Post-Game :: Crew vs. Rapids [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by FC TDG, Apr 11, 2009.

1. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't like it to be but I can read. I'm not trying to make an argument, I didn't bring it up. You said that your judgment on this "group" is based on facts and then you don't share them. Why bring it up then? I think it's because it's an opinion formulated from others with an opinion. And, I find it sort of b.s. when someone states their opinion as a fact here because it causes unneeded trouble. Especially, when they really have nothing to base it on like their own experiences. And, if you talk to a few people, especially who I'm thinking, then maybe it's just a bit skewed.

If you don't like cussing that's understandable. But, to attach that to not being there for the Crew and being there for some other reason. Is just a bit extreme.

And, basically, in the posts that follow you say in a roundabout manner that mostly everyone in CSU and LTA are very knowledgeable about the Crew and mostly everyone in HSH are idiots when it comes to the Crew. And, your only proof is because they have some naughty chants that you don't like and because they are more likely to have run in's with other fans after the game. And, you think no one should contest that awesome logic?

I just think if you actually litmus-tested HSH you would be surprised how much most of the people that hang out there know about the Crew. I know you won't believe anything I say, but I have been there quite a bit.

Also, why are the leaders of the other groups talking about HSH? Conversations about the other groups have never came up since the middle of last year at Ruby's when there were a couple problems. Everyone is more worried about the Crew and having a good time then trying to smack talk our brother groups right now. That HSH is a conversation piece on gameday is just weird to me.

Finally, I could make an opinion about a conversation I had at the Colorado game. I asked a couple of LTA guys, guys my age if they were going to Toronto? And, they looked at me like they had no clue what I was talking about. I guess some are going on the CSU and HSH bus and some don't know about it, but I don't make a post claiming facts that they know nothing about the Crew since some of their members didn't know about TO. I also could make an opinion that without Eddie Carvacho and the Crew FO their group wouldn't be here today. But, first, who really cares. Second off, I know they are good fans because I see their passion. Just like I see it in the rest of the section.

I just think that your opinion is skewed and you're only saying what your saying because you hate chants with swear words in them. Sorry for bringing that up. Just my opinion.

Everyone needs to just stick together, worry about the only thing that is important in regards to our section- supporting the Crew, and some need to stop trying to save the world.

2. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In regards to the supporter culture at this match (aiming to keep in related to the topic), the Nordecke rocked. Pardon my pessimism, but the only way I can ever see unity with starting fresh, new, creative chants is via:

[​IMG]

Otherwise, we'll continue to talk on the boards, but not put these songs or chants to action.

3. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    2nd.

I like the supporters groups, but this thread is about the game. Start your own thread and give us all a choice. They are related, but not the same. Mods?

4. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    If we can find more than 3 of us who know the song......

5. Bruno43

Bruno43 New Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Youngstown, Ohio
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was in section 140 pretty far away from where the chants were starting and I didn't know a few of em. And couldn't make out the words. Same with a few people around me. :confused:

6. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't stop me :p

7. bradd

bradd Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Put a couple more thousand words in to my mouth next time. For someone who claims they can read you sure as hell don't do a very good job at it.

Just an FYI Ryan, for future reference...

I know it's hard to think of Nordecke as just you and all of us devoted followers of you but Nordecke does not equal HSH.

"What has been said to me I keep private so I'm not going to repeat it but suffice it to say that if you asked significant portions of Nordecke anything about the team they probably wouldn't be able to answer your questions."

zOMG! He didn't say HSH? My rants were for nothing? Yes Ryan... yes they were. Thank god I didn't take the time to read past the first few sentences each time. I might have lost valuable minutes of my life that I just wouldn't have gotten back.

8. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Is it time for "Realist Crew Fan 2009"?

I think so!

9. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    seconded

10. Matt C

Matt C Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *sigh* Taking the bait...

So you think people complain about F-bomb chants when we lose because we have lost heart or something.

