2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying II [R]

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Nurafshon, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    btw, I love your inconsistency theory
    let me get this straight. You base a team's level of competition on their consistency. Okay, than by saying KSA will surprise everyone you must mean that KSA is a very consistant team. In the past three years they have been the most inconsistent team in Asia. Their ranking shows this (92nd I believe). You need to stop giving opinions.

2. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    OH okay, that's what I thought.

3. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yup. I just didn't see the pic...until the. Thanks.

4. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I had a feeling something like this would come up.

I will use the example from 2010 qualification. Iran played South Korea in South Korea and North Korea played Saudi Arabia in Saudi Arabia. Simple solution: have the games in South Korea and North Korea OR Iran and Saudi Arabia! In other words, have the final matches in locations with the same/similar time zones so that you can have the match start at the same time.

5. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yes, I agree with you that it should be done where possible.

6. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Actually, while Saudi Arabia changes coaches a lot but we've been with the same FA since 1998 and that only recently changed.

7. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Stay on topic people. No need to insult other members.

8. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Please stick to talking about AFC World Cup qualification.

I'm not interested in who started what or the geopolitcal status of Asia. So let's just talk about football.

9. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US

Thanks for deleting pages of nonsense. :D

10. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    :eek::eek:

There's no way Saudi is winning all games. Check out last WCQ 2010 results. No one won ALL their games in round 3 and now Saudi out of no where after a lackluster performance in AC 2011 is gonna breeze through AUSTRALIA, Oman, and Thailand? Hell no. Sure they will make it behind Australia or even somehow make it in first place but they ain't winning all their games bro.

China has been disappointing for a while now. They didn't make the last round of WCQ last year either so no it wouldn't be a surprise especially in its group with Iraq and Jordan.

Iran finishing third would indeed be a surprise. You got that one right! I doubt it will happen though under Carlos Quiroz. The worst for Iran is a 2nd place finish. Let's just wait and see I guess ;)

11. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    In the fashion of sah, I would be happy to take a bet that Iran will finish with more points than Saudi. No posting in forum for duration of Round 4 to the loser.

Interested?

12. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Its on!! And any Iranian who is willing to bet is free to do so...

13. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Just to let you know, since I'm a mod here, posting refers to posting about anything which isn't mod related (notes to people to stop derailing etc. excluded).

Good thing about this bet is it should hopefully make the moderating here a lot easier too! ;)

And feel free to have any side bets with anyone, but this is one on one. No point in any other Iranians entering this since the effect will still be you not posting during Round 4.

14. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Don't speak so soon clicky bob. In any case not much point entering this wager if it's only you on the other side since you rarely post here. Now if we had the likes of nimaa and Mani it would be a different matter. Getting a breather from their trolling would make it worthwhile :D

15. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Anybody else? HiJazzey you seem interested.

16. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Heres my interest points for third round

Group a: china, such a terrible campaign for 06 and 10 qualification. Not even making it out of the third round on both occasion. Will they at least make it to final round for at least a chance to qualify and end their 12 yr hunger for football-crazed nation?

Group c; is it Uzis or norks? Forget Syria. Japan will be there. Question is will Uzbekistan or north Korea, which of the two nations will make. I give Uzis more points just because on their recent Asian cup performance. As for norks, their defense is good enough for Asia. But do they have enough fire power to challenge Uzis?.

Group d: I strangely picked Oman instead of Saudi. Saudi, a team of that quality, experience should not hav bowed out of the Asian cup like they did. I still think Saudi has a better chance than Oman. But, I assume Saudis are in for rude awakening for this particular time.

Group e; Iran and toss up between the three nation.

17. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I have to quote my own message since Burning edited it in a way that doesn't make sense. I'm willing to bet with anyone except that woman hater (you know who you are). HiJazzey waiting for your response.

18. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    that's my problem with KSA as well. They were simply awful in the AC. Nothing short of an easy qualification to the next round is gonna fix their reputation (in Asia at least).

19. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    They have what it takes to not be crap. I just hope they realise that a day after we rock them in Riyadh.

20. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The match is in Dammam dude where your players will dry out if humidity.;)

21. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    here is what is gonna happen to Saudi in mid round 3 phase:

poor rijkaard is gonna get fired by Saudi FA before he knows what hit him :D

22. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    yeah chalk me in

23. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I am in ... I say Saudi will qualify to next round ... if not, I will not post in round 4.

24. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Where I lack quantity of posting, I make up with quality! Plus like most others I follow the routine of actually posting around WC time.

Hammad, it's not much of a risk for a Saudi to say Saudi will make it. That's my bet! Odds are Saudi will! And if they don't, then you won't have much of an incentive to post anyway!!