This is just too good

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Bill Archer, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I often get emails now from BigSoccer types who want me to see a link or whatever. Some of you have done it and believe me, I appreciate it. As one of you noted, it ain't always easy to come up with something to write.

Someone sent me something today that I just can't use because I won't give the source the hits, but it's simply too perfect to toss out so I'm sharing it here.

As you may have guessed, it's a post on our favorite website, where the truth is never an obstacle when a good lie is more interesting.

They honestly want everyone to believe that this is an actual email they received:

from (name witheld)
    to MLS RUMORS <mlsrumors@gmail.com>
    date Sun Aug 24, 2008 at 9:19 PM
    subject Keep it going

Hey 'sup!? Keep my identity hidden but I just wanted to write you guys to tell you I read your site a lot. I'm not the only one. You guys sometimes gets talked about in the locker room as at least one player found out he was going to be traded there before the he got the news from the office.

You also cover the league like it is a serious league, something I think some of us have wanted for awhile now. So keep diggin for da dirt!

Ya'll have some notoriety in the locker room of at least one team in the league. And I'd bet others so don't listen to he critics and haters, just keep the good stuff comin' and you'll keep me and others as a fan.

(name witheld at author's request)

Well that does it for me - I'm completely convinced.

2. Sirk

Sirk Member+

Apr 25, 1999
    Cleveland, OH
    Come on, Bill, don't be afraid to share the similar e-mails you have received....

TO: Bill Archer
    DATE: Jun 11, 2008 at 11:47 PM
    SUBJECT: Ja, Bill! Ja!

Guten Tag Herr Archer,

Please don't use my name, but I just wanted to tell you that I love your blog entries on Big Fussball. Recently, while on a photo shoot for Victoria's Secret, I had read one of your uber uber UBER funny writings about das stupid Canadians and it made me, how you say...tingle, ja? So I read it out loud to (name withheld), and then me and (name withheld) took off our uber expensive underpants and started grinding our Fraulein parts together while screaming "Ja Bill! Ja Herr Archer! Ja!" until we attained a simultaneous peak in biorthymic euphoria.

Keep up das GUT WORK! I am now dependent on it to achieve climax.

Your frisky Fraulein,
    (Name withheld)

3. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, that website is totally laughable. I hope they keep the stuff they wrote about my website on file because once I get out of law school and find out who they are it's the first thing I intend to sue.

4. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also loved how I knew about Carlos Ruiz being pissed off about going to TFC like five days ago and their awesome rumors site has yet to report it.

And, they will come out with the story two days from now and say, "Breaking news and then we told you all."

:D

5. Wearethecrew1

Wearethecrew1 Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Athens/Westerville
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is priceless. I love how on the comments they are getting blasted from just about everyone too. They are such a hack site and take so many BS shots at the Crew like the whole "Klanture" bullshit and photoshopping The Ultra's pics to make him look like a nazi

6. OU9601

OU9601 Member

Jul 12, 2003
    Lancaster, Ohio
    It's a link to MLS Rumors

There, you've been warned, so if you don't want to promote their site, don't click it (It's like linking Trekker - you've got to warn the general populace about what you've done).

Anyways the punchline is the title --

Oh yeah, it's spelled wrong.

7. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe they forget "trip" in there somewhere.

8. a.s.fiorentina

Jan 20, 2008
    Sirk, you made my day. :) I almost peed my pants.

9. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]

Makes me feel kinda funny. Like when we used to climb the rope in gym class.

10. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I'll be in my bunk...

11. TimD

TimD Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio, U.S.
    Absolutely beautiful reference.

12. jericho

jericho Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I often get emails....

that was enough for me to pull out another smoke for the night.

13. cbuscat

cbuscat New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Beijing
    I'm currently in Beijing and MLS Rumors does not work here. It must be banned b/c you get the same message as when you try to go to other banned sites. Even the Chinese Communist Party thinks the site is garbage :D

14. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm watching the DVDs for that series this week. :D

[​IMG]

15. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great show. That and the redo of Battlestar Galactica are just about the best sci-fi out there right now.

16. PolishCrew

PolishCrew New Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the greatest show nobody ever watched. i probably sat through the movie 8 times when it was on HBO.

also my favorite character. although i think they made him a little too stupid near the end of the series. in the beginning he was just enjoyably goofy.

you know what? screw bruce lee, i say jayne needs a banner!