Official Wizards watch party thread 2009

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Pat Ervin, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be at Coach's, or whereever we're dropped off after the pub crawl earlier in the day.

2. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one would stop anyone from moving/bringing the CO fine collection effort to F&H. And that's all I have to say about that.

3. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you Forrest.

4. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most of you know the story about our fine Coach, and the tragedy that almost took him, and his family, away from us. To make matters worse, he received a $500 fine from MLS for saying something to a referee after the TORONTO game (same week). Forgivable, in anyone's book. As FANS, we are responding to this by honoring the Onalfo's with an effort to collect enough to PAY THE $500 FINE (all Watch Party Fans giving a couple bucks each would do it!).
    We will host an informal presentation to the Coach personally as soon as we meet our goal. Let's show we're behind him! You can help by just attending the fun Watch Parties at Coach's....for Wizards Away Games, and other USA events....
    (Note: the story of this near tragedy is outlined in a great article in the KC Star by Cole Young-Wednesday, May 6, 2009, pg 1B. It's a great read!)
    A pair of teams aiming to put an end to small slides meet at Rio Tinto Stadium when Real Salt Lake play host to the Kansas City Wizards. RSL is winless in its last three games, but are back home, where they are undefeated on the season with three victories and a draw. The Wizards have also gone winless over their last three matches, trying to put a stop to a two-game road losing skid.

When: This Saturday-MAY 16th....8:00pm!

Where: Coach's Bar and Grill (Original Location - 103rd between Wornal & State Line-816-941-2286 )

Coach's is contributing $1.00 for every Hot Dog Combo ordered for the Watch Parties by Fans.
    (Note: this IS the HOT DOG COMBO that was written up in the KC Star, Thursday (today), as one of KANSAS CITY'S BEST!)

Come participate in the Watch Party AND in the Onalfo Support Effort.... We'll keep at it, until we got it!

Here's how you get there....exit 435 at State Line or Wornall; go to 103rd...E of St. Line; W of Wornall-You'll see it!

Come early to try ANY of the scrumptious menu items...and Coach's always has specials for us Soccer Fans!

Hillcrest Syndicate and KC Cauldron and American Outlaws members will hopefully all be together in attendance....
    supporting Coach Onalfo and our Kansas City Wizards Soccer Team to a big win vs REAL!

5. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    I'll be at F&H

6. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
  7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    That was how I thought it would be as well, but this is confusing.

9. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to the watch party at Fox & Hound last week. Besides Robb, Cotton, Kerry and a couple others, it was pretty slim. There was also a huge grad party for the KU Med school, so it was still a pretty wild atmosphere.

10. KCBearcat

KCBearcat New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If not for a surprise birthday party at Coach's, I would have been at F&H.

11. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My original plan was to go back and forth between watch party locations throughout the season, but I'll probably just go where the most people are. Both places have a great atmosphere, but the actual game watching quality (television-wise) is far superior at F&H. But the specials they give us at Coach's is enticing too. It will probably be a week by week decision.

12. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was pretty sparse, but that's fine by me.

I think everyone present at Coach's last week is aware that you can find me at F&H the rest of the season. The Coach's on 151st is fine with me, but that one at 103rd has major personnel issues they need to work on. Unacceptable. As far as I'm concerned, there is only one advantage Coach's 103rd has and that is an unbeatable location. Every other factor goes to F&H.

13. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How so? I have been to all of the Coach's watch parties this season and they have been great. I felt that the service has been much improved this season...no complaints here.

14. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have never had great waiting service at Coach's. It is has been mediocre at best.

During the Seattle game, we went a good twenty minutes without our waitress. Every single person at the table's cup was dry and had been for a while.

Not to mention, I had to order a beer twice many times to get it.

I am use to it there though and usually order two because I know I wont see my waiter again for awhile.

With that said, I just expect that now and will still go there for watch parties.

15. TasteTheRainbow

Aug 22, 2007
    Olathe, KS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, while Coach's was ok when it was all we had, the service was always terrible. Either they are severely under-staffed, they have too many tables per waitstaff, or they just don't care. When 90% of the people aren't eating aside from a few appetizers, its not that hard to keep the brews full. I think F&H just serves its purpose better.

16. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I've been to Coach's once this year and our server was by far the best I ever had there. She was very attentive, kept our glasses full, and received a nice gratuity for her efforts.

17. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be at Coach's when i go watch-partying...

18. wz187

wz187 Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Will there be a wizards official Champions League watch party. Last year it was at 810 zone Leewood and it was a great time.

19. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Service had been good until this trip. I got the old timer waitress who has been there forever..and she just don't care.

20. Evidica

Evidica New Member

May 19, 2008
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I hate how long it has taken me to get beer every time I am at Coach's. I have gone in early and it still seems somewhat slow service just for three beers when we are the waitresses second table.

21. TPBinKC

TPBinKC Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I showed up a couple minutes after the game started and it took forever to order a drink. I was going to order some food when the waitress came back but she never did. A different one came by halfway through the second half to see if I wanted a refill.

The first couple I went to the service was slow but definitely tolerable. The last game was not.

22. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Last time you were so drunk I am surprised you remember being there!

23. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    American Outlaws are hosting a Watch Party at the Wornall Coach's for the game on the 3rd. Here is the info:

Subject: Watch Party Wednesday June 3rd

Come join the American Outlaws at Coaches 103rd and Wornall.

When-June 3rd 2009
    Where-103rd Wornall Coaches Bar And Grill
    Time- 7:00 pm Kick off
    Who- USA VS Costa Rica

Specials imported and micro brews anywhere from http://www.facebook.com/l/;$1.25-$2.00 off

Get there before 6:30 for happy hour. 2 for 1 house wells and 1.25 domestic bottles.

24. Evidica

Evidica New Member

May 19, 2008
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had sobered up a bit more than I was right after the Pub Crawl after the Thomas's had me eat some sandwich and drink some water.

25. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The game kickoff is at 9:00. Don't get too loaded before the game starts!! :D