Austin Berry on trial with Örebro SK

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by iamalfred, Jun 30, 2011.

1. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    The club is looking to replace the central defender they just sold to Belgium. They are now bringing in a couple of trialists for the position, one of them being american Austin Berry.

http://www.uoflsports.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/berry_austin00.html

The director of sports commented that Berry was actually supposed to show up yesterday but will instead arrive within the next few days. No reason specified or any further quotes available at this time.

2. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    This guy is a local kid so I hope he does well! Not a very good first impression though, showing up late....

3. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    When I saw him at the last College Cup, I thought he looked like a potential MLS player. Sweden would be a good opportunity also.

5. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    [​IMG]

There was an article on Berry in the paper today. It kind of paints him out to be a defensive saviour after yesterdays poor performance, which might be a bit premature to say the least. Berry describes himself as fast, athletic, and good in the air. He will stay with the club until the 9th and also comments:

"I've trained with the team twice now. Quality wise it feels like a good level and the players are nice people. The idea is for me to return to the US and finish the autumn season but you never know what might happen. Todays game was more even then what the result showed. The first goal was really shitty and Elfsborg didn't create much before Örebro started gambling towards the end."

6. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team: