Title Game April 4 if Wave Hosts

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by skipper60601, Mar 9, 2010.

1. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Wave website indicates the MISL title game will be held Sunday April 4 if Milwaukee hosts it.

2. Dave K

Dave K Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Gloucester, NJ
    Only the Wave would hold the title game on Easter Sunday. Way to go.

3. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    And my birthday!

4. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Great News... all this done for FifaMan!!

I can go now....

Please make it later in the day Peter.. better yet, just lose 2 of your last 3 games, and Baltimore will win all 3 and host Sat 4/3:)

5. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Peter
    Why wouldn't you push back until the 4/10 weekend? Would give you another week to sell tickets

6. Taz-Master

Taz-Master Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Real bright to have the game on Easter Sunday. How cocky is it that they posted the date to host even though that haven't clinched yet?

7. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Cocky? That's pretty smart to post the date so people can make plans.

8. Taz-Master

Taz-Master Member

Dec 12, 2005
    I bother by this statment from the MISL website.

"After winning Sunday, the Wave are 11-6. Rockford (6-11) is already unable to catch them. Baltimore (10-7) and Philadelphia (6-9) meet each other two more times, and no matter how those games turn out, one of them will also finish behind Milwaukee:"

So bascially saying even with 3 games left, The Wave have locked up the regular season title.

9. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    hmmm - Easter Sunday? WWWS?
    What Would Wife Say??
    Now - how to plot that out?? roses?? candy??
    hmm....

10. Dave K

Dave K Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Gloucester, NJ
    Not only do I now hope that Monterrey beats Milwaukee on Sunday, I hope Martinez punts a rocket off of Tozer's bald head and those cartoon birds fly around old Wally Walrus for good measure.

As a bonus, have Kante shoot for the goal, maybe he can knock some sense into Peter Wilt wherever he is sitting LOL

11. Dave K

Dave K Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Gloucester, NJ
    Let's check the events calendar:

US Cellular Arena
    There are no events scheduled at US Cellular Arena on April 2, 2010

US Cellular Arena
    There are no events scheduled at US Cellular Arena on April 3, 2010

US Cellular Arena
    There are no events scheduled at US Cellular Arena on April 4, 2010

Somehow, Milwaukee managed to screw up with that availablity. I can't wait to see Joe Hammes take on a 2nd grader for a trip to the Bahamas as the halftime entertainment of the Championship game. Maybe they can get Carl Edwards to board the kid if he gets the lead in a race.

12. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe they don't want to go up against the NCAA men's basketball semifinals on April 3.

13. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They did use the word IF in capital letters. I don't think they should be criticized for trying to drum up interest in the game when it is very likely they will be hosting it.

14. Dave K

Dave K Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Gloucester, NJ
    Friday night is open. Saturday afternoon is open (and they are notorious for early afternoon starts, say like 2pm). They scheduled a potential CHAMPIONSHIP game at dinnertime on EASTER SUNDAY. The crazy old Iraqi defense minister came up with better material then this. Even he thought this idea was idiotic.

15. Taz-Master

Taz-Master Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Understand that, but to assume it's already been settled is another story. Really dosen't matter, cause if the Blast do go up their, it's in their favor. They've won 2 titles up their.

16. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, you don't understand because they said the championship game would be on April 4 IF they host it. They are not saying it's a sure thing. But even the most ardent Blast fan would have to admit it's very likely.

17. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Friday night is Good Friday so that has drawbacks, too. Saturday afternoon would conflict with an NCAA semifinal. I agree that Easter Sunday is not a great choice, but maybe there's a reason we don't know about that makes it the best alternative. If you are going to play on Easter, then early evening is probably the best time.

18. Taz-Master

Taz-Master Member

Dec 12, 2005
    The Wave Typically love Sunday games cause they other team will have to travel earlier and have less down time before the game.

Before a team would play saturday night, and then either have to fly out late saturday or early sunda morning. It all has to do with trying to get an advantage.

19. Dave K

Dave K Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Gloucester, NJ
    Won't matter in the title game, both teams will have at least a week's rest. Milwaukee will have 2 weeks if they host.

I am confused on how a 2pm Saturday (1pm Milwaukee) start would conflict with the final four which starts at 6:15pm on the east coast and 5:15 in the Midwest. If the game went 2 hours and you had an hour to celebrate after the game you would still barely miss any of the first game.

20. Dave K

Dave K Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Gloucester, NJ
    Maybe the Wave are superstistious, since they know what happened the last time the Wave and Blast met on Good Friday for the Championship in 2003 at the Bradley Center. :D

21. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was that the game where Lance Johnson scored the three pointer that was really a two pointer that enabled the Blast to win by a point when there should have been an OT? :D

22. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Yes it was Art "Crybaby" Kramer

get over it:)

23. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    With all those open dates Easter seems like a strange choice. Maybe Peter could chime in as to the thinking there. I had 0% chance of going if it was Saturday, but on Sunday it goes up to 25% so I am happy.

24. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    are you married???

25. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    The unobtainable title is now up for grabs after years of being the over developed bully of the playground.

Easter has nothing to do with it being a bad call. Every major and minor league sport who operates through a major holiday sets aside an A level affair on the schedule, this match is no different.