot deny that I am upset, disappointed, sad, MAD, shocked, but I will survive. So will our beloved team, BARÇA. We went out, playing our style, trying, living in the Chelsea half, but...but it's pretty hard when you have Mount Everest in front of you.

We should be proud of our team, VISCA EL BARÇA!!

[​IMG]

8. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    This was the cleanest set of games we've played in a long time, and the Terry red card was completely deserved, so no controversy there. It's utterly bizarre that we beat you this year when we have the worst team in a decade, but this has been the best European rivalry for that period. Good luck in the Copa del Rey, and I genuinely hope we don't see you guys for a year or two; my nerves need some respite.

Also, thanks to all your fans who offered their congratulations on our forum, I know it couldn't have been easy.

9. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    you guys can't win em all.

not having a proper #9 all year had something to do with it and this season players like Pedro and Afellay were not as available so you had to rely more on youngsters to get by more frequently.

anyone who questions Pep is ridiculous. healthy fit teams are the ones who get to the final.

this year some of your key and role players were not fit enough to handle another 50+ game schedule.

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, if they had Ivanovic and Gary Cahill I don't think they would need Terry at all. I mean for all this talk about Barca being the bestest team evah, 6th-place Chelsea still has more depth! :eek: But since they might not have those players (don't know the severity of Cahill's injury), I guess Terry will be missed.

Tomorrow is the real CL final though. Be sure to watch it because the CL final will be shit this year.

11. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because your defense has never been a strongpoint. Even at Barcelona's peak over the last few years, you were liable to cough up a few gift chances to the other team at the back over 90 minutes. Your possession play, intelligent spacing, pressing, energy, and midfield play covered up for your relatively average (read: good but not great) defense at the time.

What you need is a long offseason, a rested Messi, and a healthy Villa. You'll be back next year.

12. FCBTEX

FCBTEX Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Frisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same to you and good luck against whoever you play in the final.

13. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Great post Josie! Though, I am surprised that I am not too sad/angry.

14. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Terry is a thug and plenty more besides, it was his own thuggery that got him sent off. Anyway robben and ribery would have ripped him a new one in the final.

15. FCBTEX

FCBTEX Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Frisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even though you're right in everything you said we still need a couple defenders. Yes our offence and possession were our best form of defence but we're slower getting to the ball in years past and giving it away with poor passing much more than we used to. You need defenders to clear headers on corners and to chase down players on the counters. Xavi and Iniesta can't do that and Buquets, Puyol, and Masch are just too damn slow.

16. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really wanted to see Keita score from the CF position. That would have been insane.

17. FCBTEX

FCBTEX Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Frisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My man of the match goes to the post then Petr Cech. They were a 1-2 combo we just couldn't overcome.

18. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Masch has done as well as can be expected, he's a central midfielder playing as centre half and has been our most consistent defender. And thats the problem, without Abidal, an out of form pique, puyol who's legs are going and Alves who never could defend we were always gng to struggle defensively. And also teams are happy to give the ball to Alves knowing most times he will give it away.

19. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat
    Thanks Andrés. I think I'll be OK. :( Life goes on...

20. FCBTEX

FCBTEX Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Frisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't get me wrong I think Masch is a trooper and has transitioned well into a CB but he is playing out of his natural position and is not fast either. The loss of Abidal has been crucial and we need a player like him who can play at CB in the summer.

21. Dos Santos

Dos Santos Member

Jun 9, 2007
    So.Cal
    Macherano has been awful! Dude has no idea how to cover on counters. I blame him on the Drogba goal in the first leg.

And when the ball is at his feet you just feel he's going to screw it up with a bad pass.

22. FCBTEX

FCBTEX Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Frisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he did f*** up by whiffing on the ball by being out of position but Adriano's lazy ass should have been on Drogba. That's where we really miss Abidal.

23. Dos Santos

Dos Santos Member

Jun 9, 2007
    So.Cal
    Yeah, two players i miss the most. Villa and Abi. But Abi's healthy is way more important. Wish him a speedy recovery and hopefully can play again.

But still Macherano makes me very nervous when he's around the ball.

24. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think the schedule did barca in, real madrid a few days ago and then the semis for the champions league?+ suspect decisions by pep just put the nail in the coffin.

messi should not have played 90 both games, he doesnt have the mental fortitude to do such feats.

to be honest, if pep stays, messi needs to go.

25. FCBTEX

FCBTEX Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Frisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Messi needs to go????? Are you crazy neither guy needs to do anything. This team will reload and be back next season.