Teams for Whom Refs Tilt Games and Wigan - Other Teams Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by JamesA, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    Amazing pass.

2. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    But Ronnie doesn't show up in big games.

3. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Brilliant goal there from Madrid.

4. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That was all Ozil and Ronnie....

5. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I wonder if we look back on that as a watershed moment for Barcelona? A turning point?

6. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Dani Alves.....:rolleyes:....

7. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    want Madrid to win this to be more motivated against Bayern.

8. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Viva Ronaldo!!!......

9. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Somebody check on Vince.....

10. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Barca are hilarious. Desperate for a goal seconds left and they get a FK and no one wants to move forward. When they do take it, it is sent out wide. smh.

anywho, viva ronaldo.

11. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    Viva Ronaldoooo.

Barca never really looked interested in that match.

12. Charleysurf

Charleysurf Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Could be. I'm now thinking Chelsea will knock them out on Tuesday and the world will splutter to explain what has happened to the Barca that were to win everything for the next 5 years.

13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Ha! You are a barca admirer and a German fan through and through. If anything you'd want us destroyed by both.

We won though. Great battle, great win. Glad they fought till the end too, so people wouldn't try to devalue what we have accomplished this season. Thanks to barca for fighting hard and thanks to my team for battling harder.

Last note I love how my boy Cristiano destroyed them. Now all his haters can go and fuuck themselves.

14. Malcolm91

Malcolm91 Member

May 29, 2007
    Brasilia
    Anyone notice the hilarious falloff in organization, fluidity and possession from the barcelona team from the moment Xavi came off? He is just so important to the system. Instead of always having atleast two outlets, Barca players were reduces to 1 or even no outlets from that point on. Madrid was able to control the ball with more relaxation as subconsciously it was clear to them that even if they lost the ball, it wouldn't be nearly as difficult as usual to get it back.

I find it amusing when people say that Thiago or Fabregas can replace Xavi. They are complteley fdifferent players with different instincts. Barca have to find a replacement player soon, or they will be brought back to earth as a good, but not all-time team, as they always were.

15. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Get him on a plane and bring him back from spain :cool:

16. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I always wanted Madrid to win the title this season and I would be happy if they win the Champions League. I want German teams to do well but I'm not beyond crediting the sides that I admire and truly deserve it.

17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    ^^^You have always come off as don't give a damn till recently. The admiration of barcelona made me to believe you would desire them to get the best results. Everyone knows you're a huge German fan so that is self-explanatory. I know you love Ozil (and what a pass!), but never would think you wanted us to win.

Just glad we did. That's a extremely good team we just beat; near impossible to beat them at their own house and we did. Really happy about this lol.

I agree with this.

I have said for a long time now that he is their best player. Messi is great, he is the goal scorer, but the most essential part of their team; their most important player?

Hands down Xavi.

18. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Having said that, Barcelona look definitely deflated at this point. Their ruthlessness and reliance on Messi has come full circle. When he's asked to create there is nobody to pick up the slack and score. Villa's absence is understated here and this may force Guardiola to reshuffle in the summer.

Thinking Chelsea can get the result midweek.

19. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Beautiful counter for the Ronnie goal, sometimes I wonder why dont RM do that more often to Barca, even in this game they could have counter attacked more.

20. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    viva RONNNIEEE :D

Really think Chelsea can get something midweek. Barca did rest some people and looked slightly less interested, but regardless, Chelsea will be buoyed.

21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    We try to.

If you want to know what happens, see Benzema's late through ball to Cristiano. He would have had a second, but poor passing/timeliness/etc.

22. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Has anyone heard from vince ......I am worried about his health :(

23. Malcolm91

Malcolm91 Member

May 29, 2007
    Brasilia
    Absolutely hands down. He is just the embodiment of that team. Without him, they don't function, and without Guardiola's Barcelona, Xavi doesn't function. It is a mutualistic relationship. In this system, Xavi, for me, is an all-time top five player. WHat he does, he does so well and it raises the level of his teams so much. It is truly an interesting phenomenom, because send Xavi to Manchester United or Bayern Munich, he probably doesnt do much and ends up getting benched, much like Rijkaard's Barcelona.

24. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I dont know you started by playing the ball into space with your players to run into, gave Barca problems as athletically Di Maria Ronaldo and Benzema would outdo their opponents then kind of stopped.

25. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Spurs collapse is interesting, I remember Jitty saying they were a real threat and that is the reason top clubs would rob them of their main players and they will start again.