Hansa Rostock want Pearce to leave--merged

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by fresh aah, Jan 17, 2008.

1. fresh aah

fresh aah New Member

May 16, 2006
    Hamburg
    Bild, as well as other sources report that Hansa Rostock wants to transfer Pearce as soon as possible.

2 weeks ago HP missed his flight from California, so he took another one to Munich, then to Hamburg where he stayed believing it was okay to do so because Hansa was to take off to their Dubai/Teheran-Airport ;) training camp a day(s?) later from Hamburg anyway. Into the bargain, he did not contact the club immediately.

Last Tuesday he sat together with Pagelsdorf (coach), their manager and their PR guy, and was reportedly sentenced to pay 1500€ as punishment, which Pearce didn't want to accept, says Bild. The article also says there had been issues before. I guess by that they mean the fact that HP repeatedly insisted on being in the 1st squad? I'm not sure.

Pagelsdorf: Yes, he's not in my plans anymore. Heath seems to be aiming high. It seems, to him Hansa is a bit too small for a football club. That's all I want to say for now.

Manager Herbert (get a brain) Maronn: If there's a club willing to pay for him, he can leave the club during the winter break.

Pearce: I don't understand this reaction. I'm shocked.

Article:
    http://www.bild.t-online.de/BILD/sp...sdorf-pearce/rausschmiss-usa,geo=3499408.html

2. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Member+

Oct 7, 2003
    Simsbury, CT
    Re: Hansa Rostock want Pearce to leave

LMAO!

3. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not shocked-- Heath's got attitude. What he doesn't have, so far, is the on-field resume to back up such attitude. Hope it works out better for him at his next stop.

4. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Were there problems in Denmark that I'm forgetting about?

5. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Serious lack of understanding of the expectations for professional behavior.

Heath's not the first player suffering from that.

6. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland

It's Bob Bradley's fault. :D just kidding.

The guy made a mistake. But... he's not some 18 year old. He's about 23. Was he rehabbing in California or on vacation with family? Why did he miss his flight? If the manager really said that, maybe Pearce blew up and said something about the club's stature, insinuating that it was little, etc. Depends on how that conversation went. He probably should've just accepted it, after pleading his case and letting them know there was no disrespect or ill-intentions in the gaffe/mix-up. But he's a pro. Needs to do better.

he's still got a bright future. Wasn't he supposed to be 'defender of the year' or something in denmark? I also think he's got enough talent to make it on a mid-level club in a good league. But he's going nowhere if he doesn't act more professionally.

7. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think people are referring to his "I'm the best US left back" press statement. Maybe the two things are unconnected. Maybe not.

8. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004

He actually can be much bigger than Hansa ... but that's no reason to tell his coach and management about that.

9. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana

Ah, yes. Shades of John Harkes.

10. JayDelight729

JayDelight729 Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Section 101

Not with an attitude like that.

11. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ohhh yes. I don't know how I forgot about that! Looks like he didn't learn his lesson the first time...
    I feel like primadonna-ish/troublemaker reputations are hard to shake off (even if this is only a half-truth), and any club that signs him now might view him as more of a risk.

12. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006

someone who clearly does not know how to deal with Germans.

never mess with their plans, especially not with a surfer dude attitude.

still, this seems like a case where Hansa cant place him where they wanted to and now think they can do better at the position he is holding down.

Dont know how to take this. 1st team playing time in the Bundesliga is hard to come by, but his talent might be bigger than Hansa. Would like to see him go to Dortmund or maybe Leverkusen (that would be great). Even Koeln would be better as they will likely go top next year and have a huge fan base.

13. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004

I have no problem with his attitude. He just has to learn to keep his mouth shut.

Athletically, Heath is very gifted and should easily be a mid-tier left back in Bundesliga.

Hansa is not mid-tier by the same standards.

14. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Who's wife is he nailing?

15. RSwenson

RSwenson Member

Feb 1, 2000

Ahhhh... but I doubt that you are German, then... Germans who are in positions of authority have major problems with people who have a "'tude"....

...and I doubt that "its not a big deal" has ever been an acceptable statement in that country (for anything)...

16. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So how does that work? The manager was going to leave him out but heath was mean to him so he put him in? I don't get that as a criticism...

17. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--

In hindsight, that little pep talk about what to expect in Germany with Clint Mathis was not the best idea.

Based on his fruity behavior, if he can't find a spot in Europe, he can back up Manny Ramirez for the Red Sox. He also plays on the left side of the field.

18. Matt12

Matt12 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Trondheim
    Club:
    Rosenborg BK

anyone know what his salary is in germany ?

think he looks like a good defender but migth be to expensive for my team :)

19. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004

Probably somewhere in the €300,000-€350,000 range.

20. green94

green94 Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

On the bright side, now Heath can persue his dream move to Ajax. :eek:

21. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Given the issues that developed recently in the Fielhaber to Maccabi thread, before we get too far down this road, let me put on my Barney Fife hat and nip the (inadvertent) ethnic stereotyping in the bud.

Can we just say that it's possible to understand how a cavalier attitude toward work obligations would be problematic without referencing German Character in general? I sense nothing but good intentions in this thread, but these do aft gang agley.

22. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999

Sounds like he's gone native. Real Americans drive two hours to work every day without batting an eyelash.

Come home, son.

23. fcbayern

fcbayern New Member

Jul 25, 2007
  24. dcpohl

dcpohl Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. aceterp

aceterp New Member

Feb 17, 2007
    Harrisburg, PA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Pearce Done At Roctock

Google translation of article:

Trainer Frank Pagelsdorf has defensive player Heath Pearce at Hansa Rostock out.
    "He plays in my sporting plans no longer," said the 49-year-old coach of the Americans, the only season ablösefrei first by the Danish FC Nordsjaelland came.
    Pearce had during training launch on 2 January unentschuldigt missing and a fine of 1,500 euros collects. For his decision but would be responsible for athletic reasons, said Pagelsdorf.
    The 23-year-old links defender Pearce was, and still is at the intermediate under contract until 2009.
    Compiled by Christian Stüwe

..Sucks for Heath... no we all have to ask why in the world he did this?