Post-match: Crew vs. DC United [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Grouchy, Oct 26, 2008.

1. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    beautiful picture, any chance of getting a copy large enough for my desktop?

2. JohnJohn

JohnJohn New Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Chino
    DONT'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR BRAD EVANS FOR GOTW. BELIEVE IT OR NOT HE IS IN A TIGHT RACE.

www.thecrew.com

3. bradd

bradd Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [YOUTUBE]sxbROMQTjKg[/YOUTUBE]

4. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    The goal by Rolfe was a beauty too.

Not that I think it's better but it's certainly isn't a slouch.

5. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't been to a game in years. By far my best experience at Crew stadium. Congratulations to the Crew for an outstanding season, to the fans for hanging in there and continuing to go to the games in the worst of times, and for knocking DC out of the playoffs. I had a great time down there yesterday. I even caught one of those t-shirts they throw into the crowd (I've always wanted to do that), but I gave it to the couple behind me because they were more committed Crew fans and really wanted that shirt. Man I really regret not following the team more closely this year. And if they go on to win the Cup I won't feel like I deserve enjoying it as much as you guys here.

6. bobbybhoy1

bobbybhoy1 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    in a State of Grace
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Right last nights was good but Rogers was a blast..there was a sceond or two after were people just looked around as to ask did that just happen?...

7. bobbybhoy1

bobbybhoy1 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    in a State of Grace
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    BS its yours as much as anyone loads of folks have jumped on board.

8. JohnJohn

JohnJohn New Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Chino

There are 4 more games. Plenty of time to join the bandwagon!

9. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My thoughts exactly. Both were great goals, but Rogers' went in, in large part because Conway's first move was to the wrong direction. Evans' goal yesterday was a screamer that used every last available millimeter of space between the post and the keeper's outstretched arms.

And this conversation about the best goal has to include Adam Moffat's blast against TFC on opening day.

10. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    You've dealt with all the crap most of us have for the past five years. No reason you wouldn't deserve it just as much.

11. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This year I took a step back from watching soccer in general. I didn't have FSC or the Direct Kick package. And when the Crew started getting hot, I didn't run out to get either in order to follow them. Strangely, part of me was expecting an implosion, so I was skittish about spending the extra money only to watch them bottom out. :(

Anyway, I am enjoying the success. But it's bittersweet. It's really for you guys that have hung in there. The last thing I want to be is a bandwagoner, even if I supported the Crew from its inception. It shouldn't excuse the step back I took this year.

HOWEVER, any time DC loses is a good time to celebrate!

12. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    Bandwagon! You just became too emotionally punished and needed a break from the beatings. I was with you when we lost the Dallas game last year and have rebuilt enthusiasm as the year progressed.

You were simply in the Crew Fan ICU and have missed the therapy of the '08 team. Welcome back...

Hell, half these new guys can't even figure out why we hate DC !

13. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    The commissioner walked in somewhere between the 60th and 65th minute. I was driving over from Sugarcreek en route to Dayton and decided to go up I-71 instead of straight through on I-70. As I was walking over to purchase a ticket, he was walking up behind me to my left. Being the idiot I am, I didn't put two and two together that the guy

1) Might be making an appearance to be part of the SS presentation
    2) Was wearing a suit (how many others wear a suit to a Crew match?)
    3) Had a lanyard/pass around his neck (which he used to gain entry to the stadium)

I managed a "how are you, sir?" his direction, and he replied in kind. Had I been thinking, I would have put in a plug for the Timbers, asked him for a job, inquired as to why no one was there to greet him, and thanked him for the contributions he's made to the league. Oh well, maybe I'll get another chance some other day.

As for the poster above, I'm in the same situation he is...I attended Crew games sporadically from 1996-2001, at which time I left to join the Air Force in North Dakota, Japan, Texas, and now Washington. Sort of lost interest while overseas (kind of hard to follow too closely when there's a great league over there and MLS games are played in the wee hours of the morning), but have always hoped the Crew would find success. Well done to those who have followed faithfully through thick and thin. I'll be displaying my adidas/Crew scarf that I received at the first Crew Stadium game (#78!) in my office for the next few weeks...keep up the good work, fans.

14. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah I didn't see him either until the stadium cleared out and seen him walking in the tunnel....surprised he showed up...

15. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How horrible would it have been for him to actually spend an entire freaking game here. He probably had the "well crap, I guess I better show up" look about him. Better yet, he probably showed up toward the end of the game so he wouldn't be "counted" in the attendance count. Idiot (garber, not the poster).

16. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, he had a pass, so I'm guessing he probably wasn't counted. And we know he was only IN Columbus to figure out how to get AWAY from Columbus. ;)

17. Nonesuch

Nonesuch Member

May 16, 1999
    Old Gridania

Whatever... While he was here, the Massive was completing a worst-to-first season at the canter and in some style by knocking the Scum out of the playoffs. Not only did the Massive deliver the coup de grace, they twisted the knife a bit at the end.

Anything he didn't get is his loss, not ours.

18. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And it was, quite literally, the Goal of the Year per the team Awards ceremony last night.

19. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi folks. Just wondering if there's been any discussion of this alleged event on the Columbus end?

20. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont think so. There were DC fans at the match?

On a scale of one to ten, with one being a seed of doubt and with 10 being MLS-Tumors quality, how likely is it that this didnt happen?

Also, is there anywhere else this is documented? Or is this elaborate 50 word article that took two and half days to write/manufacture the only thing we've got?

So, no. There has been much "discussion" about this. We've been concerned with other things that are actually happening, like, say, winning the supporters shield, preparing for the playoffs, etc.

Weak.

21. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And how can we be sure that it wasnt BB and SE fighting amongst themselves?

22. AJStank

AJStank Member

Columbus Crew
    Mar 22, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know the author of this article/blog personally, and although it doesn't mean much coming from me, he wouldn't just drum this up if it didn't happen.

23. Aaron Stollar

Aaron Stollar Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Falls Church, Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey folks, I am Aaron Stollar, the author of Fighting Talker.

Thanks a lot for checking out the site.

I just wanted to say that I view the smokebomb matter as one of security procedures, not about ripping the Crew support.

I covered the Crew for four years, and never have I seen or heard the kind of support you all had on Sunday. Outstanding. Great job. I have no beef whatsoever with you all.

My point is that Crew Stadium security needed to just post 1-2 beefy guys on top of the stairs down to our section, so that one bad apple couldn't do anything stupid.

Also, I have no real issue with the Turbina guys coming over to do some chanting. Everyone was an adult, people were smiling, so no worries there.

I just don't understand how there could have been no security around to see someone throw a yellow flare into of seats. That's not your (Crew fans) fault, that's the club's fault.

Good luck in the playoffs. You'll need it when you face Chicago.

24. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eat me, you piece of shit.

Why don't you just email this on over to MLSTumors now and save the trouble?

Why must crapassholes like you, who are desperate for hits at your pathetic excuse for a website so that you'll feel like a really cool dude, do it by trashing the Crew?

If someone did something like that, well, so what? Unless it was some kind of mass movement it was just one jerk, but when you put it out there you only ensure that every Crew fan gets tagged with it.

Thanks a lot. We don't need "fans" like you.

You were a semi-literate pile of shit when you wrote for the Lantern and you're a pile of shit now, and if you resent me saying so I'd be delighted to kick your chickenshit ass for you.

This just makes me want to puke. Jerkoff hit-whore losers like you putting up stories that have nothing to do with anything and in fact aren't even remotely relevant but will get spread around and repeated, once again tarring Crew fans unfairly.

Thanks a lot, shitwad. Drown in sewage and die screaming, you maggot.