Disinterest grows

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by #10 Jersey, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Roc Le Roc

Roc Le Roc New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Chicago......get it together. A big city like you should be ashamed at your half assed support.
    Who wants to drive out to the middle of nowhere to see a game anyway? Maybe that's the problem. What a bad idea building Toyota Park out there.
    If Chicago doesn't want the team, maybe you should move it to St. Louis. I hear they're building a new stadium.

2. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Hey Rock the Cock, have you ever been to any MLS match? Ever been to Chicago? Ever been to a Fire home game? Will you be traveling down here with your team? Do you know anything about how we support our team?

Good luck with your new franchise, we know you're excited to unwrap your new toy... but to start talking about how we support our team, shit kid, you haven't got a clue. Stop embarrassing yourself. Go play with the other special needs members in MLS: Fan Rivalries forum.

3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Roc Le Roc

Roc Le Roc New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Yes I have been to Chicago. Beautiful city. I've never been to an MLS game....this is our first year in the league. I have seen a few games on TV. I haven't been to a Fire home game, but I have gone to YouTube and have seen highlights from Toyota Park, giving me an idea of how you support your team.......Your pride and joy....Section 8... looks pretty thin most of the time. I might go for a road trip this summer...but I'd probably go to New York because I've never been. Damn you ask alot of questions.

Embarrassing myself? Shit kid, you guys are the ones with the disintrest thread. I'd be embarrased if I had a brand new stadium and could only half fill it, and had people on line talking about how they didn't care anymore. I don't have to go to Chicago to see that your support is weak. A big flag doesn't mean you have great fans.

By the way...how you rhymed Roc with Cock..brilliant. What a genius. I've never seen that before.

5. Your mother goes down on boat people.

6. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    Only the slow or very weak ones...

7. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We show too much interest in our "Disinterest grows" thread....

It's like callin' a fat guy 'tiny'.

:cool:

8. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    Or a short guy "coach"... ;)

Which proves, I guess, it's not so much that I'm disinterested...just bored.

9. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    I agree with Kenn that I couldn't care less about this guy or where he plays.

10. shooter6065

shooter6065 Member

Nov 16, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

A sure sign of a troll is when someone writes something rude and then you look at when they joined BS and it's usually someone who joined that month.

11. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    and grows and grows....even with opening day approaching...no improvements....nothing happening.....

12. Etienne_72772

Etienne_72772 Member+

Oct 14, 1999
    No kidding--I have lost faith in both Guppy and Sarachan to produce an exciting product on the field.

Please, Fire, do something, anything that indicates you guys have your shit together. Please make me look forward to the season, because right now, I ain't excited about the start of the season.

No Jersey sponsor announced, no DP signing (yet--I know, Blanco...), nothing new, and nothing to indicate this team is headed in the right direction. Sarachan manages to stay as coach because he wins the US Open Cup. Big deal! I know it's a championship, and it's hardware for the trophy case (which is more than Columbus or New York can say...), but the team has to do better than that!

13. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  14. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate myself for risking my title of King of the Doom-und-Gloom but...

How many other MLS teams have gotten significantly better since last year? OK, there's LA obviously, DCU and possibly the RedBulls assuming that Arena has actually whipped them into shape and Reyna plays more than a few games. But everyone else? Pfffft. If anything, our only other competition in the East besides NJ and DC - the Revs, have gotten worse. Really, I don't think we're much if any worse off than we were this time last year. We have our own great stadium, an improved TV package, our season tickets arrived on time, we'll certainly be above .500, we'll make the play-offs and odds are at least even that we'll make the USOC Final again. And unless anyone here has some insider info, who's to say we're not actively pursuing a DP who will fulfill one of our needs and makes us better? Is there room for improvement? Well, yeah. But without losing sight of that reality, we're still ahead of some other teams.

I think the USOC is a big deal. At least, I sure as hell enjoyed the night we won it last year. Would it help if other MLS teams were smart enough to see it as an opportunity to win a trophy rather than a distraction from the MLS season? Sure. But that's their problem. Poku knows I'm not exactly Guppy's or Dave's biggest fan but jeez, man, give them some credit for recognizing that there's an important, historic piece of silverware to be won and they're at least making a sincere effort to win it each year.

15. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Toronto actually worries me a bit.

16. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Johnston and Gansler coaching? Sweet merciful crap, I'd take Sarachan over those guys.

17. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Sellout.

18. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bygones?

Who are you and what have you done with Joe? ;)

19. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

Re: Bygones?

Hey look everyone! Kenn's back!

Good to see you Kenn. Nice tan.

20. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    totally off point.

There is nothing going on...If there is nothing going on at other teams than disinterest grows for all of MLS. But that is actually not the case

21. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

Yeah, I watched parts of the Houston-Pachuca and DCU-Chivas games. And I thought to myself "Could we have played as well as Houston and DCU." And I just couldn't see it.

22. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    Maybe it's not disinterest (at least with the fans of the Fire and other MLS clubs) maybe it's more frustration. You see these other teams building their club's roster and making progress in other areas and say how come our club can't do this and I understand where that frustration could be felt. Lots of clubs in leagues all over the world go through this too. Hang in there!! A new season is on it's way and all of us fans of MLS will soon get our dose of football soon! :cool:

Didn't Chicago just get a SSS?? That's good! Awesome as a matter of fact!

Still a young league with miles and miles to grow! Nothing but positive in the future of this league!

23. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    That's funny. I watched it and thought to myself "could we get someone like Emilio? Please?"

24. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    And keep him?

25. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    Fair and balanced. as usual Joe. ;)

My question for you - and others - is "What do you see in NY that i don't?" And it's not just you, cuz everyone i talk to seems to think they're going to be better/good.

i think they're going to struggle to make the playoffs. i have them on the outside looking in come October. Is it just that Bruce is there? Is it Claudio? Is Altidore going to explode? Personally, i don't think those three are enough to get them much higher than the Eastern Conference basement.

Maybe if they use their other DP well and trade for Alecko, otherwise i have them 5th or 6th in the EC.

peter