GAME 19: Good @ Evil 8/9/08 [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by SixKick, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How have you managed to miss the newest nutrider club around here? Some would have you believe that not only should he be starting, but should be coaching the team, tending goal, and showing Hauptman how to manage his finances.

If 14-16 goals isn't crazy, I don't know what is. Only a handful of players (7) over the last two seasons have put that many in the back of the net, and Ante Razov Frankowski ain't. The only player who can be called an opportunistic poacher who has put that many away in a season is Twellman, and he is a statistical anomaly.
    And I thought I'd seen fuzzy math before.
    You can't truly predict how that play would have gone had Rolfe taken it. Shoot, if we use that kind of math, Barrett would be a DP (yes, it is that crazy).
    The only league where that would even be considered an assist is MLS. Otherwise it was a stopped shot.
    So he did his job in that game. How about the others where he hasn't?

I'm not saying he sucks or is a bust or should only see reserve time. I have actually said that he should be starting for the moment.

2. Chris Doran

Chris Doran Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I too, am embarrassed and disappointed that I hadn't recorded the first yellow on Joseph in the 58th minute. Honestly, I'll have to watch the replay as I can't even remember the incident now.

That miss set me up for the ridiculous assessment in the 75th minute, ie: "Joseph gets a red card for knocking the ball out of Blanco's hands?"

In hindsight, Stott first showed yellow then red...which should've steered me in the direction that we obviously missed a yellow. But I got too caught-up in the moment and at best, wondered if in that sequence, Stott saw 2 cardable offenses within one play.

Anyway, I was wrong and apologize for not being more dilligent with card-tracking.

3. moddyg

moddyg New Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Clinton IL
    See, this is why I like you and why I didn't like your predecessors. It takes a man to admit a mistake. Thanks.

By the way, you better hope you never have to compete with Kyle Martino for a job, the kid was GOOD last night. Honestly.

4. On the Road Again

On the Road Again New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Pause played a pretty fair game overall but I think his mistake, and it was repeated by Soumare on another play later in the game, is that he wasn't facing the ball as it was coming into the box. He had actually turned his back on his mark as the ball was coming in, as did Soumare as well, which I don't understand if you are marking an offensive man on a set piece. Why would you turn away and face the goal rather than face the ball and the play? That seems pretty basic to me.

5. moddyg

moddyg New Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Clinton IL
    That's stuff you teach to five year olds. I have no idea what either of them were thinking. When you have a good aerial forward like Twellman he's gonna make you pay almost every time. We're lucky he wasn't in form to knock in a couple others.

All that said, MAN that was a great match, if had just about everything except a brawl (and that would've come if there was just a little more time). Being down, coming back like that, a howler from the opposing keeper, reds and yellows everywhere, bad blood, nasty tackles, a heated rivalry, goals from unlikely players, you really can't ask for a whole lot more. Oh and watching Nicol lose his fat ginger head will ALWAYS be good. Watching a ginger turn as red as his hair is one of the greatest things you'll ever see.:D

6. MLS_RM

MLS_RM Member

Jun 25, 2003
    chicago

He just OK. The next bone crunching tackle from him I think will be the first. Conde was a much bigger prescence on the offensive side besides his goal. Conde also made a bone crunching tackle on twellmand shortly after his goal and suprisingly twellman wasnt heard from again. If you have a Dmid who contributes nothing offensively he should at least be intimidating. I dont think anyone thnks twice about going in his direction. I doubt thres an attacking player in MLS who fears him. Conde is much more effective as a Dmid when played there. His passing is the same and he most definatly intimidates and makes his prescence known.

Id rather see Conde at Dmid and Cj or Marmol on the backline.

Pause is ok but he does nothing special to make him an automatic starter and penciled in the lineup under Sarachan and Hamlet.

When he was out earlier n the year, did ya really mis him or notice?

7. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't worry about it. The MLS web crew still hasn't figured out that Colin Clark got a yellow at the halftime whistle for Colorado and not Conor Casey.

8. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hehehe...uh...I meant 3-1...:D

Chicago1871...I agree with you...

Frankowski should be starting right now.

9. oldguyfc

oldguyfc New Member

Sep 26, 2006
    Chicago
    If you're going to give Herron 86 minutes, it might be viewed as being fair to at least give Frankowski the same privilege.

10. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Are you frigging retarded? Seriously, your posts are just so stupid, especially when you make bold statements which make NO sense whatsoever and can't be supported by any facts. Frankowski and Razov are the same age, actually Razov is older, Razov scored 6 goals in the Spanish segunda division in 19 matches back in 2000, Frankowski scored 8 in only 14 matches in the same division, Ante scored 6 goals for the US in 25 NT appearances, Frankowski scored 10 in 22, plus Frankowski won the Polish Championship 5 times and was Golden Boot winner 3 times and he is well ahead of Razov in total goals over a career. So how exactly is Frankowski not as good as Razov? The difference is that Razov gets respect from his team, while Frankowski is treated like some third-rate player, Razov gets his spot back after coming back from injury.

11. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe if Frankowski was Costa Rican he would get more playing time...

12. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something is up that's for sure. I was willing to give Denis a go after paying his dues as an assistant for so long but his lineups/gameplan smell of the second coming of the lawn gnome.

Andy F'in Herron as the lone striker in a 4-5-1?!?! I don't have enough patience to type what's wrong with putting 'him' up top in this formation.

Kudos to the players overcoming piss poor management and tactics (even if it happened after the red card).

Earth to Denis use either of these formations:
    4-4-2 (diamond mid)
    or
    3-5-2

I don't want you to pick the player personal in those formations though ask Klopas 'who' should be inserted where. Oh and don't forget to consult him on subs as well...

13. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do Frankowski's nuts have handlebars on them? How do you stay on?

14. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This post is begging for a polish joke

15. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We also seem to be putting the same emphasis on "experience" over developing our draft picks that was the hallmark of the Sarachan era.

I think our team's individual effort and the last two wins is masking some very serious problems with Denis' tactics, much like it did with both Sarachan and Osorio.

16. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I asked your mom and she was able to verify that Frankowski does in fact have handlebars on his nuts, who knew?

17. CHthirteen

CHthirteen Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Chicago
    Zing of the day!

seriously herron was poor.. rolfe wasn't much better.. but i can't see frankow playing where herron was from the start, as the loan striker in a 4-5-1. I blame everything on dennis mother********ing hamlett.

18. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny how it was all Barrett's inability to finish for so long

19. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I like Barrett, but he was screwed by playing in the 4-5-1. Now we're all ********ed by it!

20. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are we still MLS Cup contenders when McBride gets here?

21. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Is he up top alone or in a two forward set?

22. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somehow I doubt we're changing tactics, so either one striker or McBride high with Blanco low like yesterday...

23. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea...I asked him what that was...he said, "it's driving me nutz."

24. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A momma joke was the zing of the day? You must live a humorless existence.

25. tacologic

tacologic Member

Jul 13, 2006
    Brooklyn
    K-Mart was alright, except for the fact that he used "pace" about fifteen times. Sometimes a noun, sometimes a verb. Plus they went on way, way too long with his stupid goal celebration.

I'd rather the Fire announcers, or JP/Harkes.