Official Giuseppe Rossi Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy' started by 'Uaglio, Jan 21, 2007.

1. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    Some of the guys over on the Manchester United forum were saying that Villarreal isn't really getting the best out of Rossi because he doesn't have a striker to play off of and spends too much time in a very advanced position on the pitch. What do you think, Kqql?

2. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    If Rossi was still @ Man U, he would still be warming the bench for Fergie.
    So I don't know what they are talking about.

At Villarreal he plays as a striker or sometimes SS. In some games he plays behind Lorrente, but mostly on left of him......It's the job of Pires, Cazorla, Senna to connect to Fwds.........

3. The Third Tenor

The Third Tenor Red Card

Jan 15, 2008
    Yeah, but that's just highlighting how stupid most Serie A teams were 2 years ago when they passed on his then $6million price tag. Now Juve is seemingly willing to part with [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]£24m!!

Villareal shrewd or just taking advantage of Italian club ineptitude?

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Juve to reel in Rossi?[/FONT]
    Wednesday 12 November, 2008
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Juventus have set their sights on luring Azzurri striking star Giuseppe Rossi, according to Press reports.

The Old Lady have long been admirers of the Villarreal marksman, but the Yellow Submarine fended off their advances in the summer.

However, according to Tuttosport, the Turin giants are considering breaking the bank to bring in one of Italy's greatest prospects.

Juve will need to meet Villarreal's bumper rescission clause, which is set at around £24m.

The Bianconeri may have to beat some fierce competition for Rossi's services as he made his debut for La Nazionale against Bulgaria last month and is respected across Europe.

However, the former Parma man has previously stressed his desire to play for one of the peninsula's giants.

Rossi, who is under contract until 2013, found the net 11 times in his first season in La Liga.
    [/FONT]

4. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can someone explain why he doesnt get invited to national team? or has he?

5. Canadian Azzurri

Nov 14, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He was called up for the last two qualifiers, and made his debut as a substitute against Bulgaria; and looked pretty good.

6. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    he does, but hes young, really talented, fast... thats not Italy Material.

7. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Interesting....

8. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  9. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Highlights from Villarreal site (Will there till next game)
    http://www.villarrealcf.es/principal.php?nombreModulo=programaTV&idmenu=76

10. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    what bothers me is that Rossi doesn't get praise from his italian team-mates, I think its the whole U.s. thing, these players can't comprehend that Rossi is there best young player.

11. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Don't take offense to this, but how do you know that is true?

12. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    Yeah, I could swear that Cannavaro had praised him publicly.

Anyways, I have yet to see any sporting publication call him an American for over a year now. I doubt very many people are bothered by where he was born... it matters more who he was born to.

13. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003

14. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In addition... Toni on Rossi:

"I joke around a lot with Giuseppe, he's a great player, the best youngster around," Toni continued. "I don't feel old though, I am 31 and age doesn't matter to the coach, his choices are always based on league performances."

15. The Third Tenor

The Third Tenor Red Card

Jan 15, 2008
    Rossi is 21

The Table Scrap is going to be 29...

It makes sense to build our future foundation on Rossi, and bring in Balotelli when he has matured somewhat.

Our future looks good if you ask me!

16. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think in 2010 (but probably afterwards depending on Balotelli's development) we could have a solid formation with Rossi and Mario up front:

----------------Balotelli
    --------------------Rossi
    --Pepe---De Rossi------------Maggio
    -----------------Palombo
    --Dossena--Chiellini--Cannavaro--Bonera
    -----------------Buffon

17. The Third Tenor

The Third Tenor Red Card

Jan 15, 2008
    I think 2010 is too soon to see Balotelli start. He has to have one or two seasons dominating at the club level before that happens, and currently he's not even a starter.

Look at Rossi, he's just been called up after two solid seasons, and even before then he was playing more than Balotelli is playing now in Serie A.

2014 is a more realistic target. Balotelli will be 24 and will probably have been on top, or near the top of the scoring charts in Italy for at least a few seasons.

I don't think it's unrealistic to believe that Balotelli could make the trip in 2010 as a substitute to take in the atmosphere and get experience being in the dressing room, etc. That would be perfect developmental experience for a kid his age, setting him up to take over 4 years from then.

18. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  19. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Rossi in Greece - Italy
    Played 70"

20. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  21. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    With Tevez realizing that bench warming is going to cost him a place on the Argentinean national team, and is therefore looking to leave Manchester United, Sir Alex is already eyeing a replacement superstar bench warmer:

Hope he's not fooled.

22. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Yep, u r 100% right....if he goes back To Man.U ......he will be Fergie's Super Bench Warmer.............and it will be the stupidist move ever.

23. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    I concur... but I've always gotten the impression that Rossi cares more about playing for the Azzurri than anything. And sitting on the bench more often than not for Manchester United isn't going to earn him any more caps. He wasn't stupid as an 18 year old, so I hope he hasn't regressed at Villarreal :p

24. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I saw an interview with Josey Altidore on ESPN and he said that Rossi has taken him under his wing at Villareal and is helping him adjust to playing in Spain.