Emerson Hyndman at Atlanta United (on loan from Bournemouth)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by dcpohl, Mar 24, 2008.

1. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Wow, considering that list of players, including guys I've played with, that is a very, very bold statement. Bruno and Maykel are two excellent players in my opinion.

If a 15 year old is better than those two guys he is something really special.

2. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Hehe ... I thought he was talking about Malaga.

3. alky13

alky13 Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Manchester/NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we have any videos of Hyndman and his playing style. Not gonna lie. I try to avoid players under 16. There's just too many variables to a young kid plying his trade in football.

4. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Small guys really should avoid England (and Scotland, and probably Germany too) whenever possible.

PS. As a side note, the Scottish FA appointed Marc Wotte (an ex-PSV and Feyenoord GM) as the head of their "player development" program. Obviously, they're tired of their reputation as unskilled thugs and want to return to the olden era of Dalglish, Lorimer, Souness, Jordan, Gemill and Co.

5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I saw that he got on the field for FCD's reserves in their last match........

Did you ever hear anything about his trials in Spain with Mallorca and others? I guess he went, but so far nothing has materialized.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/2617...dallas-academys-emerson-hyndman-on-trial-with

Did we ever determine if he has the ability to get a Euro passport? Being of a family from Macau (Macanese?).....................perhaps he has the ability to get a Portuguese passport thru a family member?

6. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I seem to recall reading fairly recently (last couple of months, maybe?) in some linked article--perhaps in this very thread--that he had or was eligible for a Portuguese passport.

Edit: Here you go, from post #137.

7. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone get this kid a doctor's prescription for HGH.

8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Rumors continue to swirl amongst the FCD fans regarding Emerson's move to Fulham.

Note the following tweet from a fellow bigsoccer poster.

TXFutgol Texas Futgol
    by NCAAsoccer
    Tacit confirmation from Barry Gorman over the weekend, Emerson Hyndman is off to fulhamfc
    3 hours ago

Discerning eyes will also note that Emerson wasn't playing with either the FCD U16s or U18s at this past weekend's development academy playoffs. In fact, he's no longer listed on either roster.

[Barry Gorman is FCD's technical director.]

9. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    what's the ruse that fulham will use. he's not yet 18. or did i miss that he got a euro passport.

10. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Academy deal???

11. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    He'd still need a passport to move abroad since he's u16 unless a parent moves with him for non footballing reasons.

I'm pretty sure Schellas has a Portuguese passport. If he does then Emerson can apply for one this would grant him free movement at age 16. He just turned 15 though....

12. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  13. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hyndman Learning the Ropes at Fulham
    “He has had quite a few opportunities whether it was different clubs in Europe, Spain, Portugal, England,” Hyndman, the coach, said. “He seized the opportunity to go and train at Fulham. And he’s over there now training and he loves it, sometimes playing with the U-16s sometimes with the U-18s. He’s growing and developing and he’s in an environment that brings the best out of him, he’s still got the technical ability, and he loves it. ”

14. Tom Collingsworth

Jun 14, 2011
    North Carolina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Friedel'sAccent is this another thread were technical issues won't allow for a thread title change?

15. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just tested, and the change went through this time. Wanna shoot me a PM with the other titles you wanted changes? Busy mods need reminders...because DK won't let us hire interns.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  16. Tom Collingsworth

Jun 14, 2011
    North Carolina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha alright, looking over the threads and will shoot you a PM with a list shortly.

17. FakeFlopper

FakeFlopper Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Damn, is he really 5'1. I know that soccer isn't all about size, and he could be a late bloomer, but that's really small. At the same time, that tells you how much skill this kid must have at this point.

18. Tom Collingsworth

Jun 14, 2011
    North Carolina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not anymore that was a while back and he just turned 17 so he's still growing. Fulham had him listed at like 5'4 1/2 last time I checked but supposedly he's like 5'6 or 5'7 now.

19. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Man, I remember when Emerson was like 3 feet tall, no exaggeration.

given, he was something like 8 years old :D

20. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Yup. We shouldn't be concerned about this. By the time he stops growing he'll probably be Luka Modric sized.....................(5'8"-5'9"). And that's fine.

21. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I didn't see this posted - from last year where he scored hat trick.

22. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from cloudy to sunny to rainy to cloudy...ah the English weather...and that was a pk!!!
    ;-)