Dude, you are so wrong. F-bomb chants were an issue when we were winning too.

1. Does what McCullers asked of the Nordecke before the ECF no longer apply?

2. You missed bradd's point. The point was that people who chant F-bombs damage the Crew fanbase, and by result, the Crew.

3. Respect the family demographic Crew fans. MM does. I'm not saying join the f*cking Easter Bunny photo op, just don't do egregiously stupid sh*t like joining in on F-bomb and p*ssy chants. Don't make Mark come ask us "pretty please don't cuss anymore" again. Because he will. Everyone has a chance to lead on this one.

Also CF, I have a ton of respect for your TIFO and boundless energy for the Crew. It's amazing what a few dedicated people do behind the scenes to make the Nordecke so awesome. Thank you. Peace.

11. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cant we all get along...
    Sorry Rodney King moment there.

12. Massive 94

Massive 94 New Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Grandview
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. The story that inspired the words for the Torres song is what really completes the song. And the whole song is a buildup until the actual bounce. I've revised an older version I suggested that was a bit wordy. The only player that I can think of that sort of has a bit of club folklore connected to his name is Frankie. Here goes:

He chugged a beer in a fans truck bed, Hejduk! Hejduk!
    Columbus til I die he said, Hejduk! Hejduk!
    The black and gold's heart and soul
    Steals the ball and stops a goal
    Frankie Hejduk, Columbus' number 2
    (Bounce)
    Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah

At least if people are slow to catch on to the words they can "Hejduk !Hejduk! and "nah-nah" their way through the song.

13. footy5

footy5 Member

Feb 27, 2008
    The D
    How about this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyL6eov6JrQ&feature=related"]YouTube - Bristol City Vs Cardiff, bounce around the ground[/ame]

Hejduk says
    Bounce around the ground
    Bounce around the ground
    Bounce around the ground
    Ohh ohhh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqpI7GFso74&feature=related"]YouTube - lets all jump for newcastle[/ame]

Lets all jump for Columbus

People like the songs that are energetic and they can bounce to.

14. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

15. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thirded. Some of you clowns make me regret my goal of spending more time here.

16. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    There's nothing quite like a pack of Geordies shouting out phrases in Spanish.

17. Wearethecrew1

Wearethecrew1 Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Athens/Westerville
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome

18. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clear-cute choice for #1 has to be none other than....

[​IMG]

19. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    So, you LIKE the Pontiac Excitement? Cougar-rific!

20. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly.

Plus, we may have the benefit of having the sideline fans join in. Everyone wins.

BTW -- Can we ban the above picture from the forum? The point has been made time and time again, most everyone involved with the fiasco is no longer with the team, and we've won the SS again and had an excellent ceremony to acknowlegde the fact.

21. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did the Crew play a match this past weekend?

22. pettyfog

pettyfog Member

Jan 30, 2000
    Enon OH Exit 49
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    KCBus, this is onna the rare times I am gonna disagree with you in public.

Kudos to the debate on the F*bomb in the chant language.

You ********ing wet -eared immature **************{feline reference} need to ********ing man-up and quit acting like a bunch of ********ing chavs on a bender.

You dont have the ********ing right to insist on saying anything you want in your little world of wankers.

And yes, we all use the word..{I just typed it out three ********ing times -that's four now-}.. just like most of us take a shit in the morning. But that means there's a time and place where it's acceptable, and where it's not.

Grow the ******** up! {5}

23. pettyfog

pettyfog Member

Jan 30, 2000
    Enon OH Exit 49
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    And .. no... that photo need s to be posted once a year or so, just to remind the front office of the sins of the past. They'll understand. And god love the lady, she didnt do anything wrong. She was just the victim of brain dead thinking.

24. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, freak out. :D

25. bradd

bradd Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This coming from the guy who wrote 2 mini book reports on my paragraph posts. ;) Silly rabbit. Trix are for kids.