Official 2009 Japanese NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by aiueo-redded, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Morimoto doesn't want to play for Japan right now

Wants to concentrate at Catania for now. Also said the style of his play at catania is much different to what Okada would do. Apparently Zenga just purely wants Morimoto to go score goals without too much regard to defense. Okada's not likely to do the same.

2. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique
    I cant find an U/15 Japan NT thread so i'll just post in here
    http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/australia/joeys-edge-japan-181253/

3. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan
  4. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan
  5. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What do you guys think about Nakagawa (Toyama) for JNT goalie:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UltbBddWrDg"]YouTube - [J2 League]2009J2#10 ?????? 0-0 ?????? ?????[/ame]

The team also has the J2 second lowest 8 goals allowed.

6. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan
  7. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  8. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan
    Kirin Cup & WCQ

9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is the full squad announced?

10. relog-redded

relog-redded Red Card

May 13, 2009
    I wish good luck to Australia, Bahrain and Qatar.

11. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Hello to all

Kirin Cup, may 27th, in Chiba:

Japan vs Chile "B".

Do you have information about your squad for this friendly tournament?

Our squad (4 starters, a lot of B-squad players, and 5 new ones):

Goalkeepers
    Miguel Pinto - Universidad de Chile
    Nery Veloso - Huachipato

Defenders:
    Gonzalo Jara - Colo Colo
    Ismael Fuentes - Atlas(Mexico)
    José Rojas - Universidad de Chile
    Roberto Cereceda- Colo Colo

Midfielders:
    Gary Medel - Universidad Católica (best chilean player IMO)
    Braulio Leal - Unión Española
    Marco Estrada - Universidad de Chile
    Manuel Iturra - Universidad de Chile
    Rodrigo Millar - Colo Colo
    Jorge Valdivia - Al-Ain(United Arab Emirates)
    José P. Fuenzalida - O'Higgins

Forwards:
    Esteban Paredes - Santiago Morning
    Fabián Orelllana - Audax Italiano
    Jean Beausejour - América(Mexico)
    Daud Gazale - Colo Colo
    Edson Puch - Municipal Iquique.

Coach: Marcelo Bielsa(argie)

12. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    4 starters is fine. I presume at least 3 will play if not 4. Then perhaps a person starting debut and another subbing debut. But this is good.

13. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    It's a very good team we are taking this time...last time I think only 1 starter (Iturra) and the reserve goalkeeper (Pinto) went to the Kirin cup...I think Estrada also participated in the last cup? Now Iturra is bench...however there are others who are regulars or at least alternate in the first team:

- Gonzalo Jara
    - Ismael Fuentes
    - Roberto Cereceda
    - Gary Medel
    - Marco Estrada
    - Jorge Valdivia
    - Fabián Orellana
    - Jean Beausejour

All of these have played at least a couple of games in the qualifers. Daud Gazale has played a few minutes as well. I'm looking forward to these matches.

Ones to watch on the Chilean side:

Jorge Valdivia will want to make an impression on the coach and take the position from Mati Fernandez as the central attacking mid for Chile before the matches against Paraguay and Bolivia.

Gary Medel. Probably our best player in this squad. Is a defensive midfielder but Bielsa uses him as a stopper who has the tendency to overlap and attack by the flanks. A regular starter on the NT. He is making a comeback after a car crash.

Gonzalo Jara Another regular defender who is making a come back after a serious injury. He has to play a few matches before returning to his best level. Has always played correct matches for Chile.

Any news on the squad Japan will present?

14. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not yet. It'll be a very strong side probably though. But Nakamura can't play Chile game. I'm glad about that squad. Bloody Finland rocked over to Japan with their U21 side and Jari Litammen and got flogged but it was completely crap warm up for qualifiers.

I believe Dick Advocaat has taken over as Belgian NT manager. Will he be at Kirin Cup? or some interim bloke.

15. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Well I promise we will not play crap...not with the players that are going. Bielsa likes attacking football and always uses 3 strikers. 1 central and 2 wingers. We defend with 3 or 4 depending on how many strikers Japan will use...and even the stoppers can move forward and attack given the opportunity.

They treat the ball well so it should be an interesting match. I'm looking forward to these games.

16. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's a shame that they are sending their "B" team.

I really wanted to see Japan play against Mati Fernandez, Arturo Vidal, and Alexis Sanchez.

17. sanko-redded

sanko-redded Red Card

May 19, 2009
    Urawa
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    kirin cup is always like this.
    i don't know why the crap tournament still exists.

18. Cythos

Cythos New Member

Nov 23, 2008
    The Kirin Cup is OK imo.

The "B squad" of South American teams like Chile or Paraguay is not as strong as their A teams. But also not too bad.

Anyway, I would rather the Japan NT to go oversea like what they did two years ago in Switzerland though

19. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah that's only made on international fifa dates tho. It would be absolute best if they held Kirin cup around september 6-10. Where there's two fifa matchdays. means better teams can come over and play with full teams.

Japan is playing the netherlands in holland in that match frame.

20. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Well..it's not a complete 'B' team like last time...it's more like a watered down 'A' team. This time there are quite a few who alternate in the first team and a few who are regulars...although I have to admit some of them are not in their best shape since they have only recently come back from serious injuries, particularly 'Pitbull' Medel who survived a car crash.

I would also like to see Nakamura for Japan, but it's very difficult to get top players when it's not an official FIFA date...but I don't think these matches are a complete waste of time...sometimes you can get pretty good players from local league as well as others who have finished their respective tournaments. For example, will we see some young players from that Japanese team we facen in the Toulon torunament?...I remember they had a very solid midfield...all they lacked was someone upfront to make the difference.

I think the team we are taking will not go on holidays...they will go there to win. For example, of the team that beat Argentina 1-0 in Santiago for WCQ we have quite a few who are playing against Japan:

-Medel (Was a key player in Chile's goal...his cross was converted in goal)
    VID: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taAL0NbbIdo"]YouTube - Llenos de magia (Gary Medel)[/ame]
    -Estrada (Controlled Messi for most of the match with great successs.)
    VID: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJOZ807Ntjg"]YouTube - Homenaje a Marco Estrada[/ame]
    -Beausejour (Dominated his corner of the pitch, defeated Zaneti on the 1-on-1)
    -Orellana (Skillfull winger scored the goal against Argentina)
    VID: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmtG6zJD8Ck"]YouTube - Fabian Orellana 2[/ame]

Valdivia didn't play against Argentina, but he is making a comeback...soon he will be fighting with Mati Fernandez for the central midfielder position.
    VID: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI0wRvtb5lY"]YouTube - Valdivia, "El Mago" - Melhores Momentos[/ame]

However I have heard rumours that it might be suspended due to this pandemic fear...I think they are overreacting with this flu thing...more people die of AIDS everyday than this flu in two months. They could always play the match with no public...at least we should be able to watch it on TV...

21. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Here is Japan's squad for the upcoming Kirin cup and World cup qualifiers matches:

GK:

1 Seigo Narazaki (Nagoya Grampus)
    18 Ryota Tsuzuki (Urawa Reds)
    23 Eiji Kawashima (Kawasaki Frontale)

DF:

22 Yuji Nakazawa (Yokohama Marinos)
    5 Satoshi Yamaguchi (Gamba Osaka)
    4 Marcus Tulio Tanaka (Urawa Reds)
    3 Yuichi Komano (Jubilo Iwata)
    20 Yasuyuki Konno (FC Tokyo)
    15 Yuto Nagatomo (FC Tokyo)
    21 Tomoaki Makino (Sanfrecce Hrioshima)
    6 Atsuto Uchida (Kashima Antlers)

MF:

10 Shunsuke Nakamura (Celtic/Scotland)
    27 Hideo Hashimoto (Gamba Osaka)
    7 Yasuhito Endo (Gamba Osaka)
    14 Kengo Nakamura (Kawasaki Frontale)
    8 Daisuke Matsui (Saint Ettiene/France)
    2 Yuki Abe (Urawa Reds)
    17 Makoto Hasebe (Wolfsburg/Germany)
    19 Keisuke Honda (VVV Venlo/Holland)
    25 Shinji Kagawa (Cerezo Osaka)
    24 Naoki Yamada (Urawa Reds)

FW:

11 Keiji Tamada (Nagoya Grampus)
    16 Yoshito Okubo (Wolfsburg/Germany)
    12 Kisho Yano (Albirex Niigata)
    9 Shinji Okazaki (Shimizu S-Pulse)
    13 Shinzo Koroki (Kashima Antlers)

Source: http://www.jsgoal.jp/news/jsgoal/00082925.html

22. Luislb10

Luislb10 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Portugal
    No Morimoto :( !!!

23. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    yeah wtf. This squad's for 2 kirin games and 3 qualifiers. Surely he'll give him a call if something horrible happens (draw in Tashkent) of something.

I like the calling of Makino and Yamada. Even if they don't make the cut for 2010 these sorts of games will be invaluable experience for the next 4 year cycle.

I think, that Okada may test out a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 formation with Makino. Yes that means no side-backs but it also means Keisuke Honda would get a lot of freedom in attacking midfield with Naka and Matsui either side of him. I'd support that cause Japanese attack is a bit one-stream and when a team gets that figured out like Bahrain did, they don't look like they have any variation.

24. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm satisfied with the squad apart from the fcking attackers as usual.

Kisho Yano, come oooooon Okada, there is 5-6 players that has scored more than him and are probably better, gamble a bit more, especially in the Kirin Cup where you could've tested some players, but no , you're a **********.

25. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If Honda fufills the expectations of dutch and japanese fans, and inamoto keeps starting at frankfurt, and ono keeps starting at bochum, and maybe one or two of the big transfer links are confirmed. That could be a fricken awesome lineup.

Anybody read that Nakamura's been linked with a move to an EPL side as well as Marinos? Takuda or whatever his agent's name is wouldn't release the name of the club.