Euro trash (r, sort of)

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by jocasta, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Well, well, well. Team Norway comes up with a surprise for Team Germany. Who's got their wrists cuffed to their ankles now, hmm? I wonder what distracted Team Germany more, the fur legwarmers or the unexpected sight of David Bowie revisiting his lesser known Wagnerian phase while standing in Norway's goal. Folks cheering against Germany, take note, and go to the stadium dressed appropriately.

Ha! You wish. If you wanted a medal, you shouldn't have taken She Who Shall Not Be Named #1 and She Who Shall Not Be Named #2.

That's awfully long. Can we shorten them to Thing 1 and Thing 2?

2. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    I have TOLD you that I see these two as the harbingers of defeat and destruction! Thing 1 and 2 is fine by me. I usually just sneer and grunt when I am forced to mouth their names. Ugh.

3. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I'm not sure where else to place this. :eek:

I got B's across the board on my Bente Nordby article on Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Bente_Nordby

I dare anyone else in the world (aside from her) to write a better and more thoroughly reasearched Wiki article on her.

:comes to terms with geekdom:

4. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Redcard, baby, you put the "stalk" in stalker! :D Good work!

5. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    :eek:

Just because my English Wiki entries are leaps and bounds better than the Norwegian articles doesn't mean I'm a stalker. Besides, I'm not even on the right continent. :p

===

At the risk of turning this thread into something more, does anyone want to pool our collective OLY broadcast posibilities? Besides all the knock out rounds, I'll have access to the following Group matches:
    Aug 6: USA-NOR
    Aug. 9: USA-JPN, NGA-GER, BRZ-NKR
    Aug. 12: USA-NZL, NGR-BRZ

I'd be willing to trade for OLY broadcasts I don't get (Pref. Norway, Germany, Sweden) or even past matches I may not have.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. PM me if you're interested.

6. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    FINALLY something we can agree on. :D

7. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    OK, now we can talk about Victoria Svensson's partner's uterus. If we really have to. In an interview in gay magazine QX, Svensson talks about her wife, her baby and about the rumours that abounded once news got out that she had "become a parent". If I wasn't on holiday with thousands of sporty homosexuals, I might do the honours and translate the article. And I might even force myself to do so in the near future if there's any expressed interest. But in the meantime, those who have a handy automatic translator (or even understand Swedish), can find the article on page 22 here: http://www.qx.se/uploads/e4/5675d3d03b6ca9ec37680b82b9655a.pdf .

8. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Now, now, this is no time make excuses!

See how much you've already accomplished, even through the sweat and grit of life below the Mason-Dixon, hampered by geography, shading your lamp behind a redneck's bandanna. See how much you've already contributed, doomed as you are to wander through the haze of city heat and silly drinks and blaring disco music and fun people making fun. Sisters! Don't give up the fight!

9. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Hey, no silly drinks involved! *hides umbrella and naked nymph stirring stick* Just lots of... serious sportsmen and sportswomen doing their utmost blah blah blah. Although admittedly accompanied by the ubiquitous backing track of "Y.M.C.A", "I will Survive" and "Dancing Queen".

But here's another link about "Vickan's baby" for Swedish speakers:
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article2976202.ab

Apparently the baby has already been given football boots by Svensson's sponsor. So maybe in 18 years...

10. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Y'all asked for it ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't say I never did nothin' for y'all. Well, besides give you nightmares ...

11. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
  12. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    No, no, NO!!!

I was thinking more along the lines of some hideous swamp things with rotting teeth ....

Maybe like Orks with soccer uniforms?

13. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Sorry, I can only handle one (non-work) Photoshop project a week.

But next week looks like it may be open.

:D

14. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    This is exactly what I had in mind. Nicely done!

You want to legitimize them by giving them scales and fangs? But this way, they're silly.

15. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Jocastalina, the fact that these two are on our team, and possibly will actually be TOUCHING THE BALL ON THE FIELD AGAINST BRAZIL is giving me NIGHTMARES! They're not silly. Do silly things give a jaded and cynical loser of life like moi nightmares?

16. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    What you mean "we," kickinthehead?

-----------------

FIFA could at least have picked up on the all-important question of "What did Team Germany have for breakfast?"

Victims of a Lufthansa strike, apparently they didn't have much on the flight to China. The tragic headline reads "Kein Frühstück für Prinz und Co."

Well, they did have something to eat, and through the miracle that is Babelfish, we can find out what it was:

"Even the olympia participants do not remain spared by the consequences of the Lufthansa strike: Approximately 80 athletes had to seize on the flight to Peking to lubricated butter bread. Among them also the Frankfurt football women around Birgit prince."

Mmmm, lubricated butter bread. "Hey, Fatmire, hand over that lubricated butter bread I know you're hoarding." I bet the first thing young Germans learn in training camp is to not get in the way of the older players when lubricated butter bread is on offer at the DFB canteen.

Unverified reports claim that Thing 1, the runt of the litter and therefore on the lowest rung of the lubricated butter bread chain, with not an ounce of body fat to spare, was apparently reduced to eating a stuffed pig.

17. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Maybe they meant bread with Boy Butter? And if so, who managed to smuggle it past security? Although the flight attendants are always likely candidates. :rolleyes:

[Incidentally, that is one appalling translation. But where's the fun in truth and accuracy, eh?]

Let us be thankful that their mascot escaped unscathed.

And just because this photo scares me a little, I'm going to recycle it from the Olympics forum... Paule and BP!

[​IMG]

18. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Well!! I'd never have figured Ms. Prinz to be a Plushie, but there you go, Ladies and Laddies!

19. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Isn't it wonderful? This is why we still need Babelfish, to come up with such lovely phrases. I would never ever have thought to string together the words "lubricated butter bread."

Paule looks a little bug eyed to me, and is resorting to a very tenuous looking overhanded grab of a single thigh. Not good. A fireman's carry might work better. Either Paule needs to hit the weight room, or next time BP can do the hoisting.

20. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I thought they were called 'fuzzies.'

Not that ... Er. Nevermind.

21. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    OK, I'm confused now. Mudslinging at the Olympics, Eurotrash... You're mixing me up now. Where am I supposed to put things??? I'm just going to start posting everything in the WPS forum and you can all deal with the aftermath.

muttermuttermutter

22. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Apparently, they're all plushies :eek:. This from Paule's blog (yes, I'm a sad ********, reading a stuffed mascot's blog...):

"Jeden Abend wird das Bett aufgedeckt und ein kleines Kuscheltier auf das Nachttischchen gelegt."

And if I'm reading this right, this all sounds kind of ominous: " Ich befürchte schon das Schlimmste für die kleinen Knuddeldinger."

The mind boggles.

23. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    You sick ********. Haha!

24. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Go on, give us a proper translation for all the non-German speakers with dirty minds :D. I think the truth is actually funnier than anything Babelfish could make out of it.