Breakers vs. Crybaby FC

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by REVS FAN 1, Aug 2, 2010.

1. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing out of order was said....Hope is a crazy person plain and simple.

Hope goes to South Africa and praises the supporters over there....asking how we can get them in the womens game. I wonder if she heard what the English supporters were saying to Landon Donovan....and is wife! I wonder if she heard what the Mexican supporters say to the opposing GK every goalkick??

Hope wants everybody cheering for her because she is the best GK in the world.....Maybe she should leave professional soccer and play exhibitions the rest of her career! Maybe she wants to hear only the voices of 10 year old girls that scream for Mia when the Freedom aren't even in town?

When Landon Donovan comes to town and plays in a Galaxy jersey or puts on an Everton jersey he is my enemy for 90+ minutes! I will say things to him that I would never say before or after the match! When he puts on the US strip he is an American hero. The best player to ever play for the US and he knows it! Landon (and others) accept it and thrive off the opposing supporters looking to do nothing more than to score and stick it to them...

Hope just cries and hopes the team or the league will shut up all those mean people in that "fan club" First of all, you psycho, we are a Supporters Group not a fan club! We have no affiliation with the Boston Breakers whatsoever...And you can never shut us up! Even if you should manage to keep ALL the shots out of your net and your side manages a win....We will be even louder in defeat....Especially when playing you!

As for the specific chants etc? Ask any of the Breakers staffers that were laughing for 45 minutes...Or any of the people standing behind Hope's goal. Including Lil's husband who said we did a great job, that Hope was going crazy and we were in her head! Is he a racist, sexist, profane hooligan too Hope??

She calls us racist/sexist/profane in hopes that the Breakers or WPS will shut us up...that will not happen! In fact, it's just fuel on the fire to a supporter!

She's gets pissed that she let in 2 goals and she uses Riptide as a scapegoat to blow off little kids and "fans" that came to see her.....At least one of which came from St. Louis and stood with us in The Dock...with an Athletica scarf!

For the record, she said that we said nothing wrong and Hope was just pissed!

I'd like to know what Mary Harvey and Tonya Antonucci have to say about her blowing off not only the little kids in Autograph Alley but the media! This league needs the media to help sell this league....

She is a crybaby and a poor teammate. She earned that title in 2007 and hasn't done anything since to disprove it....

See you in Connecticut on August 21st Hope.....You ain't heard nothing yet!

:D

2. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Mike, leave her out of it hahha.

4. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking as the head of a fellow fan club, this is something you should demand resolution on. First off, I know you all well enough to be highly skeptical of the accusation. And, secondly, if she has an issue with something like this, tweeting about it is not the appropriate way of dealing with it. (But then Solo has a history of not dealing with matters appropriately.) I will be contacting the league, and I think you should, too.

5. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's being handled....on several fronts.

thanks!

6. TheStatsGuy

TheStatsGuy Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Somewhere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry I missed all the fun. Just couldn't make the trip accross state for this or the Revs Stupidliga game. Been a tough year for soccer on my front, everyone seems to be getting married right now!

I'll be at the Sky Blue game Mike, but will be on my way back from Ohio for the CT game unfortunately.

7. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    This is pretty serious stuff with regards to the racism charge. If Hope can actually explain herself well, the fans in question should be banned and the team fined. If she can't, she should be fined and suspended for trying to incite a race riot out of thin air.

I like the Riptide response on their website. I hope you guys are in the right here.

Hope's lucky she wasn't born male and keeping goal in MLS, 'keepers there deal with 10x worse.

Tacticly, this is an incredibly stupid move on Hope's part. I've said for years that, for such a high level athlete, she's incredibly emotionally fragile. Reactions like this will only encourage fans to come after her with more zest. To not sign for kids over this is stupid beyond words.

Who would have been subjected to a racist chant? I doubt Solo - anything coming from those on the team who might have been?

Finally, assuming no racist chants were actually involved, she should be grateful any fans give enough of a crap about WPS and their team to bother with razzing the opposition. The example I always trot out is Brandi Chastain - in July 2001 (inaugural WUSA season) in DC, the Crusaders were serenading her with derogatory (but clean) chants whenever she was within earshot. After the game, she came over and THANKED us for being passionate enough about the league to do such a thing. She got how it worked (it didn't hurt for her that the C-Rays got a stoppage-time winner, but I got the idea she was coming over regardless) and understood the need for people to really care about the competition in WUSA.

If you want a thriving pro league, not everyone is going to love you. Hope should really learn to shut up and focus on what she does best - keep balls out of nets.

8. mskenny

mskenny Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Ashland, MA
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unlike the other newspaper in town, the Herald sent a reporter to the game. The report is here.

9. p-nutz

p-nutz Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    I've got Jason Derulo -Ridin Solo in my head cause of this

We are the Breakers, You are the Beat
    like wheels on the bus you can't stop the tweets
    She's Solo, we're ridin Solo
    We're ridin Solo, Solo

no? lol *cringe*

10. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Definitely she can't make comments like that without backing it up with proof.
    I

11. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree! I'll go one step further...If Hope can prove her racist claims I'll jump off the Tobin Bridge!!!

It's not like we're talking about a Supporters Section with a thousand people in it here....We had like 12 people ffs! Everyone can hear what everyone else was saying....and nothing worse than "YOU SUCK" was said....If she considers that "profane" I suggest she turn off Nickelodeon!

I certainly hope Shawn McGee and Andy Crossley speak with any number of the Breakers staffers walking by our section, supporters/vendors located behind Solo's net and even the 10 yr old ball girl that was standing less than 5feet from us....Maybe speak with the Athletica fan/Hope Solo supporter that flew in from St. Louis to see her....The same person she blew off after the match...She stood with us for 90+ minutes

They'll all say that nothing out of order was said....

It wouldn't surprise me if Hope misinterpreted something we said.....What exactly IDK. She came into the stadium expecting the worst and she did everything in her power to hear what she wanted to hear....She thought nothing of coming over to our section last year after a loss to Athletica to taunt us (BTW that was awesome!) but when the table is turned she starts her whining...

Late in the game, down 2 goals, she's wasting time by reacting to us and stopping play on a goalkick....clearly we are in her head and she doesn't like it!

Charging a soccer supporters group of racism is the worst thing anyone could ever do....Racism is unacceptable on any level as is making baseless accusations of such.....

I look forward to the conclusion of the "information gathering process" I just hope the apology is as complete and widely "tweeted" as the accusation!

Who's going to New Britain, CT on the 21st???

:D

12. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When are you buying your seat on the bus?

13. Hope Solo Fan Belgiu

Oct 2, 2007
    All I have to say

I was in 2008 in Frankfurt for Uefa Women's Cup Final those fokes where booing on marta a whole game.
    now as you not many people like FFC Frankfurt in Germany and Europe.
    There fans are always a bit "unsportive" Now the Breakers fans already ...did something like this towards Hope last year when she was Boston with the Athletica. (read article the bad girl of womensoccer)
    All I want to say is please Boston DO NOT BECAME THE FRANKFURT OF USA. YOU HAVE GREAT PLAYERS, SOME OTHER FANS WITH BRAINS IN THERE HEAD. If neccary I would ban the riptide. Beter ben 10 no brain people then became the most disliked team of WPS by the other teams and there fans

14. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I say to Breakers fans, if you feel like booo-ing Hope Solo next time she's in town then do it. You pay to get in. As long as you're not using profanity, racial slurs or false personal attacks or physically hurting someone, I think you have every right to root or boo as you please.

You pay the bills.

You guys need to recruit more people for the next Breakers/Beat game and come up with some "Solo" chants/songs.

15. StarCityFan

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's unsportive about booing a player who's on the opposing team? Point me to a league where this isn't standard fan behavior!

And you're saying you'd ban a bunch of the most enthusiastic fans of the league because they hurt Hope Solo's feelings? If Solo can't handle being jeered, then she has no business being a professional soccer player.

If there is evidence of racist taunts, that's one thing, but if the league doesn't find such evidence but lets Hope Solo get away with lying about fans she doesn't like, my support for WPS will vanish in a puff of smoke.

16. pressurecooker

Feb 22, 2009
    Boston
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having heard the Riptide all season, including last night. They did nothing wrong. Although they are a bit harsher toward Solo than other goalkeepers they haven't chanted anything that I haven't heard at any other sporting events, and CERTAINLY nothing racist.

My only question is if Hope can't handle 15 people taunting her from a supporters group, how is she going to be in Germany where 10's of thousands of people will be taunting her. This is part of being a pro athlete to deal with these things, it isn't all birthday cakes with 8 year old girls at a soccer camp. If she can't handle it perhaps she should be playing in the W-league.

17. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Agree 100%!!!

18. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Bingo.

19. StarCityFan

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you want to make your views known to the league, I'd suggest contacting the league's Chief Operating Officer, Mary Harvey, at firstname.lastname@womensprosoccer.com.* I have already done so in my official capacity as president of the Freedom Fighters.

*Email messed with to avoid harvesting for spam.

20. Hope Solo Fan Belgiu

Oct 2, 2007
    that's the thing that kinda happend in the game in ausburg (?)
    last year when Wambach score 0-1 won by USA.
    Maybe its worse to handle when 15 people do that to you then 1000 cause when 15 peolple do that to you you really hear what they say...

21. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Maybe this is what the league needs. A real rivalry.

The soccer moms and dads with their little kids are great and are a must demographic but its the passionate, engaged fans like the ones the Boston Breakers have that are going to sustain this league and give it creds as a real pro league.

This league needs fans like Riptide.

You can only hope that Atlanta fans can come up with an answer to Riptide when the Breakers visit Atlanta.

22. KATref

KATref Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Stow, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope we ARE the most disliked fans by every other team in the league! That is the job of a supporter's group! A professional should be able to ignore or at least tolerate jeering from the crowd. At last year's game she also accused us of making statements no one had made. When her team beat us the next time around she was very happy to come and talk smack to us. She is just a sore loser and a whiner.

23. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If I didn't have a weekend tournament myself on the 21st of this month, I'd have half a mind to fly from Chicago to CT just watch the show.

Solo has now energized the Riptide to double in size when the Beat come into town on the 21st.

24. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  25. suitablyamused

suitablyamused New Member

Apr 27, 2003
    Raymond, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution