RSL Supporter Events in Seattle

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Ismitje, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about we centralize event planning in this thread? Anything that is open for everyone, put it here. Hopefully we learn of a with-the-team something for Saturday night.

2. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great idea ish, i was going to suggest a thread like this.
    While I dont have any plans as to what/where we could do things, I think there should be something the night before or morning/day of the game to work on songs, chants, banners, etc. This could be a great way to figure out who is where, where to put our stuff, etc.

Hopefully the FO helps us out here, but if not, we will have to get it organized (by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest probably)

3. ajr_RSL

ajr_RSL Member

Sep 26, 2007
    Mesa, Az
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what about durring the game? if you guys are going to sit upper bowl it would be great to see RSL colored confetti and streamers come down from above

4. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i will bring some, hopefully others do as well

5. keeptheslinrsl

Mar 17, 2008
    Section 26!
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll bring some streamers too, and will have my flags, and a few banners. Pyramid has that big room upstairs that they stuffed us all in, maybe we can reserve that. Its withing spitting distance of the stadium.

6. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of flags and such, does anyone know what is and is not allowed in the stadium? I'd like to know before I pack anything for the trip.

7. Silamanagic

Silamanagic Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Feb 23, 2007
    The Sounders supporters groups are having what seems like some pretty cool events that all are welcome for. Could probably get some insider on where the excellent places are to hang from those guys. Below is a link to scheduled events.

http://sounderscouncil.com/summit/

8. Silamanagic

Silamanagic Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Feb 23, 2007
    Does anybody know where RSL will be staying in Seattle? I'm heading out and would like to stay at the same place in hopes of running into some of the guys hanging out in the lobby.

9. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone wants to organize something formal at one of the bars, a SSFC fan who runs one of the SGs (Emerald City Supporters) offered to lend his contacts and help set it up. Since my family and I won't be bar patrons, I asked if he minded if I pass along the offer to someone better suited for such a task. Let me know . . .

10. SaltLakeKiddy

SaltLakeKiddy New Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Liberty Park
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I really, really, really hope that the FO puts together a sign/banner making event. I think it would be a lot of fun to work on them together, sharing ideas and tweaking punch lines.

Traveling with posters will not be fun. Neither will be trying to get out to find a stationary store in a city I don't know without a car.

Saturday early evening, leading into a saturday night with-the-team dinner or at least a "rally" would be fantastic. Give the local news something to run on their late saturday broadcasts, and some footage ESPN promos.

Please FO, make this trip as memorable as possible.

11. nsps

nsps Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to arrive until Sunday morning, but I'd love to get in on any pre- or post-game happenings then. If anyone has mass-texting capabilities (and I unfortunately don't with my crappy old phone) and will have a pulse on post-game happenings, they could make a little phone list to update people's cells. Hopefully that won't be necessary and we'll all know the plan beforehand.

12. ajr_RSL

ajr_RSL Member

Sep 26, 2007
    Mesa, Az
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sounds like everyone is going to be in section 338.... would be great if some one could get that ribbon/cloth material in RSL colors to run up and down section 338... depending on which side the cameras are on you guys could get allot of face time...

13. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dont the la barra guys have that?
    speaking of that, will they be bringing their big "flag" that they all jump underneath? sure hope so

14. RSLFO_Davy

RSLFO_Davy New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Keep watching our Facebook, Blog and websites for more information, but we've been working with the Seattle FO and their supporter groups and we will have an RSL HQ up in Seattle at a pub near the stadium. We'll designate this are for info, sign making, window cling distribution, event info and so on.

We've been invited to march in with the seattle supporters from their ususal pioneer square location.
    This is from the thread on Tickets. Probably better served here.

The FO will be up there on Friday (near the stadium, exact location coming). We are hoping to organize a fan rally up there leading up to the game.

If you have any additional questions please email me at dratchford@realsaltlake.com

We've been trying to move on a lot of fronts to get additional tickets from Seattle, assisting barra with the buses, getting HQ details set up and talking with the airlines to open up more flights with better pricing. Some details are still coming.

One other thing. I'll be bringing up a gigantic (40' x 60') RSL Shield. I figured we'll want something up there in section 338 to make our mark

15. RedDevil013

RedDevil013 Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you know what time that march is going to take place? I would like to be a part of that. I will be watching to see what else the FO is going to do! I can't wait!!!! this will be such a blast!

16. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    MLS Cup Final “March to the Match”
    Seattle WA, As part of the MLS Cup and Supporters Summit activities, there will be the traditional march to match 90 minutes prior to MLS Cup Final. The Sounders FC band, Sound Wave” along with Sounders FC owners, players, coaches and MLS Commissioner Don Garber are all slated to take part in the march. This is an opportunity for fans from all over, regardless of which team they are supporting, to celebrate the beautiful game and our league’s championship match up. Major League Soccer fans will meet at 3:45 at Occidental Park for a brief celebration and address and then depart from there towards the X-Box Pitch at Qwest Field at 4:00 p.m.

Map to Occidental Park

17. RedDevil013

RedDevil013 Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome! Thanks!

18. TheAntiKreis

TheAntiKreis New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Where is everyone staying? We are going on the bus Saturday morning, but still uncertain about the hotel. I think the team is staying at the Grand Hyatt which is sold out. Any ideas?

19. mr prolific

mr prolific Member

Jan 30, 2008
    SLC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are staying at something called the guesthouse inn. it is like 2 miles from the stadium allegedly.

20. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3:30 at the park, got it

21. JesusKreis

JesusKreis Member

Nov 15, 2008
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm staying at the Doubletree Arctic Club, and I have heard a few others are staying at the Renaissance Marriott, Waterfront Marriott, and Crowne Plaza

22. RedDevil013

RedDevil013 Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are staying at the Best Western Executive. Its a little north of the stadium, across the street from the space needle.

23. RedDevil013

RedDevil013 Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So can any of the Seattle people answer a questions about parking near Pioneer Square? Is there any? Cost? Time limits? I want to do the march in with the supports from pioneer square to the stadium so what's that situation like?

24. keeptheslinrsl

Mar 17, 2008
    Section 26!
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should have gone for Fado's. The address there is 801!