Seating changes for 2008 on RBNY website

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by kilmier, Sep 19, 2007.

1. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL logically if you are using half the Stadium then you should pay half the rent, no? lol

2. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just called the FO and the guy I spoke to said that I can keep my season tickets where I am now (section 137). He did offer me a signed Juan Pablo Angel picture if I would move over to the other side. WTF??? He said that any new season tickets would be sold in the opposite part of the stadium (looking right at the sun). WTF??? I mentioned to him that a friend of mine (who's son plays on my son's club team) wanted to get either season tickets or a partial season ticket plan but wanted to sit with us in 137. He said that this would be a problem. I left a message for my actual ticket rep and will await the response. This is very strange as all of the construction going on right now is in the parking lots adjacent to the sun-in-your-face side of the stadium. WTF???

3. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

You answer to WTF? Might be this link. Take it anyway you want but in the end read what it says and add your two sense!

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601250

4. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, I don't subscribe to your 'Red Bull Park Is Dead' theory. This probably has more to do with giving the illusion via tv of more people at the game than there actually are (like they do in New England). I really can't see them turning a profit without Red Bull Park and would probably be in a greater hole having to pay rent in the new stadium. That said, I could be wrong about all of this but If Red Bull Park is dead then I can see the team moving elsewhere.

5. Anyone think this may have to do with the parking situation next year with the new Giants stadium being in a more advanced stage of construction?

6. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I dont know if RB PARK is dead, but there is a lot of evidence that points to something being up. This moving around within the stadium is clearly to get a better tv presence, but then again why move your fans around the last season? You are only going to cause them to get upset and RB really doesnt have a strong fan base outside of NJ.

7. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Excellent point!

8. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But the contruction is on the side where they are offering season tickets now. If this were the case, then they would sell season tickets on the opposite side (where the teams sit and where my section - 137 - is). This has to be only for tv, just like they do in NE.

9. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Do you think that a bigger tv contract might be in play? Considering that bothering the fans for one season sounds stupid.

10. Quartz62

Quartz62 New Member

May 21, 2007
    what's to you? Its not like you'll be there anyway.

11. Prazan

Prazan New Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Prague
    From what I understand of New England's situation, it is more than just TV there. They also cut costs by not opening half of the stadium (fewer ushers, security, concessions personnel, etc.). Since existing season ticket holders will still be on that side of the stadium, that won't be the case here. This must just be for the TV image.

As long as they avoid antagonizing the existing season ticket holders on that side, it probably isn't a bad compromise. There will still be fans on that side of the stadium, so the atmosphere shouldn't take as bad a hit as they have in NE, but the crowds will look better on TV. I expect that if people really want to get season tickets on the other side (I want to sit with my friends, etc.), they will sell them there. They aren't exactly in a position to tell customers "take it or leave it".

12. kilmier

kilmier New Member

Apr 26, 2006
    I'm sorry, what?

13. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Club 132 will not be moving (unless it's a beer run.)

14. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure what is this all about but they have this up on the web site

Don't miss a minute of the action at Giants Stadium. Guarantee your same great seat for all Red Bulls games at Giants Stadium in 2008. The Red Bulls have some of the best season ticket holder benefits in all of pro sports. Red Bulls season ticket packages are flexible and affordable for families, youth soccer teams and businesses alike. http://web.mlsnet.com/t107/tickets/

it says same great seats, i had this seats for years i am sure they wont force me to move

so this is just speculation means nothing

15. kilmier

kilmier New Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Here's an official response from the Metrofanatic boards:
    http://www.soccerpubs.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=23430&st=30

"Current ticket plan holders will be able to renew their seats in the same location as in years past. They will not be required by any means to switch their seat locations to the north side of the stadium. The map you have referenced only applies to new full season ticket plans, partial season ticket plans and single game purchases (group sales, TicketMaster, etc...) for the 2008 season. In addition, current ticket plan holders will be able to add seats to their accounts for friends and family with seats adjacent to their current location based on availability."

16. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, if he was in the LAST row he'd be in the sun the entire time....

[/devil's advocate] ;)

17. dickmac

dickmac New Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have already purchased my seat for next year and I wasn't told anything aobut having to move. So, I am happy about this reply from the FO.

I spent my first two seasons on the North side and I hated being in the sunshine. It took me a couple seasons to realize I could ask for the other side! Hey, so I'm not that smart, what can I say! :cool:

18. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    actually he is a she

19. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    I dont agree with this seating chart. We dont need to lie to the public.

20. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Austrians Lie? NEVER

21. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

There aren't any lies. The seating chart is pretty accurate.

22. njzorrooo

njzorrooo Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I love this idea. I'm in section 131. This means more elbow and leg room for me.

23. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    Man, y r an intelligent man. I hope u r not serious right?. The redbulls are trying to create a fake intimate atmosphere by using a 1/4 of the stadium and then forcing the camara crew to just capture the angle where fans are. This way giving people the impression that the games are "sold out". This is lying to me.

24. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, lying is when the announced attendance is 10,000 and there are really 3,000 in the place. Anyway, this is already done in New England. They can say it's all about using only half the stadium there, but it's the same crap. It's all about perception. If you don't want to be 'lied' to, then get yourself a season ticket or two and come see how many people actually show up.

25. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, there are lies! The seats are NOT that color! I've seen them up close!