Its true agudelo

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by academyinfo, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. academyinfo

academyinfo New Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Told you first here a few days ago!!!

RED BULLS JUAN AGUDELO AND TIM REAM EARN
    FIRST CALL-UPS TO U.S. MEN’S NATIONAL TEAM
    AGUDELO, REAM TO FACE SOUTH AFRICA NOV. 17

SECAUCUS, NJ (Nov. 11, 2010) – New York Red Bulls forward Juan Agudelo and defender Tim Ream were among the 18 players who were called into U.S. Men’s National Team head coach Bob Bradley’s squad for the team’s match against South Africa on Wednesday, Nov. 17 at 2:00 PM ET at Green Point Stadium in Cape Town, South Africa (TV: ESPN2, Galavision). This is the first-ever senior national team call-up for both players, who just concluded their first seasons in Major League Soccer and will leave for South Africa on Friday.

“Being called up to the U.S. Men’s National Team is a dream come true from me,” Agudelo said. ”I am a bit surprised that this has come so soon, but I am looking forward to work hard and show the coaches what I can provide on the field.”

“I’m very excited to be called into my first national team camp,” Ream said. “Ever since I joined Major League Soccer, it has always been a goal of mine to play for my country and I am eager to contribute what I can to the squad.”

The first Red Bulls Academy product to start and feature in a Major League Soccer game, Agudelo became the fourth youngest player in League history to start a playoff match when he had a breakout performance in a 1-0 win over the San Jose Earthquakes on Oct. 30. Less than a week later, the 17-year-old from Barnegat, NJ started again and earned an assist in New York’s 3-1 loss to San Jose on Nov. 4. Signed to the Red Bulls first team on March 26, 2010, Agudelo appeared in two regular season matches and three Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup games. On the international level, Agudelo, one of the first two alumni from U.S. Soccer’s Development Academy to participate in a full National Team training camp, has featured for the U.S. Under-20 National Team in several competitions and scored in the Milk Cup Championship in Northern Ireland over the summer, helping the Americans win the tournament.

Ream, a finalist for the MLS Rookie of the Year, was one of two players in MLS this year and one of three rookies all-time to start and play in every minute of every regular season game. The former Saint Louis University product tallied one goal and helped the team concede an Eastern Conference-low 29 goals and earn 13 shutouts – both of which are franchise records. Along with the 30-game regular season schedule, Ream also started in New York’s two playoff games. The 23-year-old was drafted in the second round (18th overall) in the 2010 MLS SuperDraft after playing four seasons at Saint Louis and being named the 2009 Atlantic 10 Conference Defensive Player of the Year.

2. RolexEmbezzled

RolexEmbezzled New Member

May 30, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You sir, win teh internets.

3. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Would have been funny seeing someone suggest this 30 days ago. Timing is everything.

4. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA