Post-match: Matchday 19: Crew v Earthquakes [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by KCbus, Jul 16, 2011.

1. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    0-0. Keepers both came up large several times.

2. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    You guys are lucky that our entire team ate at Schmidts Sausage Haus before the match, they were too full to move around a lot ;)

3. OU9601

OU9601 Member

Jul 12, 2003
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Busch good, Hesmer good, and I've seen better finishing at a stutterers' convention.

We're in first place. That's all you need to know about MLS this year. That said, tip of the hat to RW, who I've thrown under the bus repeatedly and I expected to fail horribly this year. Of course, we'll see how the rest of all this goes...

4. FC TDG

FC TDG Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    14,109 at CCS tonight, not too bad. Wish they could've been treated to some finishing, but tonight the final touch just wasn't there. Fairly good performance from the guys anyway, and a touching ceremony for Brian.

5. invalid

invalid Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    That game was a bummer. Points feel like they were left on the table, though the keepers putting on the show and Ekpo showing some marbles made it not feel like a waste of time that some 0-0 ties can leave you with.

6. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im way too lazy to look up exact figures, but off the top of my head:
    Top attendance last two years: Goals Scored: Result

v Dallas '10-----0 D
    v LA '10-----0 L
    v Chicago '11----0 L
    v Seattle '10----0 L
    v San Jose '11---0 D

And we wonder why the fans dont show up because?????

7. cbus3

cbus3 Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 9, 2009
    Paxdecke
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    tRR was awful.
    Mendoza was truly not as bad as it may have seemed.
    Ekpo was incredible
    Gaven was awesome.
    Tom was bad, same with JC.

I've come a long way on my opinion of James. I like him back there.

8. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's becoming impossible to figure out what actually goes on listening to the game on radio. I wanna see games again.

9. Big J 0526

Big J 0526 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lots of exciting stuff. Iro and Frenchy chillin in the stands wearing their own kits. Back and forth action. McBride being honored. The only thing missing was a goal.

10. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lots of shots for a no goal game. Wonder what would have happened if the post hadn't saved Hesmer in the first minute. My only complaint is that tRR was not subbed out before Gaven unless Gaven was gassed (I figure Anor is still not quite up to game fitness).

11. cbus3

cbus3 Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 9, 2009
    Paxdecke
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Say whhaaaaaat? Where?

12. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Mendoza came off, the game just seemed to get less opportunistic and headed more to the 0-0 draw. But again, the scoreline was truly decided by Busch's midget paws.

13. patricksp

patricksp 91.9 Crew Fan Rating

Nov 4, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GBS I think was in the house I thought I saw his little terrors running around. Saw that new guy and man does he looks the opposite of Iro, what I mean is that he has some muscle on him. I always thought Iro looked too thin.

14. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nordecke, it looks like...

[​IMG]

15. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gino was here tonight. I'm assuming Guillermo made his way in. I've heard Griffit and Iro were as well.

16. WhiteHartShame

WhiteHartShame Member+

Nov 16, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Overall a good match, but we could not find the back of the net.

Robbie is clueless.

Great match from James.

I like Anor and Gerhig.

The ceremony for McBride was nice.

It's a shame that we did not capture 3 points on our home pitch with a good crowd.

17. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Replay showed that Rogers should have had 3 assists the second half. He was much stronger the second half.

Hesmer was great.

Ekpo was very good again.

Eddie was good first half.

18. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Replay showed that Mendoza had two or three opportunities to lay off square passes and chose to shoot.

19. JerryLegend

JerryLegend New Member

May 29, 2011
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Kind of an emotional night with all the things going on. McBride honored. Having Guille and Gino there hanging out. Saying our last goodbyes and chanting our last "O-H IRO"s at Andy as he was cool enough to hang out and show his love his love for us. Having to watch Lenhart come back to ccs wearing another team's jersey.

I'm ready for tRR to get traded. It just isn't working.

Am I blind or did Mendoza go back to his old ways with not coming over to the Nordecke after the match? He just seemed off tonight.

20. JayFunkeyFresh

Jul 10, 2004
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard someone in the bathroom after the match say GBS tried to make his way into the Nordecke but security didn't recognize him and thus wouldn't let him in. This sounded like the ramblings of a really drunk guy. Did anyone else hear this?

21. Devilmycare

Devilmycare Member

May 3, 2010
    Warren, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah Red Bull drew and Philly plays today. So no we aren't in first place that is why lethal finishing is required. We have blown opportunities to take first place at least 3 times this year by dropping points. It's getting old watching this club choke this way.

22. Micheluzzo

Micheluzzo Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we ended up drawing because that early one that ithe post DIDN'T go in. Maybe we need to go down by 1 early in order to get inspired and score goals. Gehrig proved that he is more of a good player & less of an extra from Point Break. Towards the end of the game my 10 year old niece asked me "Where's that Renteria guy?".

23. Devilmycare

Devilmycare Member

May 3, 2010
    Warren, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She's right how injured can he be? Its been forever. He could have recovered from a compound fracture by now.

24. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the main reason we didn't win is that no one from SJ was sent off. We just aren't used to 90 minutes of 11v11.

25. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    Guille, Gino, and their families sat in 128, four rows in front of me tonight. Griffit was over there, too, on the aisle. Frenchman was dressed to the nines. It was a sight to behold. I didn't see Tchani, don't know where he was sitting. I am truly sorry I missed seeing, saying goodbye to Iro. I thought McBride's speech was genuinely moving--particularly that part where he was clearly choked up, around the "Thanks to Lamar" part. Props to the Nordecke for the "Thank you, Brian" chant and it was a relief to see him and his family make his way to the corner.

The game was a little bit of a bore. Bernardo Anor is ********ing good. Easily the steal of the season thus far. Maybe for any team. I still can't believe we had as good as a draft as we had this year. I actually thought Robbie had a good game tonight. Sure, he had some embarrassments too (like when he tripped over the ball). He finish still sucks but his attack was great. Gardner is good, too. Miranda is the best player we have. Watching Chad and Lenhart jaw was worthy of its own reality show. It was hilarious. At times, they were even laughing. Lenhart and James, meanwhile, was also fun to watch but was NOT playful. It had an edge.