Canadian goals in the Dutch League

Discussion in 'Canada' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Aug 30, 2006.

1. I just read that his mother was on the stands during the match. I think she has enjoyed her visit to the "Kuip", because the atmosphere was great and JdG was cheered at and it was a kind of sunny too. So everything in place to warm a proud mother's heart:)

2. Kibby

Kibby Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Ottawa

I bet she's so proud, there's alot to be proud about...

3. Friend scored twice against Feyenoord for Heracles, thus helping Heerenveen to overtake Feyenoord for a place in the play off for a Champions League spot. He may be called Friend, but at the moment he isnot mine:eek:

4. narduch

narduch New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    I think Friend wanted to put on a show for our possible-Canuck. :D

Apparently Friend now has 4 goals against Feyenoord this season.

5. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yeah, Friend is a Feyenoord slayer ;)

2 goals this weekend and 2 in an earlier encounter when he was with Heerenveen...sorry FSF!

6. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

7. You have to do a better effort of apologizing if you want me to finish my translation of an interview of Lenski;)

8. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I just figured when you support a club as storied and successful as Feyenoord that everyone admires, long apologies aren't needed. :D

9. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  10. Rob Friend scored again this weekend and had an assist too.
    He wiil be joined by Will Johnson next season, who extended his contract with Heerenveen and to get Eredivisie experience will be on loand with Heracles.
    That is if Rob Friend is with Heracles next season of course.

11. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Good news, thanks FSF!!

Do you have a link by any chance?

12. JohnJohn

JohnJohn New Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Chino
    WillJohnson scored another goal in a reserve match Monday night.

13. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Dec 16, 2004
    Montreal
    http://www.sc-heerenveen.nl/web/show/id=42457/contentid=4734

From what I can make out of the article with my German, it seems like Johnson has been signed for two more years and will be loaned out not to Heracles but to De Graafschap. De Graafschap is winning the 2nd division by a big margin this year and will be promoted to the 1st division next year so it should be a chance for some playing time for Johnson.

14. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    From what i can gather from Babylon translator:

2 year deal with another 2 option years. He'll be loaned to De Graafschap who are coached by former Heerenveen trainer Jan de Jonge.

Speculating that his performance against Utrecht might have led to his re-signing.

Johnson has been the best reserve player this year and has scored atleast 15 times. He will miss the reserves final (probably due to U20 vs. Argentina)

edit: He is missing the reserve final due to YC accumulation

15. SoccerNewf

SoccerNewf Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Pasadena, NL
    I haven't heard much of Johnson but from what I am reading here I really like the sounds of this guy. Will there be a good chance I get to see a lot of him at the U-20 World Cup?

16. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    There's a good chance he'll be out captain.

17. Yep, I must stop trying to do three things at the same time, because I made Johnson a Heracles player what should be "De Graafschap". I should realize I'm not a woman:D

18. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Hey it's all good FSF...how is that translation of the Lensky interview going?

In the post above i made an obvious typo "There's a good chance he'll be our captain"

19. Half way, but we have summer temperatures over here and it is just spring, so I'm distracted by long legged Frisian women in short skirts:p

20. Rob Friend made it as the striker into the star team of the week in "Voetbal International".
    The Canadians take over the Star team with JdG and de Jong too:)

21. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    All 3 of them were in the Star team!? :)

22. Not in the same team, no.

23. New season and after being suspended for the first competition match the first match for Jonathan De Guzman in "De Kuip" against NAC Breda.

He scored a brilliant free kick and played well. He was awarded a 7.5 (out of 10) by the news paper "De Telegraaf" for the competition for the "Player of the Year" award for his performance.

24. A thunder strike from a distance and the final touch of a wonderful fast one touch football attack over six station if I was counting right made it two goals from Jonathan de Guzman. He is looking better with every new match with his new team mates. He clearly is enjoying himself again.

25. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada