Who will stop the GERMANS now?

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: General' started by RobbyRobson, Jul 3, 2010.

1. FutbolCrazy

FutbolCrazy BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 5, 2002
    Colorado
    Oh come on, the Germans owned the Argies. It is okay to crow about them.

2. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Spain can beat Germany but they will have to be more direct instead of their constant Powder Puff Girl passing.

They need to mix up more direct play and counter attacks or the German defence will never be streched to find any holes.

3. lowlands

lowlands New Member

Jul 2, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Youre so right...I think Germany played very well today...Almost couldnt believe it...Really congrats from Holland. Think it's going to be the Netherlands-Germany in the finals...Epic match!!!

4. Ian Curtis

Ian Curtis New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

I'd love to see that. All hail the Germanic family of Languages!;)

5. eliostar1

eliostar1 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    So much for the South American domination :eek:

6. AllStarz

AllStarz Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Funny, first we had the unbeatable Brazil, which turned out to be not so unbeatable and now we've got invincible Germany. :rolleyes:

Serbia did stop Germany or not?

With all due respect, Germany probably plays the best football of this tournament, but no team is unbeatable for which I think these kind of threads are plain stupid.

7. Kalle_11

Kalle_11 Member

May 7, 2008
    Do you have a point to make? This Germany team came into this tournament with everyone dismissing them. Everyone wants to make excuses why they win so well...well, winning the way they did against this argie side should quiet everyone....respect is now desereved.

8. AllStarz

AllStarz Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well, what did I say? That the German team probably plays the best football, but that doesn't make you unbeatable. Besides, several analysts in Holland have predicted that Germany would win the WC from the early beginning of the tournament - even though they did not play well at the time.

This is has nothing to do with being disrespectful, in the Argentina-Germany topic I've congratulated you, but let's be frank, Germany is as unbeatable as Brazil is, if you like.

Edit: If you believe that Germany is invincible indeed, I'd like you to elaborate how you have come to the conclusion that Germany is going to win from Spain (if they get to the semi finals).

9. lowlands

lowlands New Member

Jul 2, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    But I also remember this: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amotCPk7kKE"]YouTube- de dramatische WK finale 1974 van Nederland[/ame]
    The Netherlands played great football in 1974 and Germany didnt play that well...but they did win. Maybe we will see history repeats itself, only thing is the Netherlands is going to win. We wont play great soccer but we will win...

10. clyde76778

clyde76778 New Member

Jun 14, 2010
    As far as the original Question, I think Spain has the Best chance even though they have not been playing the best soccer.

Germany seems to play good ball when they want too but still allow the other Teams get possession and in the end zone more than they should. As seen with Argentina, Argentina had plenty of chances to score but did not, Messi was off his game big time.

Netherlands may have a chance , but their 2 goals against Brazil were not the best.

Uruguay and Paraguay are nothing special, one won by cheating at that and the other by Penalties,

Therefore I see Spain and Netherlands as their only 2 Rivals, and would go with Spain if they are in playing their zone.

11. vhatever

vhatever Red Card

Jun 16, 2010
    USA

I though netherlands looked terrible in that final, actually. Should have been 3-0 for Germany. Cheating English ref.

12. Tomislav III

Tomislav III New Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sure they have.

This Germany only got its first cup in 1990.

West Germany no longer exists, so I refuse to count it to Germany.

13. vhatever

vhatever Red Card

Jun 16, 2010
    USA
    Germany dominates possession until they put a goal up. After that, they fall back bit and try to score by counter attacking.

14. Ian Curtis

Ian Curtis New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

The Federal Republic of Germany didn't stop existing, East Germany became part of it.

15. vhatever

vhatever Red Card

Jun 16, 2010
    USA

Are you serious or are you trolling?

16. TheBoss84

TheBoss84 Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Germany
    ^^ For your information West Germany as it is called vaguely is actually BRD(Bundesrepublik Deutschland). As of now Germany still is Bundesrepublik Deutschland. After the wall fell there was a contract made (2+4 Vertrag if im not mistaken) In which "West Germany" (BRD) was going to annex the other 4 states from the east.

As for the game, we have had two great performances so far, but every game is a different story and im pretty sure the players are well aware of that. I think if Spain goes through we can beat them, if we again play as organized and concentrated as we did today.

17. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    He did have a point to make, and a very valid one. Germany is not unstoppable. Let's be real, they're great, probably the best team left, but Argentina's defense is the definition of poor. Respect deserved, yes. You seem more inclined to have everyone worship them.

18. Cirdan

Cirdan Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Jena (Germany)
    Serbia already proved that this Germany is not unbeatable ;)

A bit of bad luck, a stupid mistake by a player or the ref, who knows if we'll be able to replace Müller... I'm of the same opinion as AllStarz. Unfortunately, we're probably the favourites now, but there are still 2 matches to be played.

19. Kalle_11

Kalle_11 Member

May 7, 2008
    Well, of course, they are not invincible, and can lose on any day. 'm just tired of the excuses of why they win....and so convincingly. They just embarrassed one of the tourni favourites.
    They have a long way to go no doubt, but lets give them some credibility.....its much deserved.

20. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    All I've seen today is people giving them immense respect. More so than I've seen in a while of any team. Just because it is said that they won because the Argentine defense sucks doesn't take anything away from Germany. Other teams couldn't do anything against that defense and Germany destroyed it.

21. Ian Curtis

Ian Curtis New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

That's just the way things go in football. No one ever achieves anything, the opposition just screws up. Goals are never scored because of offensive skill, only because of defensive incompetence. It's one of the more annoying things about the media and (many of the) fans in this sport.

22. Kalle_11

Kalle_11 Member

May 7, 2008
    Yup, if your no Spain or some other media favourite, forget about getting some respect. Sure, now everyone is giving the Germans respect, but it takes 3 thrashings to get it.

23. dhakaia

dhakaia New Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, the Dutch come pretty close... and slower. As big of a fan i am of them, i'll be the first to admit that they pass the ball back to the goalie more than any other team... one part of total football i never liked. The best fast forward passing team in this WC was Chile... along with speed and tight dribbling skills of players like Alexis Sanchez, they were very enjoyable to watch!

On topic... the trick to beating Germany would be to score the first goal and go on a 4-5-1 formation. Letting the first goal in, will not help the cause at all... as they are without a doubt the best counter attacking team in the WC.

24. TOFC/ARSENAL

TOFC/ARSENAL Member

Jan 20, 2007
    After today, England should not feel so bad. At least they scored twice against Germany. Had the second goal counted, the outcome might have been different but probably not.

They certainly acquitted themselves better than the Argies.

25. bootroom

bootroom New Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I personally dont think you can compare 2 different games to each other. Its not fair. I think Argentina looked better than England did against Germany. England had 1 spell and Argentina had a few spells. It comes down to the final 3rd of the field.
    http://www.ussoccercoaches.com