Netherlands Antilles squad - better than people realize?

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by fscat, Feb 11, 2008.

1. fscat

fscat Member

May 2, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands_Antilles_national_football_team

I was looking through the CONCACAF squads on wiki and came across the Netherlands Antilles squad. I was surprised by how many of these players play in Europe, especially the 1st and 2nd Dutch divisions. With a good manager (I have no idea about Leen Looyen) and if they can regularly recall these players for qualifiers, could this team be the shock team of WCQ in CONCACAF? Especially considering the run into the hex isn't as difficult as it is for other teams.

2. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yeah, thats exactly what I said in some other thread

3. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Their biggest dismise will be the psychological challenge to beat Haiti even at home. If they can overcome that, then, Haiti will have to fight hard just to survive the scare.

(Remember Guadeloupe was unable to beat a struggling Haitian team in the GC and the surging U-20 SKN could not knock out the outclassed Jamaican U-20 team in the WCQ. That's just how it is in Caribbean football. Upsetting Jamaica, Haiti, and Trinidad is possible, but rare).

According to some match reports, Nederlands-Antilles played defensive against Nicaragua. That would be a major mistake against Haiti who rarely misses goal opportunities.

4. fscat

fscat Member

May 2, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Well Netherlands Antilles has their first of the home and home against Haiti on June 15th. Do they still have the chance to pull off an upset here and be the shock team of the region? Again, I reference the roster of this team, and contend that with the right coach, and the right motivation, this team could really surprise some people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands_Antilles_national_football_team#Current_squad

There's the roster again for anyone who wants to reference it.

5. Zimbabwe_National

Zimbabwe_National New Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    same can go for suriname, but they call up all local instead of the Seedorfs or Drenthes but they do have some of their siblings like Roysten's little brother and Seedorf's i think. but none the less Antille slook out.

6. ed4life

ed4life New Member

Mar 16, 2008
    The Netherlands Antilles lost to Venezuela 1-0 in Williamstead 6-9-08...good result considering Venezuela is a better team than the Antilles...maybe the Antilles can beat Haiti..

Netherlands Antilles 0 Venezuela 1
    Daniel Arismendi (74.)

7. fscat

fscat Member

May 2, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I wonder how much of a full squad played in this game.

8. Boris_B

Boris_B New Member

Jun 10, 2008
    http://www.federacionvenezolanadefu...ull&id=1213103574&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2

http://www.extra.an/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2390&Itemid=33

Informashon about the game in Spanish. You can si the name of the players. It will by very defecult for Haiti two win from the Antilles. I live in the Antilles ai so the game. Sorry my English!!!!!!

NET. Antilles VS Venezuela
    Goals 0 1
    **Shots 5 7
    Corners 2 2
    Yellow c. 1 1

** Venezuela player Evelio Hernández mist open goal chanse (25 min)
    ** Antillen player Revi Rosalia hit the post (60 min)

Antillen formation
    Goal:
    Wencho Farrell (HSCS Neth)

Defense:
    Tyrone Loran (NAC Breda Neth)(out) -(in) Eugene Martha (Jong Colombia, Ant.),
    Angelo Cijntje (BV Veendam Neth)
    Shelton Martis (West Bromwich Albion UK)- Shannon Carmelia (C Barber,Ant)
    Angelo Martha (Willem II Neth) -Lennox Moris (Turkiemsport)

Midfield:
    Giovanny Franken (out)- (in) Revi Rosalia (TOP Oss Neth).
    Anton Jongsma (FC Zwolle Neth), -Angelo Zimmerman (BV Veendam Neth),
    Djuric Winklaar (Quick Amersfoort Neth)
    Dyron Daal (Fuernabrava Spain.) -Leon Kantelberg (VVV-Venlo Neth),

Attack:
    Richmar Siberie (Straelen, Germany.),
    Sendley Sidney Bito (Arsenal Kiev, Ukrain.).

Two injurd players
    Orlando Smeekes (Go Ahead Eagles Neth),
    Robin Nelisse (Red Bul Salzburg Autria), Captain

Venzuela
    (1): Leonardo Morales; Roberto Rosales, Pedro Boada (José Manuel Rey 46), Gabriel Cichero, Juan Fuenmayor, Franklin Lucena (Miguel Mea Vitali 58), Evelio Hernández, César González (Ronald Vargas 61), Juan Arango (Jorge Rojas 46), José Torrealba (Alexander Rondón 63) y Daniel Arismendi (Giancarlo Maldonado 81). DT: César Farías.

9. nloplo

nloplo New Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Its impossible for NA to win against Haiti, totally impossible.

10. fscat

fscat Member

May 2, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    We're talking about Haiti here, not the ' 06 Italian National Team, it is very possible, especially if the Haitians go into the game with the same arrogant attitude you are displaying.

11. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    It really should be an even matchup, can't wait.

12. Boris_B

Boris_B New Member

Jun 10, 2008
    The Haitians are not realistic. Some Haitians fans think they gone win 5-0 7-0 & 10-0!!!!!!!!
    Because they are the “Caribbean Champions” Howe many games have Haiti won after they became Carib Chaps??????????? Way this arrogant attitude. There over confides will by there dim ace.

13. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    I understand your optimism. But, N-A is no match for us.

It may not be the regular 6-0 we often give you, but we will win.

14. Boris_B

Boris_B New Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Are you Haitians the World Champions??????????????
    What is Digicel cup??????????
    Nothing!!!!!!!
    I don't understand your optimism. Way this arrogant attitude.

15. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Haiti is the better team on paper, there is no doubt about that. Fortunately, the game is not played on paper and fortunately for those of us who like Caribbean football, the game will be played on GolTV (at least according to the Reggae Boyz forum)

16. fscat

fscat Member

May 2, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Well I hope it is, I'd watch it.

17. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Dude, why are you so upset? You are by far the underdogs. It's normal and widely expected for Haiti to beat you 3, 4, or 5-0!

Beating Nicaragua doesn't make you an instant powerhouse in the region. Oh no!:D

Relax, dude. It's a football game.

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You almost sound like Warlord when he talks about the Haitian/Jamaican rivalry. :eek::(:(

Metro

19. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    What an insult!;)

Grenada is leading Costa Rica 2-1 (actually, it was 2-0 ht!).

I hope that was the only upset God had written down in his concacaf football upset notebook!!!!:D

Can N-A beat Haiti? Of course, that's possible. But, that would be a huge upset as nobody expects them to beat Haiti in Haiti. That's the whole point that my curacao friend failed to understand.

20. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Back just in time. Its nice coming back to the forum around the qualifiers. If the second HollaND CAN STUFF the arrogant haitians here id be happy!:D

21. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

That clown can never look like me let alone sound like me. He's Haitian.:D

22. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

you got no bizness mentioning Haiti in the same breath with Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago. You havent achieved anything near wat either nation has. One CFU title doesnt suddenly elevate you to elite status.

Its like comparing Malta to the French or the English:D

23. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Hey the ''lord'' is back. Congratulations on beating St-Vincent recently..seriously...thats a great win. However, how did it feel to lose to Grenada? I mean...thats now 5 minnows that beat Jamaica in the past 18 months. How does it feel? Id really like to get a smart answer from you for once.

24. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    (Sssht! Don't come out yet because there is at least 1 Haitian in the Bahamas team and he had already helped his team eliminate Jamaica from the olympics.)

It's not yet safe to come out. So, try to be smart for once and stay in your hiding hole:D !

25. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Lol he should stay in hiding just like he did when Jamaica embarased the Carribean and Concacaf by beeing whiped by Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia I think. Not to mention the 8-1 lost to Iran...and their recent lost to Grenada which despite their result yesterday should not scare the top carribean teams They also lost to St-Vincent in the digicel cup not too long ago. All that in less than 2 years and with all that money...oh man! Losers are like that, they chose when they come out, they go in hiding when things go bad and thats exactly what warlord haha..warlord..thats exactly what he did. Now he will come up with excuses that he couldnt be on the net bla bla bla...winners find ways to win, losers find excuses...and you warlord...are a loser.